NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

like I said in the chatbox (whenever I said it), Thunder in 6....

I'm just waiting to see Leb*tch storm off the court like he has the past 2 seasons.... funny stuff... it's been a recurring theme with him....

....and did ESPN really do an interview with Durant's mom? No offense, but I don't want to hear her sackriding her own son.....

Let the man continue to be humble as you say he is - He don't need you to be his mouthpiece.... AI's mom started that wantin to hog the spotlight trend, then it only went downhill from there....

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here an interview from B35's favorite "Fat Boy" LMAO aka WFAN's Francesa having an interview with NBA CEO/Commisioner David Stern. This is from Wed. 6/13 show talking about the 2012 NBA Finals and issues affecting the league. Hope this link works.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd1%2Fd0%2FdO%2FdW%2FdO%2F10OWO_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561798420585694748_DwfwtaYYX75Mu05latc7bL0JrQ&podcast_name=David+Stern++-+With+Mike+Francesa&podcast_artist=Mike+Francesa&station_id=62&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.NY

Not a chance.... The league got what they wanted.... A chance for the big three to go up against the young up & comers (from the past 2 seasons or so) that are the thunder.... I'm not a ratings nut, but I think this will end up being relatively high, compared to how the NBA finals usually rates....

Bro brilliant prediction. The 1st four games of the 2012 NBA Games are the most watched since the Lakers Kobe/Shaq dystanty of the early 2000's.

http://www.ibtimes.c...r-heat-game.htm

And last thing on game (4). While Lebron deserves 'props' for playing the last few minutes with muscle cramps, I wish the Lebron channels woops ESPN stop comparing this to the Knicks Willis Reed in 1970 NBA Finals.

Congrats to Leborn for finally getting his ring, he did it!

I shed a few tears of joy in the closing minutes of this game, I'm not a Heat fan however I'm a big fan of Lebron.

I kinda felt bad for Durant, dude starting crying like a baby after the game, at least it shows the man has passion for the game.

Congrats to Lebron, Mr. Wade and the Heat for winning the 2012 NBA world title. With that said, Mr. James made a statement this post season he the best hoops player on planet and probably the best all around player since MJ.

While Kobe is also great and future HOF, Kobe is among the best scores ever. Lebron is better defensive.

I lost respect for the thunder.... they basically gave up the last 2 games in the series (sans Westbrook).....

Nobody's really talkin about this in the sports media (from what I've heard so far), but Durant got exposed in this series..... The heat did to him, what the pacers did to lebron in the first couple games in that series - only difference is the former was physically & the latter was mentally.... Nobody fears Durant defensively, and Shylestra's (much as I can't stand him) plan of "attack, attack, attacking" the painted area definitely paid off in this series..... Durant's gonna have to work on his shot selection & his inside game (offensive AND defensive) if he's ever gonna carry a team to a title.....

(Funny how those were the EXACT same problems Nowitzki had when he first came into the league)

oh, and I don't like that chuck Westbrook either, but it's kinda ufcked up that him & Harden is gettin the grunt of the blame of this series loss.....

* "shylestra" = Spolestra, the heat coach..... I call him that b/c he looks like a damn shyster

I lost respect for the thunder.... they basically gave up the last 2 games in the series (sans Westbrook).....

Nobody's really talkin about this in the sports media (from what I've heard so far), but Durant got exposed in this series..... The heat did to him, what the pacers did to lebron in the first couple games in that series - only difference is the former was physically & the latter was mentally.... Nobody fears Durant defensively, and Shylestra's (much as I can't stand him) plan of "attack, attack, attacking" the painted area definitely paid off in this series..... Durant's gonna have to work on his shot selection & his inside game (offensive AND defensive) if he's ever gonna carry a team to a title.....

(Funny how those were the EXACT same problems Nowitzki had when he first came into the league)

oh, and I don't like that chuck Westbrook either, but it's kinda ufcked up that him & Harden is gettin the grunt of the blame of this series loss.....

* "shylestra" = Spolestra, the heat coach..... I call him that b/c he looks like a damn shyster

Another change that the NBA is going thru is this. With Center aka (5) a dying breed, so to a certain degree "pure point guards." The trend (besides as B35 says "Streetball")is the importance of the Power Foward/Big Guard. Lebraon, Durant, Westbrook are that point guard thinking/foward playing scores. Thus the hot trend in NBA now is Magic Johnson-type players, who play defense when needed and also score 30-40 points with the game on the line as well.

PS Dumb question? It is time for D. Wade to be traded? The Heat is now Lebron team and in last couple of seasons been injury prone.

Another change that the NBA is going thru is this. With Center aka (5) a dying breed, so to a certain degree "pure point guards." The trend (besides as B35 says "Streetball") is the importance of the Power Foward/Big Guard. Lebraon, Durant, Westbrook are that point guard thinking/foward playing scores. Thus the hot trend in NBA now is Magic Johnson-type players, who play defense when needed and also score 30-40 points with the game on the line as well.

PS Dumb question? It is time for D. Wade to be traded? The Heat is now Lebron team and in last couple of seasons been injury prone.

It's called the "point forward", and that is the so-called (made-up) position that's gotten a heavy increase in notoriety/importance in the league now - it completely phases out the SF position.... (also, notice how "point forwards" are always the star players on a team that don't fit the mold of one of the traditional positions)....

But yeah, the SF was pretty much your wingman back then....

Nowadays, as long as you can shoot, you can be a wingman - Case in point, consider the sizes of Jason Terry & Steve Novak.....

---------------

As far as Wade, don't know where exactly, but I think he's gone.... He may have been injured, but his attitude & demeanor this past playoffs just screamed "LeBron, this is your team now... you now have the throne"..... Almost like he either knows that he's gonna get traded, or he realizes that LeBron has more of the spotlight/attention in Miami......

EVERYONE GET HYPE FOR DRAFT '12!!!

The NBA is one of those sports where teams clearly get better through free agency and trades so I don't pay attention to the draft. There's a reason why only 2 rounds of picks are done. After the Top 5 picks there's no reason to look at the draft.

The NBA is one of those sports where teams clearly get better through free agency and trades so I don't pay attention to the draft. There's a reason why only 2 rounds of picks are done. After the Top 5 picks there's no reason to look at the draft.

Trainguy is a huge NBA fan and his favorite sport so keep that in mind. With that said, in this 2012 draft there no "franchise" players here i.e Durant, Lebron, etc. The only "draft" of the (4) major sports i watch for a short while is the NFL. I seen too many 'cant miss guys' i.e Sam Bowie in NBA to Ryan Leaf in NFL who become busts. In a sense the entry draft, IMO is overrated.

The '2' big stars of the 2012 NCAA champion Ky. wildcats, Mr. Davis and Mr. Kidd-Gilcrest if they stay healthy will be good players. However there no mega star player in this year's draft that can instantly make a lottery team a contender.

I didn't find out until this year that the NFL Draft had 7 rounds. I thought that it was crazy. But I can see what you are getting at anyways. Sadly, ESPN down here is not showing the draft, and due to location issues, I can not sign into Verizon on ESPN3 and watch it. And yes ball is my favorite sport and I am a huge NBA fan, I will gladly admit that.

How about Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers together in New Orleans? The top 2 recruited Freshmen in the country. Not sure how the Bobcats did not get the first pick, but whatever. Kidd-Gilchrist went to the Cats, not sure how he can help them out. And that strange trade sending Ariza and Okafor to the Wizards. If the Wizards draft well, they might actually have a bright future.

EDIT

Also, I just read that ma main man Lamar Odom is going back to the Clippers, Mo Williams is going to the Jazz. Finally Lamar can be the Lamar that we know he is.

EVERYONE GET HYPE FOR DRAFT '12!!!

lol... yeah right !

the last draft I remember watching from beginning to end was that 96 draft w/ AI, Marbury, Kobe, etc.... the 95 draft was just as good..... the year when kenyon martin went #1 was when I started losing interest..... the year after when kwame brown went #1, I was like hellllll no..... I haven't been stoked about the NBA draft ever since..... around 2k/2k1, yeah, those were the years when all these international players started entering the draft......

It wasn't always like that though.... Back in the 60's, the draft was like 20 rounds (lol).... in the 70's to the mid/late 80's, it got cut down to 10.... from then on, it's been 2 rounds ever since.....

......in this 2012 draft there no "franchise" players here i.e Durant, Lebron, etc. The only "draft" of the (4) major sports i watch for a short while is the NFL. I seen too many 'cant miss guys' i.e Sam Bowie in NBA to Ryan Leaf in NFL who become busts. In a sense the entry draft, IMO is overrated.

The NFL is my favorite sport & all, but I can't watch the NFL draft... too drawn out; spans the whole weekend on ESPN, IINM.....

Why do they have to air/televise all 7 rounds anyway.....

lol... yeah right !

the last draft I remember watching from beginning to end was that 96 draft w/ AI, Marbury, Kobe, etc.... the 95 draft was just as good..... the year when kenyon martin went #1 was when I started losing interest..... the year after when kwame brown went #1, I was like hellllll no..... I haven't been stoked about the NBA draft ever since..... around 2k/2k1, yeah, those were the years when all these international players started entering the draft......

It wasn't always like that though.... Back in the 60's, the draft was like 20 rounds (lol).... in the 70's to the mid/late 80's, it got cut down to 10.... from then on, it's been 2 rounds ever since.....

The NFL is my favorite sport & all, but I can't watch the NFL draft... too drawn out; spans the whole weekend on ESPN, IINM.....

Why do they have to air/televise all 7 rounds anyway.....

Remember as late as the 1968 season there was only 12 teams in the NBA. Now about 45 years later, there now 30. So of course the NBA entry draft had to be cut.

And off topic for second, I agree B35 ESPN does not need to air all 7 rounds. With NFL Network now around, a great idea would be ESPN broadcast the first two rounds and NFL Network the rest of the draft. Keep in mind the NFL draft most years gets better ratings than most MLB NBA or college basketball regular season games.

Back to basketball shifting gears. Should the NBA players still be on US Olympic and other international teams? Should Lebron, Kobe even play. Thankfully after the US loss around 2004, they no longer called the "Dream Team." IMO there only (1) Dream Team and that was the 1992 club.

I know who not playing, Tony Parker in that recent fight involving Drake and Chris Brown. What was Mr. Parker thinking?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8124182/brooklyn-nets-agree-trade-atlanta-hawks-joe-johnson-sources-say

Is Joe Johnson really worth 5 players & a draft pick ???

I understand the Hawks needed a salary dump, but damn they LOST in this deal..... they ended up getting a bunch of nobodies....

Just great, the very "superstar" w/ no real personality comes here to Brooklyn.... Williams pretty much has to stay, if you want people to fill up the arena.... If Williams stays, forget about Howard coming here (they won't be able to afford all 3 players).... Deron Williams & Joe Johnson would make for a good backcourt tandem though.....

Archived