Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

how is posting going Erik?

It's going great. My confidence is building everyday, and my trainers has provided lot of information. I been relaying, station switching, car washes, and layups. It feels good to get to this level, and work with the senior crew. A little overtime, here and there... Yesterday, I cleared at 5AM.

I'm enjoying the weekends off, while I'm still able to. :)

Edited by ErikNYC

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to report at 6PM, but the job was a penalty assignment, and I opted to stay. I worked in health care for eighteen years, so working weekends, holidays, and all hours of the day is something I'm use to. I actually liked being in the yard where is was peaceful and quiet. Next week I will be posting the in mornings for a week.

You will get Thanksgiving off with pay, but I don't know about the following day. lol

i know i might be pushing my luck, in school car or in the middle of training do you get thanksgiving and the day after off?

If you are in schoolcar, they will likely have you come in the Sunday before Thanksgiving (instead of being off that entire weekend before), give you the holiday off plus Friday/Saturday RDOs, then resume you with weekends off the following week so that you will get a four day weekend. However, they may or may not still do this but it's something that used to be commonly done, because the instructors in schoolcar also enjoyed having time with their families.

If you have not worked at least 30 days with Transit, however, you are not entitled to be paid the additional 8 hours for a holiday. Otherwise, you will receive the additional 8 hours pay for the holiday off.

thats subwayguy, hopefully they do this  lol

hope we dont have a terrible winter as well during training etc

i heard there supposed to be 2 more classes in Nov and Dec

Thanks, I did my drug test on September 11 , they gave me  the 21 pages booklet , now I'm still waiting for the phone call. I hope it will happen this week. My list number 442#

Hello, I've seen all the posts regarding to hiring and wanted to chime in. I first received my pre employment letter on October 15, 2014 and was invited to take my drug test on October 18, 2014. After the drug test, I was told to wait 2-90 days for my phone call to compete my final processing. Unfortunately, I never received that phone call in that 2-90 day period and my 90 days expired January 20, 2015. In that period I missed an October, December and February class during that same timeframe. I received my second phone call on Friday May 1, 2015 and was invited to come back May 6, 2015 to compete my second urinalysis and final processing/medical. I was sworn in that same day and was placed into the May 18, 2015 class, which gave me less than two weeks to resign from my employer at the time. I use my experience to juxtapose to everybody waiting be patient and don't stress yourself and family about a process you can't control.

The last thing you wanna do is look at your phone log everyday for missed calls and/or your mail box for a letter. It could be very stressful on you and your loved ones, if they're too taking on your stress. To those waiting for a call to return to take a drug test, it'll happen. To those with a list number of 4,691 or lower you have a great chance of getting hired too.

I have been on the job since May of this year and things are going well thus far. However, I would advise that you guys focus on things like having great health and your 21 page booklet complete so you have nothing that holds up your employment. Landing this job and getting through training will have its own pressure and stresses. Be patient now and let the process of hiring take care of itself.

Stay well everyone....

Yes, I'm still training as of right now in the YX portion of the schedule. And the job is great. I tend to stay away from giving school car advice to those that aren't on the job yet because every individual experience is different. I will say enjoy this time you have with your family now and when school car starts, immerse yourself 100% into learning all your equipment and studying your signals. If you do that everything else will fall in place most times. Stay well.

Yes, I'm still training as of right now in the YX portion of the schedule. And the job is great. I tend to stay away from giving school car advice to those that aren't on the job yet because every individual experience is different. I will say enjoy this time you have with your family now and when school car starts, immerse yourself 100% into learning all your equipment and studying your signals. If you do that everything else will fall in place most times. Stay well.

appreciate it thanks for your advice and honesty..yea that will be my only problem is spending time with my family after school car but they understand im doing this for them to have a better life and stop renting and buying my own house..

sept 11 and your still waiting for a call ...i know they say wait for 3-90 days but they usually get back to you withink 2 weeks...did you call to follow up? i believe your suppose to be in the 10/26 class

It can take up to ninety days, or longer. I waited about 45 days to get a call back, after receiving the booklet. It depends on which class you will actually make it into.

Edited by ErikNYC