NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Coach Tommy T is gonna eat it hard without Derrick Rose #Team76ers.

Mike Woodson should become the full time coach for the Knicks, I doubt they can find anyone better at the moment. If he was their coach at the beginning of the season, they would be doing a lot better for sure.

Controversy ahead surrounding one NY Post columnist's inappropriate editorial! And it all relates to Jay Z's influence on the now Brooklyn Nets, from the name to the logo's colors to the supposedly rapping culture itself.

http://sports.yahoo....-175530185.html

The link to Paul Mushnick's NY Post column is in there.

My response to this…who the hell is this NY Post "jokester"? There's one thing to joke about the rapping culture and another to joke about it while writing very offestive slurs and stereotyping rapping as being nothing but constantly using the N-word and having scantily clad women in music videos. What Mushnick wrote wasn't funny. It was inappropriate and had no business being in any kind of newspaper. He completely crossed the line.

Jay is probably gonna subliminally diss him on the next album lol.

I'm black and I don't even care about this, perhaps Ice Cube will make a song about this on that album hes working on, as he the GOAT when it comes rapping about socially conscious stuff.

With that being said, I don't see why Jay Z would even care? He grew up in the Projects, wasn't gonna be ish, made something out of his life, is comfortable financially, girls use to say "ew, don't touch me" before he got famous and went on and got a dime piece (Beyonce). If I was him I wouldn't care about this dude taking shots at me.

I hope Jay copies what his friend Biggie did back in 96 and don't feed into the drama and just keep it moving...

I thought it was a one time only thing? If they are allowed to use the amnesty clause once a season, then that's great!

I could be wrong but i thought myself the amnesty rule was for the first couple of years of new CBA between players union and NBA Owners/Stern. Maybe 553 or someone here can confirm?

lol @ Phil Jackson coming back to coach the Knicks..... If it aint a ready-made team, forget it....

lol @ rumors talkin bout having Odom come to the Knicks because he would be a better fit than Stoudemire is.....

lol @ the knicks having broken the record for most consecutive playoff losses in NBA playoff history.... 13? goddamn.....

lol @.... this year's NBA playoffs.... I'm not watching one second of this shit.....

Carry on.

lol @ Phil Jackson coming back to coach the Knicks..... If it aint a ready-made team, forget it....

lol @ rumors talkin bout having Odom come to the Knicks because he would be a better fit than Stoudemire is.....

lol @ the knicks having broken the record for most consecutive playoff losses in NBA playoff history.... 13? goddamn.....

lol @.... this year's NBA playoffs.... I'm not watching one second of this shit.....

Carry on.

Bro you have not missed much. With so many all stars out w/ injuries from Rose to "Superman" Howard, Amare and more, this has to be among the weakest set of playoff teams IMO in league history.

Yet David Stern says the jammed schedule had little effect on the higher #'s of injuries. And the next President of the United States is Bart Simpson. Mr. Stern just be honest that your tv partners ESPN/ABC and TNT forced you to slam down 66 games in such a short amount of time. You sold out for $$$ at the risk of having your players injuried more.

Yet David Stern says the jammed schedule had little effect on the higher #'s of injuries. And the next President of the United States is Bart Simpson. Mr. Stern just be honest that your tv partners ESPN/ABC and TNT forced you to slam down 66 games in such a short amount of time. You sold out for $$$ at the risk of having your players injuried more.

lmao....

NBA players are dropping like flies... the stars of yesteryear are gettin up there in age now..... the kids (younger players) out now that are tryin to hold down the NBA can do but so much..... It is not about the play-ability of the game anymore - it is all about money & what sells.... David Stern, keep it up.... You can't have a league if you don't have players.... You won't make money either if you get too many stars gettin all banged up......

He can attempt to sweep this problem under the rug as much as he likes.... Anyone that pays enough attention to the sport sees the elephant in the room.....

As far as how nbatv broke down the amnesty clause; it can only be used once a season. I thought Dallas should have used it on Odom, but Cuban didnt want Odom to sign to a playoff contender.

All this talk about the Bulls; The Bulls at the end of the day without Rose is still an NBA team of professionals; The 76ers aint suppose to sit around and feel sorry for them. Lol if the 76ers win the series theyd have the Pacers next, and could be looking at a possble cake walk to the conf. finals.

lol, oh well.... Thunder brought out the brooms against the Mavs.... who knew Barea & Chandler made THAT much of a difference....

As for the Heat, they'll be the next to do it.... followed by the Spurs on monday.....

3 possible sweeps in the 1st round can't be good for the league.....

lol, oh well.... Thunder brought out the brooms against the Mavs.... who knew Barea & Chandler made THAT much of a difference....

As for the Heat, they'll be the next to do it.... followed by the Spurs on monday.....

3 possible sweeps in the 1st round can't be good for the league.....

Well bro (B35)that might be true. With that said, despite the lockout, the 2011-'12 regular season and 1st few games of Round (1) in the post season have been among the best(highest rated) in tv ratings since the Micheal Jordan years in the mid 1990's. With that said, even though I am more of a NBA fan myself, I been watching the NHL Cup Playoffs this year alot more(since maybe 1994 when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup). Overall this year ('12)1st round as of today (5/6/12)has been boring (only descent series has been the Clippers/Memphis matchup)

http://aol.sportingn...d-in-postseason

As i stated once the Bulls are still an NBA team. Its there problem that they packed it in.

I guess the Knicks wont be swept.

No sorrow from me about the Bulls.... I like them better w/o Rose anyway; can't stand the guy.....

As for the Knicks.... guess hell has frozen over.....

I'm hype about the Knicks finally winning a playoff game! Highlight of my day! :D:D

Knicks played with a lot of heart today, Competitive, fun, game to watch. I only saw the game from when dude hurt his knee to the end of the game.

I love the fact Amare cares about the game showing emotion like punching things when the Knicks was loosing, I was shocked to see him playing today, dude is a warrior!

Archived