NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a shock to no one the Orlando Magic today fired Coach Stan Van Gundy and also their GM. So with Mr. Van Gundy now a free agent could this in any way affect Mr. Woodson of getting the full time coaching job in NYC?

WHOA WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN!!!

I bet they only did this so they could keep Dwight Howard. If Dwight went to NJ, or Brooklyn if you may, they would be nasty. Old Stan got the Magic to the NBA finals. And I doubt it affects Woodson's decision to stay in NY, he made the team great towards the end of the season. About van Gundy getting the job, I do not see it. Just not going to happen.

WHOA WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN!!!

I bet they only did this so they could keep Dwight Howard. If Dwight went to NJ, or Brooklyn if you may, they would be nasty. Old Stan got the Magic to the NBA finals. And I doubt it affects Woodson's decision to stay in NY, he made the team great towards the end of the season. About van Gundy getting the job, I do not see it. Just not going to happen.

Sometime this afternoon (5/21/12)but not sure of time. Dont worry 97 kid, Van Gundy will get another NBA coaching job offer in near future. Not everyday a coach taking a team to the NBA championship finals becomes available.

Sometime this afternoon (5/21/12)but not sure of time. Dont worry 97 kid, Van Gundy will get another NBA coaching job offer in near future. Not everyday a coach taking a team to the NBA championship finals becomes available.

Thats chief to you grandpa.

And alright, I guess I have to agree. 2012-2013? No. Later on yes. You got the wrong team. I dont give a damn whether van Gundy gets hired or not, all I care is that the 76ers beat the Celtics at the moment. But speaking of that, van Gundy would be a good assistant coach.

Thats chief to you grandpa.

And alright, I guess I have to agree. 2012-2013? No. Later on yes. You got the wrong team. I dont give a damn whether van Gundy gets hired or not, all I care is that the 76ers beat the Celtics at the moment. But speaking of that, van Gundy would be a good assistant coach.

Wrong kid(i am old enough to be your daddy so i can call you 'kid' as i do to many age under 18 posters on the boards.) Van Gundy will be offered a job and you may not be a fan of his but i be following the NBA since 1982. That longer than you been alive.

Wrong kid(i am old enough to be your daddy so i can call you 'kid' as i do to many age under 18 posters on the boards.) Van Gundy will be offered a job and you may not be a fan of his but i be following the NBA since 1982. That longer than you been alive.

Well then I don't think I got the message through then grandma. Final time, thats CHIEF to your ass. Watch out guys, we got a 39 year old who we are dealing with here. Hah you got me. I guess you probably lived through the signing of the declaration too. Watch out guys we got a badass over here.

Oh,-please-tell-me-more-about-this-history.jpg

Well grandma tell me more about the NBA. Tell me how you felt when we drafted AI, or when Kobe got traded for Divac. Tell me more grandma, tell me what happened in your days.

Hey man he started all this. Thats 2 mistakes I've counted this week.

and for the record i call many of the teen members 'kid" before you joined the boards. So you not an adult at 15 years of age. Relax. It was not dissing you and no mistake. Man some of these teens these days think they grown.

And trainguy97 you used the "N" word on the boards so you made mistakes too.

Let it go ok. The issue is over.

Well then I don't think I got the message through then grandma. Final time, thats CHIEF to your ass. Watch out guys, we got a 39 year old who we are dealing with here. Hah you got me. I guess you probably lived through the signing of the declaration too. Watch out guys we got a badass over here.

Oh,-please-tell-me-more-about-this-history.jpg

Well grandma tell me more about the NBA. Tell me how you felt when we drafted AI, or when Kobe got traded for Divac. Tell me more grandma, tell me what happened in your days.

Only 14 years old and you are mouthing off like you 23? You better watch your tone around here.

Again, he started it. It didn't have to go there.

I guess I got some anger management issues. But he better watch what he says also. I don't want no one callin me boy. I could care less but if he keeps talkin ish thts what he is gonna get back. And damn well her better be prepared for it.

OKC-Spurs Western Conference Finals. The Thunder dispatch the Lakers and move on. I've really enjoyed watching the Thunder in the playoffs this year and I'm certainly glad they kicked the Lakers to the curb,106-90. The so-called " Black Mamba" got his points while the rest of his teamates got the chance to watch him jack up shots as usual. Now the Thunder get to face the Spurs who appear to be the best TEAM left in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong now, I love the Spurs team and organization, but I think the Spurs or the Thunder are the best teams remaining in these playoffs and I think your champion comes from this series. OKC has the physical talent over all the teams left while the Spurs have the experience. Nobody in the East can match that ON PAPER but I've been around for a long time and seen stranger things happen. Carry on.

OKC-Spurs Western Conference Finals. The Thunder dispatch the Lakers and move on. I've really enjoyed watching the Thunder in the playoffs this year and I'm certainly glad they kicked the Lakers to the curb,106-90. The so-called " Black Mamba" got his points while the rest of his teamates got the chance to watch him jack up shots as usual. Now the Thunder get to face the Spurs who appear to be the best TEAM left in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong now, I love the Spurs team and organization, but I think the Spurs or the Thunder are the best teams remaining in these playoffs and I think your champion comes from this series. OKC has the physical talent over all the teams left while the Spurs have the experience. Nobody in the East can match that ON PAPER but I've been around for a long time and seen stranger things happen. Carry on.

I suggest editing to get rid of the double post. just looking out

Only 14 years old and you are mouthing off like you 23? You better watch your tone around here.

I highly agree.

Again, he started it. It didn't have to go there.

I guess I got some anger management issues. But he better watch what he says also. I don't want no one callin me boy. I could care less but if he keeps talkin ish thts what he is gonna get back. And damn well her better be prepared for it.

Doesn't matter who started, don't mouth off like that. I've seen SB say "kid" before to younger members. You aren't the first and certainly not the last person he says that too. It's understandable that you don't like being called a "kid" but there was no reason to mouth off like you did to SB or anyone else here. I enjoy the NYC transit forums because it's pretty respectful here. I hope it stays respectful.

----

On-topic: Don't watch basketball too much but the NBA Playoffs are really crazy right now. Lots of surprising stuff...

As one of the youngest members of the forums, I'd just like to say to the adults, member or mod, that we are human and to treat us with respect as we would treat you with respect.

Carry on.

I don't think SL uses 'kid' to put anyone down. I mean as a 13/14 yr old to us 20+-30+ yr old members you are 'kids' to us. I wouldn't take it so personally. But if you don't like being called a kid, then just say so in a respective manner, no need to get into an angry tirade about it.

As for Stan Van Gundy, I would like to see him coaching the Knicks. I dunno if it'll happen, but I'd take him over trying to get Jackson to come out of retirement.

Just like you guys say that I should let it go of him calling me "kid", he has every right to suffer the consequences of what is gonna come back. I got my freedom of speech to say whatever I want to him just like the way he has his freedom of speech to call me kid. Continue calling me that. I could care less, but you ought to prepare for what is coming back. I will definitely lessen the tone in the speech, but he is gonna get something from me I guarantee it.

For the OKC vs Spurs series, I have to say OKC in 7. It is going to be a thrilling series, but Westbrook and Durant are going to pull it off in my mind.

I don't think SL uses 'kid' to put anyone down. I mean as a 13/14 yr old to us 20+-30+ yr old members you are 'kids' to us. I wouldn't take it so personally. But if you don't like being called a kid, then just say so in a respective manner, no need to get into an angry tirade about it.

It's not that he says kid, I know I'm a kid, I'm not upset by that, it's just that it sometimes comes off in a condescending tone.

But, trainguy, asking to be called chief is a bit much, and you could have been a bit less rude.

Well dunno about with the both of you, but if it's that bad then tell him to stop using the word politely, no need for the anger.

@TG: Then imo, you should settle the matter via PM. Most of us have tolerated it for a while and have been here for much longer. Continuing to make the feud public won't help your case. And it's the internet, why take things so damn seriously? Relax a little.

Just like you guys say that I should let it go of him calling me "kid", he has every right to suffer the consequences of what is gonna come back. I got my freedom of speech to say whatever I want to him just like the way he has his freedom of speech to call me kid. Continue calling me that. I could care less, but you ought to prepare for what is coming back. I will definitely lessen the tone in the speech, but he is gonna get something from me I guarantee it.

Whoa man, chill for a minute and think! You're dealing with moderators & admins here, they can get you banned!

I do have to admit that saying chief was a bit too much. I could care less if I get locked out, that is just the way it goes. The Administrators are in charge, or we can go down to the workers, the Moderators in this case, and I am pretty much defenseless against them. I ain't scared of ish, let them do what they gotta do, as long as it makes some sense. Locking up unnecessary threads is a big part of their job, and they gotta be as careful as they can to lock the right ones up from preventing the foam. All you gotta do is hope they play fair. With power, comes responsibility.

But I damn right have freedom of speech. I admit I may have been too angry with him but I can say whatever I want as long as I am ready to take the heat, and this works the same way from his perspective too. If he wants to start something, damn right he better take the heat, I could care less if he was an Administrator. If the president started to beat you up would you not hit him because he is the president? Or would you defend yourself?

That is done now. Lets just drop it. Back to NBA.

For the OKC vs Spurs series, I have to say OKC in 7. It is going to be a thrilling series, but Westbrook and Durant are going to pull it off in my mind.

Let me teach you a lil something....First and foremost, you may have your "freedom of speech" but this is a forum where rules are to be followed. Granted, he was out of line and chose the wrong words to respond back to you (which he has been known for doing...), but you were even more wrong by calling him "grandma" and then asking to be called chief. Unless you are the president or something, do not make such a goofball request.

Now I hope you both can be mature about this and take this to a PM. But anymore of this shit and you'll end up being chucked right out of the door. I'm gonna say this again, you better watch what you say around here (this also goes to SL Bus)

- bold prediction..... Thunder in 5....

May not be too far-fetched either.... I think OKC will bounce the spurs out of the playoffs almost as fast as they've been bouncing everyone else out.....

- Still think that celtics/sixers series is goin 7....

- I don't know what to make of that heat/pacers series anymore... just when you think the pacers got in the heat's head enough to possibly knock them out of the playoffs, you get a bounce-back performance out of lebron & wade..... the league may very well drag this out to a game 7 for ratings purposes.....

^^ Subliminal, intended.

Archived