NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olympics.... well, take Blake Griffin off the list....

http://espn.go.com/l...r-miss-olympics

I actually think his injury happened sometime during his last 2 playoff games. I thought he wasn't able take off in his power dunks as well as he normally did. I still think that many of those injuries we saw in the latter part of the NBA season are due to the compressed schedule the league played this year.

The Knicks just made a dumb decision by getting Raymond Felton back. I really thought they were going to match Houston's offer

Sounds like Knicks Boss J master J Dolan is listening to Melo more than his GM. Melo privately did not seem to like Lin. With that said, the Rockets overpaid for Jeremy IMO and taking a gamble on a young player who had basically 3 good months in NBA.

kurt thomas, marcus camby.... laughable man......

yeah, they may as well try to bring back that 99-2000 team that went to the eastern conference finals.....

next I'll be hearing that LJ, Sprewell, and Ewing are back on the goddamn knicks also.....

kurt thomas, marcus camby.... laughable man......

yeah, they may as well try to bring back that 99-2000 team that went to the eastern conference finals.....

next I'll be hearing that LJ, Sprewell, and Ewing are back on the goddamn knicks also.....

Lol, yeah. Though I can never understand why they let Sprewell go. He was probably one of the most popular players on the team.

Smh at Kidd's DUI and crashing his suv.

Lol, yeah. Though I can never understand why they let Sprewell go. He was probably one of the most popular players on the team.

Sprewell was a loved NY Knick..... I'd stop to say even moreso than LJ was... Outside of mgmt's stupidity, I never understood it either; far back as I remember, there was no rift b/w him & van gundy....

When he went to Minnesota, that had quite a bit of NY-ers goin WTF.....

pfft, I can't imagine near as many people caring as much if Lin were to leave NY.....

Don't know whats going on with the Knicks. David Lee, Kevin Love, Al Harrington, Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, they had quite a few decent players over the years. Has anyone been watching Summer League though? And did anyone see Anthony Davis's 4 Point play? Pretty solid for the rookie pulling in 9 points.

Sprewell was a loved NY Knick..... I'd stop to say even moreso than LJ was... Outside of mgmt's stupidity, I never understood it either; far back as I remember, there was no rift b/w him & van gundy....

When he went to Minnesota, that had quite a bit of NY-ers goin WTF.....

pfft, I can't imagine near as many people caring as much if Lin were to leave NY.....

Yeah, imo, Sprewell was a model citizen compared to his infamous Golden state days.

As for the onslaught of 'Linsanity' callers over the past few days: I respect the guy and being asian he's as close to someone to look up to since Chien-ming Wang with the Yankees. However, I am not going to lose any sleep if he should leave. He had a very good half year. I dunno if he was ever going to be great. Plus with the team being more centered around Melo, Lin had to go. If the Knicks are gearing for staying under the cap hoping for Chris Paul to be a free agent and sign him, I think many ppl will eventually go: "Lin who?"

Don't know whats going on with the Knicks. David Lee, Kevin Love, Al Harrington, Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, they had quite a few decent players over the years. Has anyone been watching Summer League though? And did anyone see Anthony Davis's 4 Point play? Pretty solid for the rookie pulling in 9 points.

Kevin Love was never with the Knicks

Yeah, imo, Sprewell was a model citizen compared to his infamous Golden state days.

As for the onslaught of 'Linsanity' callers over the past few days: I respect the guy and being asian he's as close to someone to look up to since Chien-ming Wang with the Yankees. However, I am not going to lose any sleep if he should leave. He had a very good half year. I dunno if he was ever going to be great. Plus with the team being more centered around Melo, Lin had to go. If the Knicks are gearing for staying under the cap hoping for Chris Paul to be a free agent and sign him, I think many ppl will eventually go: "Lin who?"

I like Lin alot myself and I am not Asian lol. He a breath of fresh air and great role model to NBA and sports fans alike as an undrafted young player who had a great 1/2 season in NBA. With that said, Dolan(unless he shocks the sports world by changing his mind and matches the offer) will make the right call to let him go. Melo was right on point, by stating the Rockets contract offer was way out of line. As a whole, this Lin situation is what driving more than anything else another example of owners, paying these stupid overpaid contracts. Other than marketing purposes i.e attracting tv audiences in the Asian community in the US, China and worldwide, there no reason for this. Just being honest.

.....Other than marketing purposes i.e attracting tv audiences in the Asian community in the US, China and worldwide, there no reason for this. Just being honest.

Exactly.... There would not be this big a deal about keeping Lin in NY....

It's more of a marketing decision than it is one of bettering the team in the longrun.....

because as a player, no way is he worth ~5-6 million a year....

Just heard that my favorite player Louis Williams was not re-signed by the 76ers. This is probably one of the most devastating moments in my entire NBA life. My favorite team let me down by not resigning my favorite player. I am very mad, but I sure hope that Louis is happy in Atlanta.

I like Lin alot myself and I am not Asian lol. He a breath of fresh air and great role model to NBA and sports fans alike as an undrafted young player who had a great 1/2 season in NBA. With that said, Dolan(unless he shocks the sports world by changing his mind and matches the offer) will make the right call to let him go. Melo was right on point, by stating the Rockets contract offer was way out of line. As a whole, this Lin situation is what driving more than anything else another example of owners, paying these stupid overpaid contracts. Other than marketing purposes i.e attracting tv audiences in the Asian community in the US, China and worldwide, there no reason for this. Just being honest.

The Jermey Lin era is over in NY. Mr. Lin is now a Houston Rocket.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jeremy-lin-houston-rockets-signs-point-ny-knicks-deciding-match-3-year-25m-offer-article-1.1116369

The $15 mil in the 3rd year was absurd. Not only would it have pushed the team into upwards of $50 mil in penalties for being over the cap (3.5 x every $1 over the limit), but the guy had a good half year. He's not worth even $5 mil. Houston needed him more to replace Yao Ming, and power to them. I'm happy the Knicks put the team first instead of putting them deep in the red for year 3.

I feel that if the Knicks can clear the cap to land Chris Paul in the future, ppl won't even care about Lin.

Lin better play good now that he is a Rocket. 25.1 M for an injured player, and for one like himself is quite something. 3 years.

He doesn't have to play well at all. Now that he's got his bank account in order and if he picks up some endorsements he can go about improving his game at his pace. The Rockets aren't looking for him to be a "franchise" player anyway. The fan's expectations would have been greater if he remained at MSG. I do predict he won't turn out like Eddie Curry or Jerome James did for the Knicks. To the question of was he worth all that money all I can say was he was worth it to the Rockets, obviously. If MSG wanted him they should have signed him earlier instead of telling him to test the market first and get back to them afterward.Just my opinion. Carry on.

Realistically though, I doubt even the Knicks expected anyone to offer him (an unproven talent) $15 mil for the 3rd year. That's either the Rockets being underhanded knowing the Knicks would be hit with a penalty for going over the limit or they must really want a YM (Asian) successor. I will say when it was just Lin, it was fun to watch the team again, but Melo and Lin would never work. One of them had to go.

So, I'm just going to sit back and see how this season plays out and hope by them staying within the luxury tax limit, they can make a run for Chris Paul.

Shifting gears as the Olympic Basketball Tournment begins, a question for our sports fans here? Should the NBA send it's players to the Olympics at all? David Stern has suggested that limiting it to basically rookie and younger players "under age 23?" Kobe has strongly disagee. reactions?

bryant19s-2-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics-2012/kobe-bryant-calls-nba-commissioner-david-stern-idea-turn-olympic-basketball-under-23-tournament-stupid-article-1.1116900

Archived