NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drumroll please lol. The team that has won the 2012 NBA draft lottery is the New Orleans Hornets. The Bobcats finishing the regular season as one of the worst seasons ever miss out on John Wall.

Anthony Davis? Mr. Wall is already on the Wizards. The Bobcats need to make some moves quickly otherwise there will be a 60 loss season to come.

Anthony Davis? Mr. Wall is already on the Wizards. The Bobcats need to make some moves quickly otherwise there will be a 60 loss season to come.

woops my bad. lol. another mistype.

In game #2 Heat get a win vs. the ancient celtics and take commanding 2 games to none lead.

I heard the Heat had over 40 FTs, and LeBron and Wade had over 30 FTs combined. I am not a fan of either team, but the refs seem to be in favor of the Heat. After seeing those Technicals in Game 1, I did not know what to expect.

For tonight's game, I predict the Spurs winning again. They are so old, but they can still get it done.

Drumroll please lol. The team that has won the 2012 NBA draft lottery is the New Orleans Hornets. The Bobcats finishing the regular season as one of the worst seasons ever miss out on John Wall.

NBA would be better off contracting at least 2 teams... Bobcats and Hawks/Hornets.

What do you think about this whole accusation of the draft lottery being fixed b/c the Hornets got the #1 pick ?

If the Hornets end up picking up Anthony Davis (uni-brow) from kentucky, then the Bobcats might end up "winning" in the longrun anyway.... I think Kidd-Gilchrist (also from kentucky) would end up being the better NBA player.... Davis IMO is overrated - reminds me of a Marcus Camby/Stromile Swift type of player.... He aint goin be near as dominant w/ blocking shots in the NBA, like he was in college.....

What do you think about this whole accusation of the draft lottery being fixed b/c the Hornets got the #1 pick ?

If the Hornets end up picking up Anthony Davis (uni-brow) from kentucky, then the Bobcats might end up "winning" in the longrun anyway.... I think Kidd-Gilchrist (also from kentucky) would end up being the better NBA player.... Davis IMO is overrated - reminds me of a Marcus Camby/Stromile Swift type of player.... He aint goin be near as dominant w/ blocking shots in the NBA, like he was in college.....

ESPN again overhyping anything NBA, NFL and College Football now especially young unproven *cough cough* Andrew Luck and RGII in NFL. I am not saying Luck and Grffin wont be great players but i just don't like the hype/acclaim to '2' great college QB's who done nothing in the NFL. However that for another chat.

Well said bro (B35), on commenting on this 2012 class of NBA players. This years draft looks to have several good players who barring injuries should have good carrers. With that said, from watching a couple of games in last spring's NCAA Tournment, Davis and Gilchrist are excellent young prospects. However IMO, they are both not Lebraon/Durant/Kobe-type franchise players. ESPN is promoting both of them like crazy which puts underdue pressure on them if they dont live up to the hype.

ESPN again overhyping anything NBA, NFL and College Football now especially young unproven *cough cough* Andrew Luck and RGII in NFL. I am not saying Luck and Grffin wont be great players but i just don't like the hype/acclaim to '2' great college QB's who done nothing in the NFL. However that for another chat.

Well said bro (B35), on commenting on this 2012 class of NBA players. This years draft looks to have several good players who barring injuries should have good carrers. With that said, from watching a couple of games in last spring's NCAA Tournment, Davis and Gilchrist are excellent young prospects. However IMO, they are both not Lebraon/Durant/Kobe-type franchise players. ESPN is promoting both of them like crazy which puts underdue pressure on them if they dont live up to the hype.

Speaking of hype, with the Mets No Hitter being the lead on sportscenter this morning (6/2/12)a Heat playoff Loss hardly sent shock waves across America. :D The Ancient Celtics win game #3 of the 2012 NBA East Finals. Thus the lead for Lebron and company is now 2 games to 1.

http://www.usatoday....Heat/55337430/1

@B35, I think the lottery is fixed. I say screw the chances, any team that finishes with the absolute worst record should get the 1st pick. It's just like the Nets when they won what 10-12 games? I dunno what everyone's thinking leaving the Hornets and Bobcats around, both should be gone and spread the players around. NO, is an NFL town, I never understood why they got an NBA team in the first place. The league will save a little more money and in turn they can allow the remaining teams a higher salary cap. It's a win-win for everyone. Screw the money losing teams, let them sink.

As for the Nets, it'd be a miracle if they keep Williams, as at this point (if I were him) I'd bail for a better team. I don't see the Nets having what it takes to trade for Howard.

go Thunder! They even the series at 2.

Speaking of trades and free agency, I have been hearing some crazy ish lately. Coaches, team staff, etc voted that if they were on the Thunder, they would trade Westbrook over James Harden. Thoughts?

Durant's shot selection I question at times too.... But trading Westbrook over Harden, I wouldn't blame them.... Westbrook needs to be on a team where he is "the man" (so to speak), and that's not gonna happen w/ Durant there.... Westbrook is a chuck, and those types come a dime a dozen.... The James Harden/Jason Terry types (guards that can come off the bench and provide an offensive spark that way for a team) are far more rare....

Celtics tie up series at 2 games in OT after nearly blow big late to Heat at end of 4th period.

Didn't think the heat would run away with this series.....

Spurs look like they running outta gas lol. Thunder are just too young and quick, which is what the NBA is all about these days.

As for the draft lol i dare someone to tell me its not fixed. Its no secret that the NBA was finally able to find an owner for the Hornets, then magically get the #1 pick, but yet the Wizards who won a total of 88 games in the past few years still has to suffer. And then the Bobcats who lost there last 30 games or something to that number. To hell with the draft!

I thought the Spurs were gonna take OKC from the start when I saw them play, but I did predict OKC in 7.

The draft is completely rigged. Charlotte had the WORST NBA SEASON IN HISTORY. And they land the second overall pick. That is just messed up.

Actually correction. The 1972/73 Sixers had the worst season officially (winning only i think 8 games)in NBA history. The Bobcats had the worst winning pct. ever for a NBA season. With that said, the 2012 Bobcats are no doubt among the worst teams of all time.

And back to on the court action. Barring a huge comeback the Thunder are in control (as of this writing) in game #5. Durant has been on "Fire" last couple of games.

Actually correction. The 1972/73 Sixers had the worst season officially (winning only i think 8 games)in NBA history. The Bobcats had the worst winning pct. ever for a NBA season. With that said, the 2012 Bobcats are no doubt among the worst teams of all time.

And back to on the court action. Barring a huge comeback the Thunder are in control (as of this writing) in game #5. Durant has been on "Fire" last couple of games.

Thunder win game (5) 108-103. Unlike the Devils in their game #3 game vs LA at least the Spurs made the game very close in last couple of minutes before OKC put it away. So the Thunder are just (1) win away from their first ever NBA Finals.

I researched it and yes they did. However they were 9-73.

About the Spurs-Thunder, I am speechless. The Spurs have lost 3 straight to them. I thought since Ginobli was back that things would change. He had a great game, but it just didn't cut it.

Thunder win game (5) 108-103. Unlike the Devils in their game #3 game vs LA at least the Spurs made the game very close in last couple of minutes before OKC put it away. So the Thunder are just (1) win away from their first ever NBA Finals.

When they were the sonics, didn't they make it to the finals?

When they were the sonics, didn't they make it to the finals?

Concourse, David Stern and the league considers this Thunder team an "expansion team" even though they moved from Seattle 5 years ago.

Just like what MLB has done to make the Nationals a 'new' team and have no identifty to the old Montreal Expos.

FYI. Yes the Sonics made the Finals several times winning 1x in 1979.

Archived