NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

You want drama ? How about Lin reportedly signing an offer sheet with Houston? How about Jason Kidd reportedly re-signing with the Dallas Mavericks earlier today? How about JKidd changing his mind this evening and signing with the Knicks instead? I picked up all of this info from the MSN home page in the last 6+ hours or so and I can't judge how true all of this really is but it looks like the NBA is getting as much publicity as it did for the finals.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Herd that chief. This is one of the most crazy offseasons that I have ever seen. Even since LeBron moved to the heat, there have been many talks or actions taken with star-swaps.

Brandon Roy (SG/SF) will sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Jamal Crawford (PG/SG) will sign with the LA Clippers.

Ramon Sessions (PG) is going to meat the Dallas Mavericks.

The biggest question is, where will Dwight Howard go?

What amazing is the speed all these trades/free agent signings has occured in past 4-5 days. Been following the NBA since about 1982-'83 and never remember a week like this. Maybe our Senior Sports Analyst Trainmaster does lol.

In end Mr. Howard will either go to Brooklyn IMO or spend the next upcoming season in Central Fla. with the Magic.

What amazing is the speed all these trades/free agent signings has occured in past 4-5 days. Been following the NBA since about 1982-'83 and never remember a week like this. Maybe our Senior Sports Analyst Trainmaster does lol.

In end Mr. Howard will either go to Brooklyn IMO or spend the next upcoming season in Central Fla. with the Magic.

Well he did say he wanted to be traded to one team

Lin is leaning towards the Rockets, but the Knicks will do great without him if he leaves. If he stays, I think it will change the role of Iman Shumpert (SG/PG). Shumpert played a lot of PG when Lin was not showing up, and when Lin came, he was playing SG. Jason Kidd could sure come off the bench, or the other way around, but in my mind, I think the Knicks will be fine without him.

- lol @ Ray Allen going to the Heat....

- Whether Lin stays or goes, I'm rather indifferent on... I don't think Lin makes the knicks that much better (his style of play & Carmelo's style of play clashes with each other anyway)... IMO, the Knicks contemplating keeping Lin around is more of a PR/marketing move.... We all know how Dolan is about ticket sales......

- I think the Nash trade is being a taaaaad bit overblown.... Nash is an intelligent pure PG, no doubt, but he's a defensive liability.... That, and I'm not sure if Kobe's gonna wanna play the type of 'ball Nash is used to orchestrating (that "fun & gun", up & down style of offense).... Something is gonna have to give.... I'm not instantly declaring the Lakers next year's champions like some ppl. are.....

The biggest question is, where will Dwight Howard go?

It amazes me that Dwight Howard is still considered the top free agent availaible. His "offense" consists of dunks and put-backs. His 10-15 ft game is nothing to write home about. Olajuwon and Ewing, among other recent centers, put his game to shame. Duncan, Durant, and Garnett have better inside games, too. The bigger question , at least in my mind, is the fact that he's damaged goods. A back problem is a red flag to me. The only player I can recall offhand returning from that type of injury is Larry Johnson. Larry changed his whole game from the highflying "Grandmama" to the jumpshooting, inside player of the Knicks. The difference,IMO, is that Larry had an offensive game to fall back on.to begin with. Dwight has never shown me one. Is Howard a Larry Johnson, or a Bernard King, who also came back from a serious(knee) injury? What GM or owner is willing to put up big money to take that risk? The Brooklyn Nets? Just my opinion. Carry on.

Speaking of Olympics, the team is completely falling apart. Pretty much all of our Cs left, and we barely have any PFs. Anthony Davis is playing G according to the book, but that is hell gonna have to change. The last time I saw a 6'10" G was AK47. It is almost as if the olympic team is not important to the basketball players anymore. I thought we would have the ultimate team this year, but things are starting to fall apart. Here is the roster so far.

http://www.usabasket...MOLYroster.html

For the starters, this is what I think;

PG: Deron Williams (PG/SG)

SG: Kobe Bryant (SG)

SF: Kevin Durant (SF/SG)

PF: LeBron James (SF/PF)

C: Chris Bosh (PF/C)

Well here the final and offical (barring injuries)2012 US Olympic(thankfully the nickname "Dream Team" is retired and only used for the 1992 US team) At the last minute according to media sources, both Kobe and Lebron who had planned not to play changed their minds. You did a good job trainguy in picking much of the team. :D

Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks);

Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers);

Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks);

Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder);

Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers);

James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder);

Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers);

LeBron James (Miami Heat);

Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves);

Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers);

Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)

Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets)

Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (NCAA/ & International Basketball Hall of Fame member)

General Manager and Team President: Jerry Colangelo (former CEO/Co- Owner Phoenix Suns and Arizona Diamondbacks)

Reactions?

Yeah, here's a reaction....

We better take home the gold in 'ball this year !

True bro. On paper this is the most talented US Olympic since at least 1996. Sorry the '92 dream team is still the best basketball team of all time by a million miles.

Still the only team IMO with an outside chance that could be beat this crew is Spain.

True bro. On paper this is the most talented US Olympic since at least 1996. Sorry the '92 dream team is still the best basketball team of all time by a million miles.

Still the only team IMO with an outside chance that could be beat this crew is Spain.

Word SLBus. Ever since everyone began to quit the roster, the team started to get a lot weaker. They are still a good team, but as someone mentioned before, it is like the olympics is not that important anymore. I would love to win an Olympic Gold for the US, as it would promote your basketball supremacy in the world, allowing foreigners to step up their game some more, and that means more draft picks and free agents from Europe, South America, and everywhere else.

why are people saying that OKc is better than the Heats? To me they suck and when Jeremy Lin was leading the Knicks with its winning streaks I believe the Knicks could of beaten the OKC, But now that Jeremy and Carmello is out they suck as hell. That is why I hate watching sports except the Yankees and Giants and Jets.

I wasn't comparing this olympic team to any other.... I'm simply sayin we better take home gold.....

Of course the original dream team was the best orchestrated team........

Word SLBus. Ever since everyone began to quit the roster, the team started to get a lot weaker. They are still a good team, but as someone mentioned before, it is like the olympics is not that important anymore. I would love to win an Olympic Gold for the US, as it would promote your basketball supremacy in the world, allowing foreigners to step up their game some more, and that means more draft picks and free agents from Europe, South America, and everywhere else.

Nah, It's not that the olympics aren't that important.....

It's that some of these egomaniacs now wanna get PAID for playing in the olympics....

These phantom injuries wouldn't exist if players were getting reimbursed for their time overseas......

why are people saying that OKc is better than the Heats? To me they suck and when Jeremy Lin was leading the Knicks with its winning streaks I believe the Knicks could of beaten the OKC, But now that Jeremy and Carmello is out they suck as hell......

OKC isn't a bad team just because they lost to the Heat in the finals......

Now i am losing track of all the trades/free agent signings (I am serious.) Just know today 7/11/12 Tim Duncan signed probaly his last long term contract extension with the Spurs.

Maybe trainguy can list all of the NBA deals over last couple of days. remember when the London Olympics start there a handshake argeement that puts on hold any trades/signings.

After a lockout season, these moves have actually got me interested in the NBA again. I kinda look forward to seeing how the Knicks do this year, especially the benefit of playing a full season.

The Nets have made themselves look pretty decent as well and good for them as they move to Brooklyn.

And Howard sill remains undecided about where he is going. All thoughts of Howard going to Brooklyn are now dead. The Bobcats are interested in him, but I do not know how that is looking the other way around. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis signed their contracts with the Heat today, Steve Nash signed his with the Lakers.

Grant Hill says that he either wants to go to Los Angeles (Lakers), Oklahoma City, or Miami to play. Seems like taking your talents to South Beach is the best option of the free agency.

For our 76ers fans out there like me, Dorrel Wright has gone to Philadelphia, and Jaret Jack to Golden State giving the Hornets right to some player overseas, don't remember who it was.

If you are not a Facebook hater, and are looking for updates, I use it myself, check out NBA Debaters; http://www.facebook.com/pages/NBA-Debaters/254932851224441

That is all.

The knicks always seem to find a good player and then later on screw up by either trading him off or somehow Limit that player from having the ball. Thats why the knicks are basically the only team full of the least valued players. Even the Timberwolves, Mavericks and Hornet's had their good and bad times in the NBA.

Archived