NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

If the 76ers can pull of a 23 point comeback, I will be someone's slave for a day. I just don't know how the Celtics are still in this. We are a much younger, and faster team. DRIVE AND KICK. But I have to consider that Ray Allen can put it down, and that since he is coming off the bench now with Pietrus, we do not have the advantage with Young and Williams.

Also, the Celtics have a lot more expreience than we do, which could be contributing to us being down by so much. I just hope that we can find a way to pull off the series.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers blow a 7pt lead in the last 2mins. Yeah this series is over and i think mike brown is shown the door at seasons end. The last play was pure crap.

553 you might be right. With that said though being fair, Mr. Brown is coaching a now declining and aging former NBA championship team, so getting them to the 2nd round is not a horrible job imo. Brown is not Phil Jackson(who is lol?)or good as say doug collins or Doc Rivers but he did led the Cavs to the NBA Finals 1x and lost to a Spurs juggernut. Thus Mike Brown is not this horrible coach some in the media make him out to be.

Agreed. Mike Brown is not a horrible coach. Like Woodson, I believe he needs more time to get to know the franchise better. It was a short season, and let us hope that if the Lakers lose, assuming they will, that he uses that time not as a vacation from work, but taking a deeper look into his team, finding weaknesses and strengths, and making REASONABLE trades and draft picks to turn them around.

The problem w/ the Lakers is not Mike Brown.... it's their personnel....

Facts are gonna have to be faced - This is not the Shaq-Fisher-Kobe teams of the early 2000's....

Thank You Bro. Something the clown commetators at espn i.e hello stephen a smith and skip bayless, are not addressing. Maybe the most honest analyst at ESPN about the Lakers problems vs OKC has been New Dodgers Co-Owner Magic Johnson.

This NBA update is presented by KIA the offical cars of the NBA lol. Well tonight (5/17/12) in a suprise the Indy Pacers suprise the hoops world by beating the Heat 94-75 and taking 2 games to 1 lead. At worst the Pacers will now extend this series to a max 7 games. And Lebron is already feeling the heat on social media again. If the Heat dont win a title this post season, I call it first dont be surprised Miami and team President/GM Pat Riley, trades away Dwayne Wade.

Meanwhile the Spurs late in 4th period(as of this writing)are easily beating the Clippers and about to take a 2 games to none lead. So by early next week both of LA basketball teams could be out of the playoffs.

Lol 4 days ago the sports world had the Heat a shoe in to win the finals. 4 days later trade talks about Wade heat up. Honestly they have to trade Wade if the Heat wana go for it all. Him and James games are to similar. And not to mention Wade lashsed out last night. Its clear Wade knows he needs to go.

Dont be surprised if Wade is on a new team next season...

Lol 4 days ago the sports world had the Heat a shoe in to win the finals. 4 days later trade talks about Wade heat up. Honestly they have to trade Wade if the Heat wana go for it all. Him and James games are to similar. And not to mention Wade lashsed out last night. Its clear Wade knows he needs to go.

Dont be surprised if Wade is on a new team next season...

Not to mention buddy (553)Vegas oddsmakers this morning (5/18) have now made the Spurs the favorites to win this year NBA title.

lol @ Wade scoring 5 points last night...

lol @ stephen A smith flat out sayin the heat got PUNKED !!

lol @ Erik Shylestra (Spolestra.... the man looks like a goddamn shyster to me... like he can't be trusted) standing up to D. Wade after that tantrum he threw.....

553, Pat Riley said that he's not above breaking up the big 3..... Everyone talkin about gettin rid of queen james, but I wouldn't be surprised either if Wade was the first to go.... and it's not b/c of what b/c of what happened last night either.....

Surprised no one posted it but Lakers won Friday night at Staples Center over the Thunder 99-96. This will still imo be at least a 6-game series. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/05/lakers-win-it-at-the-line-76ers-rally-past-stunned-celtics/1

While this year 'cinderlla" in the 2012 NBA post season, the sixers beat the C's and tied their series at 2 games apiece.

I just watched the Spurs,down 22 after 1 quarter, take the Clippers to school and win by 10. 99-86 was the final score with Parker and Duncan dominating when the Spurs needed them most. Blake got his but the rest of the Clippers were basically M.I.A.. Someone should teach the Clips that Sportscenter highlights look good in the regular season but it's playoff time now and TP and "the Big Fundamental" know what it takes to win. BTW what kind of professional player can't shoot free throws when it's money time? The Clipper TEAM can't shoot free throws for the most part. I can remember neighborhood cats back in the day who shot free throws better than the Clips do, even after drinking some T-Bird and/or a quart of Colt 45. It's a shame when a " pro" can do a reverse dunk but can't do something so basic. Carry on.

B35 Pat Riley knows deep down that one of those bafoons need to go lol

Oh, of course.

I heard the Lakers go about 20 FTs with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. I didn't even think it was possible.

Watched the game until halftime.

Surprised no one posted it but Lakers won Friday night at Staples Center over the Thunder 99-96. This will still imo be at least a 6-game series. http://content.usato...unned-celtics/1

While this year 'cinderlla" in the 2012 NBA post season, the sixers beat the C's and tied their series at 2 games apiece.

figured they'd steal a game in this series....

....and lmao @ 20 ft's in 2 minutes !!

Clippers asses is cooked now.

They was up 40-16 @ one point. But one thing with the spurs they dont boil under pressure and they keep running there sets.

I see they did a hack a jordan&evans lol

I was on the LIRR listening to my mp3 player (it has an FM radio on it).... t'was tryna find out the score of the rangers game....

anyway, I heard the clippers had a 27 pt. lead (think dude said) at one point, and the spurs came back & won..... I was literally laughing out loud on the train..... But yeh, stick a fork in them... I thought they'd put up a better fight against the spurs, since they forced a game 7 out of memphis.....

These NBA playoffs have been crazy! Im really shocked about how the 76ers are tied with the Celtics, and Indiana has been doing good against the Heat too. Mad ppl go crazy over the Heat, and then they lose lmfaooo. For the West, i would love to see OKC in the finals, but I'm thinking that it will be the Spurs. For the East, they have been all over the place, a West team will do better in the finals, i would say the Celtics or Pacers tho.

I just watched the Spurs,down 22 after 1 quarter, take the Clippers to school and win by 10. 99-86 was the final score with Parker and Duncan dominating when the Spurs needed them most. Blake got his but the rest of the Clippers were basically M.I.A.. Someone should teach the Clips that Sportscenter highlights look good in the regular season but it's playoff time now and TP and "the Big Fundamental" know what it takes to win. BTW what kind of professional player can't shoot free throws when it's money time? The Clipper TEAM can't shoot free throws for the most part. I can remember neighborhood cats back in the day who shot free throws better than the Clips do, even after drinking some T-Bird and/or a quart of Colt 45. It's a shame when a " pro" can do a reverse dunk but can't do something so basic. Carry on.

Sir(You deserve to be called since Trainmaster is a smart and wise experienced man)you hit it right on the hit. The Athletes of the sports world especially those 25 years of age and under may be "Stronger" and have better machines/trainning equipment than any time in history. However across the sports world FUNDMENTALS i.e the high strike outs iby hitters n MLB in last 10-15 years, etc. has gone done the tubes. Instead of being able to play at least some defense i.e Carmerlo lol, some of today's players who were kids in the Jordan era only known the slam dunk. Thus the reason for lack for say Free Throw shooting or playing defense across the NBA that trainmaster mentioned. That a reason the Spurs (other than the Lakers)have been NBA Champion several times in last 15 years and may win again here in 2012.

That discussion would take all day' and another time for a chat. Back to Saturday's games. Still surprised how the Clippers can blow such a big lead early in game and lose. Just saw this morning the highlights on Sportscenter (I was at work Saturday with another part time job).

And (MTA) fan boy is right these playoffs has been wild and unpredictable.(So too the 2012 NHL playoffs but for a chat in the hockey thread)

A change in schedule. As most of you are aware the NHL Kings are playing a Stanley Cup "Final 4" game today (5/20) at 12pm LA time(3pm ET). If the game goes into Overtime and past 5pm LA time tonight Clippers/Spurs game will be moved to Monday Night.

Another proof why the Clipper should be playing in Anaheim IMO. The Honda Center home of the Hockey Ducks (which i been to) is also a pretty sports arena.

Miami won Game 4 against Indiana. James and Wade just took over today scoring almost all of the teams points for a long stretch in the Game. When these 2 All-Stars are on their game no team can stop Miami. When they are not on their game the Heat become an average team.

On a side note there are a lot of come-from-behind victories in these playoffs and i'm talking about teams with 15+ point leads in the second half and 20+ points at some time in the game just collapsing. What is going on with the inability to hold big leads? The Lakers also lost to OKC in game 4 with a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter.

It's a shame when a " pro" can do a reverse dunk but can't do something so basic. Carry on.

lmao..... Reverse dunks sell tickets & bring fans to the games.....Fundamentals don't matter in today's NBA...

I continue to tell peers that the NBA now is nothin more than organized streetball.....

About trading Dwyane Wade, even though he is an SG/PG, I would look for a PG. Deron Williams is someone that I would take, but I do not see the Thunder trading away Westbrook. The problem for me if Wade went to the Thunder is that they would start losing games, and their assist numbers would drop. They would not have a true PG besides Fisher, and there would be a passing issue between Durant and Wade if you ask me. If the Heat got Williams, they would look like this. They could surely look for another SG in Free Agency, but this would work;

PG/SG: Deron Williams

SF/SG: Mike Miller

SF: LeBron James

PF: Udonis Haslem

PF/C: Chris Bosh

In this lineup, we have the post presence of Bosh, who has a good jumper, and an occasional 3PT shot. I do not need to go into depth on James. Deron Williams would replace Wade as a excellent passer who can drive and kick, and hit the outside shot as well. He finished very high on the top scorers list for the season, but his team could not finish it off. If the Nets continue to develop, seeing their additions late in the season, they could surely become a playoff team. I can see Sacramento becoming a playoff team also with the recent step-up of Marcus Thornton. One night, he had 36, Tyreke had 30, and Cousins had 25. The undiscovered big 3.

Anyways, another option that the Heat has is to bring Wade off of the bench. The Celtics have done it with Ray Allen, the Lakers have done it with Shannon Brown and Lamar Odom, two very capable starters, the Thunder have done it the best, with James Harden, and even my team does it with Lou Williams, in the 76ers. Wade would give the Heat some great scoring off the bench, and many bench Guards would not be able to hold him;

PG: Mario Chalmers

SF/SG: Mike Miller

SF: LeBron James

PF: Udonis Haslem

PF/C: Chris Bosh

6: Dwyane Wade

Archived