NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

Say "QUEENSBRIDGE"!

To be fair(as i did watch the game) Ron(his mom named him Ron so I call him Ron) wasnt looking when he threw that elbow, however if he didnt put force into that elbow it would have been deemed a flagrant 1 and passed off as a cheap shot. But since he put force into it, it was deemed blatant which ment an ejection and suspension to follow. Artest obviously felt Harden on him...

While i dont agree with cheap shots, today these nba players are babied to death. Hell Ive been hit harder then that in the gym playing. Todays fouls in the nba is sad. In the gym and streets those aint fouls.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

metta what the f? Seriously, there needs to be ban on changing names to some whacked out nonsense like that. As for Ronny, :sigh: not surprising. More stuff like this and he can make Dennis Rodman look like a priest.

Concourse and 553 it could be worse. There was a former All star player named WORLD B FREE :D . No joke he played during the 1970's and early 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxpu6cFF2B0

metta what the f? Seriously, there needs to be ban on changing names to some whacked out nonsense like that. As for Ronny, :sigh: not surprising. More stuff like this and he can make Dennis Rodman look like a priest.

The only time I care about Artest is when he is doing something crazy on the court. I don't find him to be that good of a player.

Artest knew that was a OKC player he elbowed.... I refuse to believe otherwise....

GTFOH.... No way he would have been that reckless in his celebration if he knew there was a Laker in the vicinity....

I don't find him (Artest) to be that good of a player.

Hell, I thought he was overrated back when he was in St. John's....

The only thong Artest is good for is his defense. Before he got ejected Durant wasnt really a factor. Him and Westbrook was combined 10 for 50 shooting or something like that. If i had to choose between those two, im taking Artest, you cant fake defense, most NBA teams lack a defensive stopper.

Say "QUEENSBRIDGE"!

To be fair(as i did watch the game) Ron(his mom named him Ron so I call him Ron) wasnt looking when he threw that elbow, however if he didnt put force into that elbow it would have been deemed a flagrant 1 and passed off as a cheap shot. But since he put force into it, it was deemed blatant which ment an ejection and suspension to follow. Artest obviously felt Harden on him...

While i dont agree with cheap shots, today these nba players are babied to death. Hell Ive been hit harder then that in the gym playing. Todays fouls in the nba is sad. In the gym and streets those aint fouls.

You still have to be accountability for your actions. And Harden did get a concussion. I did not see the Artest/Peace incident(I was turning back & forth between that game and the hockey game on NBC)but from watching replays just now on youtube Artest IMO should get a 4-5 game suspension. (2 regular season games and first 2 games of the playoffs.)

While the last Tuesday of the shortned 2011-'12 NBA regular season focusing on playoff seeding and the Nets last game in NJ, another big news that been overshadowed was how the Charlotee Bobcats made infamous league history. The North Carolina team will have the lowest winning pct. ever for a regular season(granted it was a shortended year)and can make claim for being among the worst teams in pro basketball history.

Add insult to injury their Owner Micheal Jordan was attending a Chicago Blackhawks hockey game. Mr. Jordan we all know the deal you want to own either the Bulls or Blackhawks (none of those clubs are for sell right now) so sell the damn Bobcats. :angry:

And the jury is in. Ron Artest aka World Peace has been suspened by the NBA for the last regular season game and the 1st (6) games of the Lakers post season. And 553 don't say Mr. World Peace or w/e his name is did not deserve a suspension.

That hit on Harden might have costed the Thunder a chance at a NBA title.

http://www.latimes.c...0,5940764.story

- So I'm not the only person who hated MJ.... I can proudly say I Never owned a pair of his sneakers either.

- As for the Bobcats having the lowest winning % in NBA history, to me it's absolutely meaningless.... I don't need a winning percentage to know that franchise is flat out bad..... What's worse is that they can't claim they were tanking games either - They actually tried, and were this damn atrocious.......

- As for Artest, so he'll miss the first round...

The Thunder wasnt winning a championship anyways; where you get that from? There defense is just plain bad. And there offense is: Durant, Westbrook, they have no ONE in the post, and I dare you to say Perkins is a threat, Nazi is a non factor. Serge Ibaka is a 4 so you cant count him. O and Derek Fisher will be a non factor.

As for Metta World Mishap(Ron Artest) i did not say he shouldnt be suspended. 7 games is fair w/o pay. James Harden been around long enough to know how Artest can get when excited and shouldnt have ran into his space.

The nba really needs to change the lottery. Teams are tanking games to get in on it. Lol the Bobcats aint tanking games; they just SUCK!

The Thunder wasnt winning a championship anyways; where you get that from? There defense is just plain bad. And there offense is: Durant, Westbrook, they have no ONE in the post, and I dare you to say Perkins is a threat, Nazi is a non factor. Serge Ibaka is a 4 so you cant count him. O and Derek Fisher will be a non factor.

As for Metta World Mishap(Ron Artest) i did not say he shouldnt be suspended. 7 games is fair w/o pay. James Harden been around long enough to know how Artest can get when excited and shouldnt have ran into his space.

The nba really needs to change the lottery. Teams are tanking games to get in on it. Lol the Bobcats aint tanking games; they just SUCK!

IMO the NBA should follow NHL Hockey system of the lottery. I think the team with the worst record there is *guranteed* no worse than the 3rd pick. Some on ESPN shows i.e "Around the Horn" have said that the defending NCAA college champions Ky. Wildcats could beat the bobcats right now lol.

With the Knicks playing their last home game of 2011-'12 regular season, they playing the Clippers. Why in hell, did the NBA schedule the Clippers on a cross country rival so late in the season? IMO it's not fair to them since they still battling for the #4 seed and home court in the NBA West Division 1st round.

Knicks barring the Magic losing the last 2 games will finish with #7 seed and play the Central Division winners the Chicago Bulls. Reactions?

With the Knicks playing their last home game of 2011-'12 regular season, they playing the Clippers. Why in hell, did the NBA schedule the Clippers on a cross country rival so late in the season? IMO it's not fair to them since they still battling for the #4 seed and home court in the NBA West Division 1st round.

Knicks barring the Magic losing the last 2 games will finish with #7 seed and play the Central Division winners the Chicago Bulls. Reactions?

Well I guess that this is a little late for a big game like this. During the end of the season, they should make the scheduling in a way that the teams who did not make the playoffs get to play in the end.

Philadelphia chooses to rest Iguodala, Williams, and Young in preparation for the playoffs.

We are playing Chicago. Seeing what happened last season with Miami, I think we have a chance this year. We are a better team, and with Hawes and Williams providing some insane scoring off the bench, we might just have a chance against Chicago. Rose has not been scoring well lately, his most recent numbers being 29, 2, 24, 11, and 4.

This NBA update is presented by Subway. "Eat Fresh." Well in last regular season game at MSG, Knicks beats the Clippers. However since Orlando won earlier in the evening, NY will either be the #7 or #8 seed.

Meanwhile this loss to Knicks means the Clippers might have lost the home court advantage in 1st round, vs. Memphis. The Grizzlies end the season playing the Magic.

While the Knicks go to North Carolina to play the lowly Bobcats. Regular season ends on Thursday. Again i don't understand why the NBA schedule the Clippers a cross country end of regular season (If i was a Clippers fan i would be ticked off)game vs. the Knicks?

More good news for Knicks fans. Just read in papers this morning that slim chance that Jeremy Lin could return for a possible game (6)(7) in the 1st round or more likely the 2nd round if the Knicks get that far.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jeremy-lin-light-workout-wednesday-return-lineup-ny-knicks-advance-nba-playoffs-article-1.1067332

We had a debate about this on the NBA Forums yesterday. What do you guys think?

So we were discussing whether the teams in the playoffs should have to play any more games once they secure a spot. The Wizards have gone on a 6 game winning streak because of all the teams that are resting their best players. I personally think that once a playoff spot is secured, the team should have some time to rest and practice before the playoffs begin. Add a new play in, or just rest from all of the hard work. This goes for about the time that the playoff teams start to rest their stars, because we do not want teams like the Bulls or the Spurs not playing games for half of the regular season.

Then again, it would be unfair to the other teams who do not usually make the playoffs like the Hornets, the Wizards, and so on, that those playoff teams would be cutting the season short.

I honestly think that the teams should have a chance to rest their stars. What do you guys think?

Overshadowed in Rangers advancement to the NHL 2nd round, The Knicks wrapped up the #7 seed in NBA east 1st round. They play Lebron/Wade Heat. Meanwhile the Bulls East and the surprising ancient Spurs West are the #1 seeds in their divisions. So here the 1st round matchup

NBA East

Bulls vs 76ers

Heat vs Knicks

Pacers vs Magic

Celtics vs Hawks

NBA West

Spurs vs Jazz

Thunder vs Mavs

Lakers vs Nuggets

Clippers vs Grizzlies

Predictions?

Now my predictions. Replies in red.

Overshadowed in Rangers advancement to the NHL 2nd round, The Knicks wrapped up the #7 seed in NBA east 1st round. They play Lebron/Wade Heat. Meanwhile the Bulls East and the surprising ancient Spurs West are the #1 seeds in their divisions. So here the 1st round matchup

NBA East

Bulls vs 76ers-Bulls in (5) games.

Heat vs Knicks-Heat in 6 games.

Pacers vs Magic-Pacers in 6 games. Without a doubt most boring and '2' dullest(now "superman" Howard out of the playoffs)

Plus this Indy/Orlando 'survior' will lose in the next round anyhow.

Celtics vs Hawks-Celtics in 7 games. However it could either way.

NBA West

Spurs vs Jazz-Spurs in 5 games. They are one of the hottest teams heading into this year's playoffs.

Thunder vs Mavs-Thunder in 6 games. Rematch of last year's NBA West Finals. This time IMO OKC wins it.

Lakers vs Nuggets-Lakers in 6 games.

Clippers vs Grizzlies-Grizzlies in 7 games. IMO the best and most even matchup of this years first round. LAC can win this but I am picking memphis for having a possible game #7 at home.

Predictions?

Those my picks guys. What are yours i.e 553, (B35), R68 Andrew and others lol?

My predictions

East

Bulls vs 76ers- The Sixers have fallen off since the beginning of the season, this series is no match. I say Bulls in 5 but this could be a sweep.

Knicks vs Heat- Heat in 6. At least the Knicks will win a playoff game this time around. Miami is still the better team though.

Pacers vs Magic- Pacers in 7. The Magic can make this a series if they make their 3's.

Celtics vs Hawks- Hawks in 7. Now we realize that the Celtics are getting old.

West

Spurs vs Jazz- Spurs in 5. They exercise the demons of last year's playoffs in a big way.

Mavs vs Thunder- Thunder in 5. Something is just wrong with the defending champs this season. OKC has no choice but to win this series.

Lakers vs Nuggets- Nuggets in 7. The Nuggets can shoot and that is the way to neutralize Bynum's presence inside. World Peace won't be there for the first 6 games either.

Clippers vs Grizzlies- Clippers in 6. Memphis is hot right now but this league is reliant on starpower and the Clippers have more of it.

Archived