Worst Bus Ever

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Yeah well those stops aren't any more different than other stops along the route.

2) Why are you so surprised by that?? If you used the S53 in the morning especially (around 08:45 - 09:00) (but also in the evenings (outside of rush hour), you would see plenty of folks using the S53 to get to Hylan Blvd esp. because of the frequency of the buses and the variety as well, but also the X10 (more so on weekends, but not as frequent, probably because the Hylan lines are more frequent but also because Hylan Blvd has stops that feel safer as opposed to waiting on a friggin service road with next to no sidewalk and no one around really). The fact that you can basically step off of the X1 and have an S53 pull in behind it also helps because your trip can continue without much of a problem.

Look at it this way... The S48 is about 25 minutes to the ferry, then the wait to board the ferry and the ride is a good 30 minutes or more depending on the docking, plus the walk to and the wait for the subway if you have to go further than Downtown. The S53 can be 15 minutes to Hylan Blvd from say Forest & Broadway with no traffic and not a million stops and the X1 is say maybe 20 minutes to Downtown, so the savings in time is quite significant.

Regarding your last statement that I put in bold, I'm not following you.

1) All I'm saying is that they're not heavy stops like Hylan Blvd, Grasmere SIR, Victory Blvd, and Forest Avenue. They just have 1 or 2 people getting on or off slowing it down for everybody else.

2) I wasn't really suprised: I was expecting to see a few people taking the S53 to the express bus, but I felt I'd throw it out there.

As far as my second comment goes, now that I think it about it, it doesn't really apply. In the evening, the S53 is actually pretty fast going towards Brooklyn, so it's not that long of a ride to reach the express bus.

I was thinking that the limited would make a big difference in speed and make it more attractive than taking the S48 to the ferry (somebody on the fence about whether it's worth spending $5.50 for the express bus or $2.25 for the bus and ferry would decide to take the express bus because the S53 would be made faster), but the evening isn't really when the time savings would apply.

On the weekend, the S83 would be faster than the S53, but the S48 is already slow so it wouldn't really make a difference (anybody who wants to take the express bus will already be on it. If the S48 were faster, my case would be more valid)

Using that logic we should remove all crosstown buses because walking is definitely faster than them, especially during rush hour.
can't THEY PRINT MONEY LOL!!!!!!!!!! the cost to operate em is $1.50 or even less ask checkmate for exact numbers.

For the M35, a good idea for the knuckleheads that don't pay the driver is to eliminate the M35, and bring in the X80, so that Randall and Ward's Islanders learn their lesson to pay on the bus and riders have to pay $5.50 instead of $2.25, which is a dollar more than twice of what they pay, or 5.5 times more than their free ride. How do you like it now, Randall and Wards Island?!
Or they can make the line unreliable and simply not show up. make M35 suck badly make em wait for hours or just 1 hour then piss em off with MIA and unreliabillity. Cut service after 6 PM on weekdays strand em. reduce weekday service to hourly. kill weekend service. eventually the cost will increase under MTA logic then just axe it after making em suffer for a while.

make service so bad it will make LIB look perfect.

I gotta throw the B35 into this one. Buses always come in bunches, and the limited doesn't really make much of a difference over the local espically between Utica Av & Flatbush Av

The thing with the B25 is that it carries a good load of people throught the day, plus none of the stations along the (A)(C) lines are wheelchair accessible with the exception of Jay St.

err IF YOU WANT SPEED YOU DON'T WANT B25!!!!!!!! sucks to be them. Don't get on a duplicate and expect it to be fast.

1) All I'm saying is that they're not heavy stops like Hylan Blvd, Grasmere SIR, Victory Blvd, and Forest Avenue. They just have 1 or 2 people getting on or off slowing it down for everybody else.

Well yeah of course not, but that's the same in other areas as well. For example, going past Forest Avenue heading towards Clove you only pick up a few folks here and there, but the two big stops over there are McClean Avenue and Father Capodanno Blvd.

2) I wasn't really suprised: I was expecting to see a few people taking the S53 to the express bus, but I felt I'd throw it out there.

As far as my second comment goes, now that I think it about it, it doesn't really apply. In the evening, the S53 is actually pretty fast going towards Brooklyn, so it's not that long of a ride to reach the express bus.

I was thinking that the limited would make a big difference in speed and make it more attractive than taking the S48 to the ferry (somebody on the fence about whether it's worth spending $5.50 for the express bus or $2.25 for the bus and ferry would decide to take the express bus because the S53 would be made faster), but the evening isn't really when the time savings would apply.

On the weekend, the S83 would be faster than the S53, but the S48 is already slow so it wouldn't really make a difference (anybody who wants to take the express bus will already be on it. If the S48 were faster, my case would be more valid)

Yeah, generally you can say that it is faster in the evening, but don't think that folks don't use it going to Brooklyn in the evening because sometimes I've used it to get to the X1 or X10 and it can get pretty crowded, so that's why the S83 should run like say the M2 in terms of how late LTD service should be.

1) can't THEY PRINT MONEY LOL!!!!!!!!!! the cost to operate em is $1.50 or even less ask checkmate for exact numbers.

2) Or they can make the line unreliable and simply not show up. make M35 suck badly make em wait for hours or just 1 hour then piss em off with MIA and unreliabillity. Cut service after 6 PM on weekdays strand em. reduce weekday service to hourly. kill weekend service. eventually the cost will increase under MTA logic then just axe it after making em suffer for a while.

make service so bad it will make LIB look perfect.

1) Yeah, the cost of the crosstowns is well under $1.50 per passenger. Just go here for the full list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aha-LfXMlWNBdGplTGJUVm9oZ25DT3JLRWRjbzZkT2c#gid=1

2) If those farebeaters were on the B46, you wouldn't suggest eliminating that. Why should this be different? Just because they happen to all be on the same line?

Yeah, generally you can say that it is faster in the evening, but don't think that folks don't use it going to Brooklyn in the evening because sometimes I've used it to get to the X1 or X10 and it can get pretty crowded, so that's why the S83 should run like say the M2 in terms of how late LTD service should be.

Well, I'd start it out from around 05:30-18:00 Brooklyn-bound and 07:00-21:00 SI-bound, and then expand it as needed. Hopefully the limited results in an increase in ridership, which will result in an expansion of limited service to later hours.

1) Yeah, the cost of the crosstowns is well under $1.50 per passenger. Just go here for the full list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aha-LfXMlWNBdGplTGJUVm9oZ25DT3JLRWRjbzZkT2c#gid=1

2) If those farebeaters were on the B46, you wouldn't suggest eliminating that. Why should this be different? Just because they happen to all be on the same line?

Well, I'd start it out from around 05:30-18:00 Brooklyn-bound and 07:00-21:00 SI-bound, and then expand it as needed. Hopefully the limited results in an increase in ridership, which will result in an expansion of limited service to later hours.

M35 can't say ask others about that line. Here is a way to improve B15 reduce JFK via mail facility to run only during mail facility shift times. The rest of em go to JFK skipping the facility. Combination trips will be every other trip at night ONLY. Add more JFK service reduce postal service to run when needed. assign checkers to check ridership on them to determine which trips have no business going there. many ppl tell me it's a waste of time going through there. I will not dispute via white plains point as it was valid I was just thinking out of my ass with that one rather than create methods out of a real plan they were random thoughts.

...Here is a way to improve B15 reduce JFK via mail facility to run only during mail facility shift times. The rest of em go to JFK skipping the facility. Combination trips will be every other trip at night ONLY. Add more JFK service reduce postal service to run when needed. assign checkers to check ridership on them to determine which trips have no business going there. many ppl tell me it's a waste of time going through there. I will not dispute via white plains point as it was valid I was just thinking out of my ass with that one rather than create methods out of a real plan they were random thoughts.

Ok as someone who takes the B15 a lot (not as much as the B35 but still a lot), your plan isn't gonna work. Although the buses go to the postal facility when its closed and off peak where its almost empty, that bus also serves a double purpose. In addition to serving the postal facility, its also an easier transfer to the B13, B14, and B20 since you won't have to cross Linden Blvd (that area is a bad place to cross). Plus it also serves the area around the postal facility.

That's why all off peak and late night buses serve the facility 1st then go to the airpot).

Ok as someone who takes the B15 a lot (not as much as the B35 but still a lot), your plan isn't gonna work. Although the buses go to the postal facility when its closed and off peak where its almost empty, that bus also serves a double purpose. In addition to serving the postal facility, its also an easier transfer to the B13, B14, and B20 since you won't have to cross Linden Blvd (that area is a bad place to cross). Plus it also serves the area around the postal facility.

That's why all off peak and late night buses serve the facility 1st then go to the airpot).

Thank you very much.....I've rode that B15 so many times to know that he doesn't ride that route @ all!

I don't like the (Bx1), (Bx2), (Bx12) SBS, (Bx32), (Bx35), (Bx36), (Bx40)/(Bx42).

The Bx1,2,12,35,36,40/42 because how crowded those buses are.

The Bx32 because it is always late, late, and late.

Another bus I don't like is the (M60), although I only take to Astoria Blvd lolz.

true so that bus should be rerouted to be faster but bypass going into the facility it will travel via crescent then stanley but will not pull into the facility ppl can get transfers on the street stops. Then the bus will go up eldert lane then onward to JFK thus bypassing some lights in the process and making travel faster done and the stops around the area will still retain JFK access via B15 rerouting basically win for most ppl.

/it should still take a more direct routing while still serving the areas around the facility but it shouldn't pull into it while it's closed a simple reroute to stanley via crescent will do the trick

A simple re-route to Stanley Avenue via Crescent Avenue......what the hell you smoking? That is not a simple. And what area around the Facility its serving? Its the damn Pink Houses in the vicinity....that's not serving anything. The B15 is fine the way its now. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Just stop!

A simple re-route to Stanley Avenue via Crescent Avenue......what the hell you smoking? That is not a simple. And what area around the Facility its serving? Its the damn Pink Houses in the vicinity....that's not serving anything. The B15 is fine the way its now. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Just stop!

well I have to disagree the combination routing is roundabout and slow the bus is an airport line and shouldn't do that routing plain and simple. I am smoking nothing as unlike you I don't smoke. Again many trips pass through and pick up few folk you already know that since you use B15 again JFK and postal should remain separate or it should be every other trip bypassing that routing plain and simple. That part of B15 is overserved done. B15 still links with B13,14 and 20 on linden the B20 goes to the facility too many times I see back to back B15 buses wasting time instead of 2 a time one via combination the other straight through. More buses should be direct plain and simple especially at off peak and hours when the facility is closed period. When I did secret shops at the airport frequently I observed this myself every trip I used went through without doing much. I disagree get over it and leave it alone I could care less about your opinion. If you disagree don't resort to lame comments like that ur last one about Q10 was valid lets leave it at that DONE.

well I have to disagree the combination routing is roundabout and slow the bus is an airport line and shouldn't do that routing plain and simple. I am smoking nothing as unlike you I don't smoke. Again many trips pass through and pick up few folk you already know that since you use B15 again JFK and postal should remain separate or it should be every other trip bypassing that routing plain and simple. That part of B15 is overserved done. B15 still links with B13,14 and 20 on linden the B20 goes to the facility too many times I see back to back B15 buses wasting time instead of 2 a time one via combination the other straight through. More buses should be direct plain and simple especially at off peak and hours when the facility is closed period. When I did secret shops at the airport frequently I observed this myself every trip I used went through without doing much. I disagree get over it and leave it alone I could care less about your opinion. If you disagree don't resort to lame comments like that ur last one about Q10 was valid lets leave it at that DONE.

Again you don't know what you talking about. You just talking out your ass.....last time I check this is a forum where you agree or disagree with another member. If you don't like constructive criticism then get off the site. There is a damn reason why they are two different B15 routes. You don't know much ppl it picks up from the Facility. The building maybe closed but ppl still work there regardless @ time of the day it is. I'll disagree with which ever way I feel like it and the last part of my statement was truth. Don't like it.....get the hell over it. Ride a damn route before making ridiculous plans that don't make any sense!

Again you don't know what you talking about. You just talking out your ass.....last time I check this is a forum where you agree or disagree with another member. If you don't like constructive criticism then get off the site. There is a damn reason why they are two different B15 routes. You don't know much ppl it picks up from the Facility. The building maybe closed but ppl still work there regardless @ time of the day it is. I'll disagree with which ever way I feel like it and the last part of my statement was truth. Don't like it.....get the hell over it. Ride a damn route before making ridiculous plans that don't make any sense!

good then disagree it doesn't matter truth is truth I never said it wasn't but more directs should run plain and simple every other. I don't mind night though.

Nuff said don't have a problem with the truth this is not out my ass its from experience and nothing more

/it should still take a more direct routing while still serving the areas around the facility but it shouldn't pull into it while it's closed a simple reroute to stanley via crescent will do the trick

Like he said, even though the building may seem closed, there's still people flowing in and out of that place, even late nights. And you're saying it like buses to/from the airport serve the postal facility at all times. During rush hours, its 2 seperate buses with their own respective terminals. Its only off peak and late nights where it goes to both terminals.

Besides, where would you reroute the B15? That area doesn't give you many options to turn around at espically since Pink Houses turned most of the streets into superblocks so it would be a major backtrack

Like he said, even though the building may seem closed, there's still people flowing in and out of that place, even late nights. And you're saying it like buses to/from the airport serve the postal facility at all times. During rush hours, its 2 seperate buses with their own respective terminals. Its only off peak and late nights where it goes to both terminals.

Besides, where would you reroute the B15? That area doesn't give you many options to turn around at espically since Pink Houses turned most of the streets into superblocks so it would be a major backtrack

actually stanley street and eldert la are possible candidates. I am just saying at off peak it should be every other B15 doing combo routing rather than all. True ppl come in and out but not enough to warrant all off peak trips there I know I watched the flow of ppl very closely during those times it's overserved.

Not denying the facts of rush hr but having every other off peak trip bypass the facility will reduce mileage and costs too. as checkmate would put it

The B15 route the way it is now is fine. There is no reason to reroute a bus to serve around the Pink House when they got the B13/14/20....it makes no sense whats so ever. Crescent Street is a narrow one way street.....Stanley Avenue is no better b/c I used to live on Stanley Avenue. People like to double park on Stanley Avenue and it blocks traffic long that street!

The B15 route the way it is now is fine. There is no reason to reroute a bus to serve around the Pink House when they got the B13/14/20....it makes no sense whats so ever. Crescent Street is a narrow one way street.....Stanley Avenue is no better b/c I used to live on Stanley Avenue. People like to double park on Stanley Avenue and it blocks traffic long that street!

interesting the method was to bypass linden lights and make the pathway straightened. Interesting points well if B15 combo stays then it should be reduced a bit.

What's this about now, the B15 combo runs...

It's not as slow as QJT's makin it out to be, but I do feel there shouldn't be as many of them as they're seemingly are now...... Yes it's an airport route, but intraborough B15 service is just as important - the MTA seems to have forgotten this....

....and rerouting the B15 out in ENY? for what... there's absolutely ZERO need to.

The B15 is as direct w/i ENY as you're gonna get.... I mean, look at how the B13 & Q8 routes meander out there for cryin out loud.... I already laid out the problems w/ the B20 in other threads & how that route is rather shunned (compared to the 15)...

What's this about now... the B15 combo runs...

It's not as slow as QJT's makin it out to be, but I do feel there shouldn't be as many of them as they're seemingly are now...... Yes it's an airport route, but intraborough B15 service is just as important - the MTA seems to have forgotten this....

and WPR & Fresh Pond is right; there is absolutely zero need to reroute the B15 out in ENY....

I know how the route is and I don't ride as I used to. Yes they bunch a lot. Its more Spring Creek B15's than JFK B15's. For the life of me I don't understand why the JFK B15's are packed and the Spring Creek B15's are damn near empty. And if the JFK B15 is late forget about it. They make same runs and go different directions after Linden Blvd and Elderts Lane. Not saying it needs to be a Limited

I know how the route is and I don't ride as I used to. Yes they bunch a lot. Its more Spring Creek B15's than JFK B15's. For the life of me I don't understand why the JFK B15's are packed and the Spring Creek B15's are damn near empty. And if the JFK B15 is late forget about it. They make same runs and go different directions after Linden Blvd and Elderts Lane. Not saying it needs to be a Limited

You just answered your own question...

The MTA's remedy to that problem - more of the combined runs.

Archived