Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mfs NJT459

New and Improved Rail Map

Its not bad.. Even tho the other one was a bit more scaled then this one..

This one looks more like SEPTAs rail map or WMATAs!

However, i wonder if they ever plan on releasing maps to public?!

Edited by mark1447

It looks so much like the WMATA map because of the thick lines and circles. It is weird, though, using a subway map as inspiration for a commuter rail map. It makes the distances between stations smaller and equal.

i think it will be updated when the ALP-45 DPs are in service (transfer trains to reach NY from Diesel to Electric) and when Pennsauken Transfer Station opens

This what happens when u let the SEPTA map mate with a D.C. Metro Map. There baby is this ugly thing and frankly, this is dumbdown for NJT.

This what happens when u let the SEPTA map mate with a D.C. Metro Map. There baby is this ugly thing and frankly, this is dumbdown for NJT.

The SEPTA rail map is fail I prefer the full system map that shows the rail lines to scale AND bus routes and streets in detail of the philly area.

The SEPTA rail map is fail I prefer the full system map that shows the rail lines to scale AND bus routes and streets in detail of the philly area.

I designed my own Regional Rail map that Geographically Correct. I want to show the design to SEPTA.

I designed my own Regional Rail map that Geographically Correct. I want to show the design to SEPTA.

Can you post it? I've tried to picture the SEPTA RRD system on a geographically-accurate map in my mind and I can't see it clearly, mainly because the system is comprised of really short lines (CHE, CHW, CYN, ELW, AIR, NOR, WAR) and really long ones (WTR, THO, NRK, TRE, DOY) with barely anything in between.

I think schematic maps for commuter rail is the dumbest thing ever. You need to know where the RR stations are in relation to other things like highways or towns, not simply where other stations are. NJT is not a subway.

Though, personally, I think schematic designs aren't useful underground either because, contrary to Mr. Beck's belief, what's going on above ground is very relevant to the traveler, especially in a city like New York where there are multiple possibilities for travel.

This is by far the most stupid s**t map i can think of using for commuter rail service ESPECIALLY the lack of geographic accuracy. :tdown:

Bring back the old one, please????? :mad:

- (A)