NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

All I have to say is, this maybe a good deal for the Nets. As at least now if the Howard talks fails, Williams won't be too upset being the main guy pulling his weight on a 'dead team'.

Heh, now there's really no reason for the Hawks anymore, they should fold along with either the Bobcats or Hornets.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I have to say is, this maybe a good deal for the Nets. As at least now if the Howard talks fails, Williams won't be too upset being the main guy pulling his weight on a 'dead team'.

Heh, now there's really no reason for the Hawks anymore, they should fold along with either the Bobcats or Hornets.

Nah, I don't think Atlanta will fold b/c they lost Johnson; they'll find someone to complement Josh Smith.....No way I see Atlanta keeping all those guys they signed.... 1 or 2 of em will probably end up being trade bait for a draft pick, or some player that just might be an integral part of (again), helping josh smith....

As for the Nets, their backcourt is solid.... I question their frontcourt though.....

This acquisition already got a couple delirious dudes on another forum talkin bout 2012-13 Brooklyn Nets, champions....

lmfao, yeah right.......

lmao! Agreed. Even the Knicks with Melo, Chandler, and Amare could barely get one win against Miami and I still feel Miami let that game slip away because they thought they had it in the bag. If the Nets should somehow land Howard, I can see them maybe at best in the eastern conference. Miami and Chicago would still be the main threats. Boston is getting real old and I doubt they can hold on like they did tis year (but I can be wrong about them).

Looks like I was right....

The Hawks & Jazz made a trade..... Hawks gave up marvin williams to get devin harris.....

They really haven't had a decent starting PG since, who, mookie blaylock? I would say Jason Terry, but he aint a point......

devin fell off since he was on the nets, but I would still have him & josh smith over josh smith & marvin williams w/ no one of note to run the point.....

Just saw on the ESPN ticker..... get this.... and this is part of what's wrong w/ the league if this actually goes down....

Turns out the nets ARE tryna nab Dwight Howard..... to get him, they're gonna give up brooks lopez, kris kardashian, marshon brooks, and a draft pick every other year until 2017.... so that's 3 more players & 3 draft picks they're giving up to get their hands on one player.....

found a link, so no one can say I'm pulling this out of my behind: http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2012/07/nets_magic_discussing_dwight_h.html

My question is.... who the heck is gonna be left on the nets if they land these 3 players ???

@B35, yeah, it's now or never. Plus they aren't going to let Williams get away, they don't want to lose him under any circumstances. Honestly, I would've thought the Nets got Joe so they can use him as part of a package to get Howard (note I don't know all the positions, so perhaps that could be a reason it might not work). If the Nets do pull off such a trade they will end up in the same boat as the Knicks: they get the stars they want, but end up shorthanded with a thin bench.

Speaking of Olympics, the team is completely falling apart. Pretty much all of our Cs left, and we barely have any PFs. Anthony Davis is playing G according to the book, but that is hell gonna have to change. The last time I saw a 6'10" G was AK47. It is almost as if the olympic team is not important to the basketball players anymore. I thought we would have the ultimate team this year, but things are starting to fall apart. Here is the roster so far.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/2012MOLYroster.html

For the starters, this is what I think;

PG: Deron Williams (PG/SG)

SG: Kobe Bryant (SG)

SF: Kevin Durant (SF/SG)

PF: LeBron James (SF/PF)

C: Chris Bosh (PF/C)

Speaking of Olympics, the team is completely falling apart. Pretty much all of our Cs left, and we barely have any PFs. Anthony Davis is playing G according to the book, but that is hell gonna have to change. The last time I saw a 6'10" G was AK47. It is almost as if the olympic team is not important to the basketball players anymore. I thought we would have the ultimate team this year, but things are starting to fall apart. Here is the roster so far.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/2012MOLYroster.html

Looks like the best player for each position!

http://www.usabasket...MOLYroster.html

I dont think Kobe and Lebron will play in London.

Well here is the alternate.

SG: Russel Westbrook (PG/SG)

PF: Carmelo Anthony (SF/PF)

Anthony Davis (SF/PF) can play some minutes, but Andre Iguodala (SF/SG) and James Harden (SG/PG) are going to pretty much be the bench in my opinion.

What countries are a threat for the U.S. as far as Olympic gold is concerned?

Pre-Tournment and barring injuries the top (2) in no order are Spain and Argentina. The Gasol Brothers are among the best Non-US born players on the planet and both play for Spain. The other being Argentina.

Spain won the silver at the last Olympics as well.

Anthony Davis is playing G according to the book, but that is hell gonna have to change.

tumblr_m1u59vmtjP1r03eaxo1_500.gif

Only thing he'll be "guard"-ing during the olympics is his ankle.....

(triple entendre ftw !)

In other words, he's out of the olympic games also..... lmfao.

Reports coming out that Steve Nash is going to the Lakers for a bunch of draft picks. That leaves the Knicks and Mavs to fight over the leftovers remaining as far as guards are concerned. What will MSG do now?

I never expected Nash to go to the Knicks anyway, but at least Nash doesn't go to Toronto especially after that b*tch move to jack up Fields' price to keep the Knicks out. Nash wasn't going to make Toronto any better.

Most certainly is a busy offseason, that's for sure..... Involving star/big name players at that !

Nash will help the Lakers. However at best their the 2nd best team in the NBA West after the Thunder on paper at this moment summer '12. Also Bro (B35) as i said earlier the reason for this "Busy" start to off season is 1)new salary cap rules 2)There "Handshake' agreement that (not offical)bars trades and free agents signings during the London Olympics. Done of course to not take attention away from the olympic tournment.

Damn if the Lakers get Steve Nash, that not only solves their PG problem, but also gives them a natural bench PG, who can clearly do some work. Ray Sessions has always done work coming off the bench for Cleveland, why would he not do it here?

And this drama with the Nets is crazy.

Archived