NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

My predictions

East

Bulls vs 76ers- The Sixers have fallen off since the beginning of the season, this series is no match. I say Bulls in 5 but this could be a sweep.

Knicks vs Heat- Heat in 6. At least the Knicks will win a playoff game this time around. Miami is still the better team though.

Pacers vs Magic- Pacers in 7. The Magic can make this a series if they make their 3's.

Celtics vs Hawks- Hawks in 7. Now we realize that the Celtics are getting old.

West

Spurs vs Jazz- Spurs in 5. They exercise the demons of last year's playoffs in a big way.

Mavs vs Thunder- Thunder in 5. Something is just wrong with the defending champs this season. OKC has no choice but to win this series.

Lakers vs Nuggets- Nuggets in 7. The Nuggets can shoot and that is the way to neutralize Bynum's presence inside. World Peace won't be there for the first 6 games either.

Clippers vs Grizzlies- Clippers in 6. Memphis is hot right now but this league is reliant on starpower and the Clippers have more of it.

Young man your picks are pretty good. The #3 vs. #6 and #4 and #5 matchups in both divisions are very close and could go either way. The only huge upsets in this year's NBA 1st round is say the Knicks(if they had a healthy Jermey Lin it could have happened)beat the Favorite to win it all the Miami Lebrons/Wades lol and the Spurs losing to the Jazz.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Knicks lose 100-67; all i can say is wow! Knicks lose this series in 5.

Bulls over the Sixers in 5; oh wait Rose is out, ill give the Sixers a punchers chance. Because now the ball game is even. Sixers no star n Bulls no star.

Pacers over the Magic in 6(You never know when the Magic will get hot, if they do the Pacers will roll over.)

Celtics in 7 over the Hawks

Lakers in 6 over the Nuggets

Spurs in 4 over the Jazz

Thunder over Dallas in 7; if Dirk plays well then ill give it to the Mavs in 7.

Memphis in 6 over the Clippers. Sorry Blake,Jordan highlight reels not gona get a win in the grind house in the PLAYOFFS! However, the ley person in this series is Zach Randolf.

Speaking of today 4/29/12 1st round games a bas job IMO by ABC/ESPN and the NBA. I don't understand why the Spurs/Jazz game is not on ABC instead of ESPN? It seems that the only prime time games on 'free national tv' shown on ABC are the Heat, Knicks, Bulls and Lakers.

That why i miss the 1990's on NBC as when they were the tv home of the NBA, they would show sometimes tripleheaders during the 1st round on Sundays.

Spurs take game 1. And I think the Lakers will do the same.

Trainguy so did the Lakers easily beating the Chicken McNuggets from Denver lol.

On a serious front, surprised no one mentioned this, but the Bulls and even our US Olympic hoops team in London took a huge hit with the Derick Rose injury. With that said, the path to the NBA Final for the Miami Heat in a very weak East Divison just got alot easier.

Trainguy so did the Lakers easily beating the Chicken McNuggets from Denver lol.

On a serious front, surprised no one mentioned this, but the Bulls and even our US Olympic hoops team in London took a huge hit with the Derick Rose injury. With that said, the path to the NBA Final for the Miami Heat in a very weak East Divison just got alot easier.

Oh gosh I just realized this...

I think OKC is going to win it, but LA exploded today on Denver.

About the Olympics:

PG: Bryant

SG: James

SF: Durant

PF: Anthony

C: Love

Shortline; Spurs vs Jazz is not a game ABC worth, you dont need to be a genius to know that. Yoy cant compare espn/abc to nbc....

I know the Spurs are not a sexy team in rest of America compared to the Lakers, Heat and Knicks. My point was back in the '90's a Spurs/Jazz weekend game would been shown on NBC and how the sports tv landscape including the NBA has changed in last 10-15 years. I am fully aware (except for the NFL)that other than the championship series in the '4' major sports, most of the playoff game are now on digital cable.

That the NBA which caters to a lower economic demographic now has majority of its games on Digital cable might come back to hurt it later.

The NBA back in the 90s is very different from today. Its too much money involved in todays league to show a jazz/spurs game on ABC lol. More ppl want to see the Heat/Lakers/Celtics. You have to cater those teams to show on ABC because of that large contract they have.

hell with it.... I'll just copy & paste what I said on another board.....

east:

Bulls/Sixers- 6

Celtics vs Hawks- 5

Pacers/Magic- 6

Heat/Knicks- brooms...

west coast:

Thunder/Mavs- 6

Spurs/Jazz- brooms....

Lakers/Nuggets- brooms...

Clippers/Grizzlies- 7

I seriously laughed out loud for a hot 2 minutes when I woke up & heard Stoudemire punched some glass & ended up lacerating his hand... I say good for his ass.... From the way it appears, this guy's been miserable ever since Carmelo became a knick.... Nobody I know off-line would believe me when I'd say Amare is overrated & wouldn't amount to much if he were to come to NY..... How you goin be a system player & then come to a franchise where there's no system in place....

I didn't think the knicks would win a game in this series before his idiot went & injured himself.... and I'm sayin that, in spite of how much I despise the Heat....

I bet Carmelo is smiling from ear to ear now.... I would not be surprised if he dropped 40+ in these 2 remaining games.... All this means is that he gets to do his own thang now.... Which will be all for naught b/c you don't win playoff series' that way.....

I don't get why the Knicks still keeps the 2 of them on the court at the same time. They have to realize that they aren't the big 2 the way Wade and James are. I don't ever seeing Amare and Melo ever co-existing peacefully. The only way to get the most out of them is to split them up or trade one of them and the way Amare is now, I doubt they can get much out of him now unless someone was real desperate to unload a bad contract of their own.

Knicks are stuck with Amare for atleaat 3yrs(min2) because of that 100mil contract which is guaranteed. No team wil take that contract now. Now melos contract will be easier to move. But obviously one of them has to go or one has to come off the bench.

Concourse. As part of the new salary cap rules after the lockout, there a new 'amnesty' buyout in which high priced contracts not counted against the salary cap. Maybe Amer could be used in this scenrio as no one was going to sign or trade him.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2011-12-13/nba-amnesty-provision-provides-teams-with-flexibility/51892272/1

Or the only option would be to make Amare the 6th man (Carmelo's primary back up & also occasional #3 and #4 as well)

And listening to WFAN's Francesa show, a few callers actually suggested that Phil Jackson, come of retirement to be Knicks next coach. If i am Phil way take the Knicks job? IMO if he wanted to coach for 1-2 more years and to get 1 more NBA ring i would take the OKC Thunder job. Only on WFAN lol.

Archived