MCI D4500CTs to Castleton Depot

Via Garibaldi 8

So it looks like now with Yukon getting some of the Prevosts that Castleton is getting some of the MCI D4500CTs that Yukon had. I rode 2228 this morning on the X14. They're 3 years old or so but it's better than what Castleton has now, especially considering that they currently have the oldest MCIs in the entire fleet. My question is how many new Prevosts will Yukon get and will Castleton be getting any? This was discussed before, but things seem to be ever changing. I'm also curious as to whether or not Meredith or Charleston will be getting anything newer than what they have now in terms of either MCIs or Prevosts since they also are in need of newer express buses.

The 50 Prevosts (if it's still that) are being split between Yukon and Charleston.

Yukon is giving their CTs to Castleton.

Ulmer Park is giving their CLs to Meredith.

The DL3s will be making their way out to retirement.

And Ulmer Park is getting 40 of the Prevosts no?

Wondering about Queens Village also? No new express buses for them huh...?:confused:

Wondering about Queens Village also? No new express buses for them huh...?:confused:

Queens Village should not get any new buses, their routes are rush hours only, as long as that's the case, they should get hand me down Express buses.

Queens Village should not get any new buses, their routes are rush hours only, as long as that's the case, they should get hand me down Express buses.

QV doesn't have a fair amount of their oldest EXP buses to replace anyway. They only have like 12 MCI DLW3SS & they have another year before they go. It'd made more sense for them to get hand me downs.

Queens Village does not need new express buses. Like someone else said, their buses only see rush hour service meaning their buses don't take much of a beating like Staten Island's and Ulmer Park's do. I've already said they should get standard suburban buses instead but that's for another discussion.

Yukons CT buses interior look beat up sometimes. I've ridden the X1 a few times using that type of bus. I rode the BM3/BM4 using the same exact bus and they're in better condition. Just speaking from experience.

It's great to see Castleton get some CTs for a change, their Express bus fleet needs some upgrading.

Just like alot of people are saying Queens Village has some good express buses. Besides they have most of UP's 29xx buses, and some higher 28xx buses also from UP.

The only thing I can see from Queens Village is that they MIGHT get in on the next NYCT express bus order BUT I think the next order may be exclusive to Staten Island Division and possibly ULMER PARK once again. It will be LONG before QV receives buses. YUKON, CASTELTON and ULMER PARK have the most mileage when it comes to their express buses lines.

Just like alot of people are saying Queens Village has some good express buses. Besides they have most of UP's 29xx buses, and some higher 28xx buses also from UP.

The only thing I can see from Queens Village is that they MIGHT get in on the next NYCT express bus order BUT I think the next order may be exclusive to Staten Island Division and possibly ULMER PARK once again. It will be LONG before QV receives buses. YUKON, CASTELTON and ULMER PARK have the most mileage when it comes to their express buses lines.

Staten island gets 50 prevosts , the mci cls 4315-29 will go to meredith and kicking out the 18's 19's & some 2xxx's from ulmer park . They will get 40 prevosts which will complete the order of 90 .

QV doesn't have a fair amount of their oldest EXP buses to replace anyway. They only have like 12 MCI DLW3SS & they have another year before they go. It'd made more sense for them to get hand me downs.

Damn QV has nothing but new buses, let the other depots live.

Queens Village does not need new express buses. Like someone else said, their buses only see rush hour service meaning their buses don't take much of a beating like Staten Island's and Ulmer Park's do. I've already said they should get standard suburban buses instead but that's for another discussion.

I think they'll be due new buses soon, even though they are only used during the rush. They still travel to far out places in Queens so they do take some miles on.

Yukon beat those buses to high hell, its unbelievable. The 18-1900s run better than a majority of those 2200s.

Yukon's express runs have higher demand than the other depots. Not to mention Hylan Boulevard is real shitty in terms of the condition of the road.

To this day I still haven't rode a CT.

Yukons CT buses interior look beat up sometimes. I've ridden the X1 a few times using that type of bus. I rode the BM3/BM4 using the same exact bus and they're in better condition. Just speaking from experience.

It's great to see Castleton get some CTs for a change, their Express bus fleet needs some upgrading.

Yeah, but Yukon has very high demand routes and the X1 is the most heavily used line out of all of the express bus lines. The BM3 and BM4 are used but nowhere near the way the X1 is, plus they have fewer runs which allows them more time to maintain their buses. BM3 and BM4 also don't have to travel as far as say the X1, so it's not really a good comparison.

Yeah, everybody should some new express buses. It's only fair. :tup:

I think they'll be due new buses soon, even though they are only used during the rush. They still travel to far out places in Queens so they do take some miles on.

Yeah, but Yukon has very high demand routes and the X1 is the most heavily used line out of all of the express bus lines. The BM3 and BM4 are used but nowhere near the way the X1 is, plus they have fewer runs which allows them more time to maintain their buses. BM3 and BM4 also don't have to travel as far as say the X1, so it's not really a good comparison.

Yeah, everybody should some new express buses. It's only fair. :tup:

Like someone said QV only needs new buses in the distant future their routes are nowhere near as crowded as the SI runs or even the bronx and BM routes

Archived