NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

I wouldnt mind that. This was brought up last year when the Lakers played Dallas in r2 and the Thunder played Memphis, which didnt seem good for the league.

I actually think Sloan would be better fit. His flex offense(back screens & screen and rolls) would suit Chandler & Amare. But Amare needs to come off the bench. Theres no space for hin to be effect with melo on at the sametime.

Actually 553 I thought Stern and the players union agreed to this change in playoff format when lockout ended. I know Stern in interviews after the Spurs was upset last year by Memphis, said he would seriously look to change seeding after each round.

With so much parity in the NBA now, #1 and #2 seeds are no longer 'locks' to win 1st round series anymore. That why it should be changed.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with Woodson is that he's a ISO guy. He runs too many iso plays.

...which plays right into the hands of Carmelo..... which does nothin if they wanna go far in the playoffs....

knicks don't care about winning, they care about ticket sales & filling up seats.... I expect nothin to be different next year... same old shit w/ this franchise....

I thought that Shumpert was gonna be that starting PG/SG that the Knicks so desperately needed after they waved Billups. When he got injured, I knew the Knicks were toast, not that I didn't think they would lose even if they never drafted him.

About the iso plays, agreed. You need to run dynamic plays, with cuts, picks, all the jazz.

...which plays right into the hands of Carmelo..... which does nothin if they wanna go far in the playoffs....

knicks don't care about winning, they care about ticket sales & filling up seats.... I expect nothin to be different next year... same old shit w/ this franchise....

Not to mention next season marking 40 years (1973)since the Knicks was last NBA world champions. It's now approaching the Rangers drought before they finally won it in 1994.

As long as Dolan is running the Knicks (along privately with his partner in crime Isiah lol)they will never win crap. No good GM will want to work with a hand on owner like Dolan. At least with the Rangers, Dolan lets Glen Sather and his hockey people run the club.

The Celtics take tie 3-2, looking for a series closer on Saturday.

nah, series is over, chief..... tonight's win made it 4-2 celtics....

lmao @ stephen a smith's prediction of what rondo would do tonight.... talkin bout they (celtics) would win by 20-25 pts.....

nah, series is over, chief..... tonight's win made it 4-2 celtics....

lmao @ stephen a smith's prediction of what rondo would do tonight.... talkin bout they (celtics) would win by 20-25 pts.....

That was my bad chief, I was on NBA website, and they didn't update their ish before I posted.

And another rant at the tv schedule for the nba playoffs. What in hell is game #7 of Lakers/Nuggets have a 1030pm eastern (730pm in LA)time tip off? I would understand if there other games on. This is not a regular season game where a late start here in East is ok for a west coast game. The Lakers have a national/international following and even though it's Saturday Night at very least start the game at 9pm ET. reactions?

And another rant at the tv schedule for the nba playoffs. What in hell is game #7 of Lakers/Nuggets have a 1030pm eastern (730pm in LA)time tip off? I would understand if there other games on. This is not a regular season game where a late start here in East is ok for a west coast game. The Lakers have a national/international following and even though it's Saturday Night at very least start the game at 9pm ET. reactions?

I think it's right, talking in a West Coast standpoint. It would be big business for the bars out west.

Congrats to the Clippers. For 1st time since 2006 and only 3rd time in team history(the team started as the Buffalo Braves in the early 1970's then played a few years in San Diego before moving to LA in 1985)they advance to the NBA West semifinals. Clippers surprise Memphis and will play the #1 West Seed the ancient Spurs.

Kiddies dont try this home as i make my NBA 2nd round post season picks.

NBA East Semifinals

Sixers vs Celtics. Celtics in 6 games.

Pacers vs Heat. Heat in 5 games. The Bosh possible injury might be a huge issue come the NBA Finals but not in rest of NBA East playoffs.

NBA West Semifinals

Clippers vs Spurs. Spurs in 6 games. This is probably the last serious chance for Tim Duncan and this crew who have been (other than the Lakers)best team in league over last 12 years for another ring.

Let see what happens but i think Spurs may make the NBA Finals.

Lakers vs Thunder. Thunder in 7 games. By far the best matchup in this year's 2nd round and will be the showcase series. Thunder are younger, have better bench and looking to win 1st title in Oklahoma. Kobe is hot right now and may give OKC a scare. However LA has a thin bench and when your 2nd star player is the player formely known as Ron Artest(aka World Peace)you not in great shape.

Sixers/Celtics [in 7]....don't think this series is goin be a cakewalk like a lot of ppl. are predicting.... sixers got the youth, which could give the celtics trouble... experience is what'll most likely get them (celtics) to the conf. finals....

Heat/Pacers [in 5].... not sure what to make of this one; this I see this as being a short series for some reason.... only question is, for which team... I'd go for it w/ the Heat.....

Spurs/Clippers [in 6]... I wanna say 5, but I think the clippers might be able to steal 2 games somewhere down the line...

Lakers/Thunder [in 5]... unless Bynum steps it up for the entire series (on both ends of the court), this'll easily be another short series... Kobe's & Gasol's points aren't gonna be enough to match the offensive output of OKC.... saying this another way, the lakers don't have the depth....

edit:

dam subway bullets

I used to be a Laker fan...That is until they dropped Lamar Odom, who is my favorite player.

I honestly think the Lakers have no change against OKC too. Westbrook and Durant are just pure offence, and Serge iBlocka just goes to work. Plus with Harden off the bench...You never know who it is going to be for the Lakers if it isn't Kobe...Odom and Brown used to get it done, but away they went.

As much as im a big laker fan i dont see them winning a game in this series. Okc plays too fast. And kobe isnt the same kobe of old.

hell, I didn't see the knicks winning a game against the heat either.... if they managed to shit out a game in that series, the lakers can maybe steal one somewhere in this series.....

I used to be a Laker fan...That is until they dropped Lamar Odom, who is my favorite player.

I honestly think the Lakers have no change against OKC too. Westbrook and Durant are just pure offence, and Serge iBlocka just goes to work. Plus with Harden off the bench...You never know who it is going to be for the Lakers if it isn't Kobe...Odom and Brown used to get it done, but away they went.

lol @ "IBlocka".....

Oh, I don't think the Lakers will win this series either....

Out of anyone's predictions I've read or heard, not one of em have the Lakers beating OKC....

Archived