NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25
Kobe Bryant and his wife are getting a divorce... his wife said he cheated "Too much", he should have only cheated a little bit lol.

This might affect his game (His Basketball game lol) in a positive way, dude might play with more passion and anger than ever before!

He doesn't even have a prenup...

Isn't she entitled to half his stuff?

"I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger. But she ain't messin' wit no broke n-."

• 2 weeks later...

This update of NBA Opening Night 2011 is presented by KIA. Well after starting the delayed campaign on Christmas Day 2011, the NBA has returned. Knicks beat the C's 106-104. Also in rematch of last season's NBA Finals the Heat spoil the championship banner/ring cermonies for Dirk and the boys.

The Heat beat the Mavs. Other winners include the Bulls and Thunder. I am sure NBA diehard fan 553 is smiling right now.B)

Power is really shifting in the NBA. Mavs 0-2;Lakers 0-2.

553 it's early. Remember in a strike/lockout season like this, the goal for older teams like the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs and Celtics is just make the playoffs. Last time a season was cut short due to a work stoppage in 1998-'99, the Knicks made the NBA Finals as an #8 playoff seed in a 50 game regular season. That despite a slow start for them filled with injuries to their star players. However if that season was a full 82 games NY would been a #5 or #6 seed IMO. That was towards the end of the Ewing era.

Hell w/ the finals, the Mavs won't make the playoffs this year... Odom won't be enough (Chandler was more valuable than Odom will ever be on this team)... Barea was the "X-factor" (so to speak)... For the life of me, I don't get why you have teams that are willing to break up a championship team; this just doesn't go on in the NBA either.....

far as the Lakers, I don't know what to make of them.... they may end up landing someone in a trade later on in the season; I can't see them stickin it out w/ an ailing Kobe, and whoever else they got left on the team.....

far as the Knicks, I don't care who they obtain... Look at all the big names they've had in the past on one team; I will never be sold on them doing any major damage in the league..... lol, when you have buffoons like Skip Bayless predicting the Knicks & the Spurs making the finals this year, that's all the more reason to not have high hopes for the knicks - the man's a jinx....

(I kinda feel sorry for Tebow w/ as much nut huggin that's being done on him by skip, but that's another topic/sport)

....and oh, I'm not buying into the LA Clipper hype just yet.... but I will LMAO if the clippers end up w/ a better record than the lakers....

Lmfao@B35!

Man these ppl and all this Clipper hype is a little off the wall. There is more to the game then just lobs. To say the Clippers are contenders one game into the season is too much, I mean damn, Chris Paul ain't no saint, if them ankles can hold up in a short season with 5 games in 7 nights.......Before they become contenders they need to address that bench, you have no one to back up Blake, or DeAndre(he has my name lol). Chauncey Billups maybe a nice addition, but let's be real here; his gas tank is basically on E, all he has left is those transition 3s n sub par defense; there is no way in hell he can keep up with those fast 1s&2s unless Nash is on the other end.

I wouldnt get all caught up in what espn talks about, they are a bunch of idiots they don't know shyt about basketball, and Magic Johnson of all ppl needs to stop that shyt he be talking about. This cat straight up said the Clippers are better then Lakers. To have 19 losing season out of 20; this guy is a joke. Until they put up 16 banners they will ALWAYS be the step child of Staples.

Short line, you be talking like I don't know shyt about basketball.

• 4 weeks later...

This NBA update is presented by Subway! Eat Fresh. So with about a month into the shortned season, the Knicks last night (1/20/12)lost to the Bucks 100-86. Game ended ugly at MSG as the angry NY fans was booing and cheering for " Fire D'antoni" to cheers for the "Go Giants" in the crowd. Article below.

NY Knicks go from bad to worse, increase losing streak to five games vs. Milwaukee Bucks as fans call for firing of Mike D'Antoni - NY Daily News

Meanwhile the Nets as predicated are off to a even worse start and one of the worst records in the NBA so far.

For rest of the league the biggest surprise so far a month in, is the Philly 76ers off to their best start since the 2000-'01 season when they made the NBA Finals under then all star Alan Iverson. Also a bit of surprise is the Pacers. Meanwhile Kobe Bryant is off to his best start in several years despite the 'drama' of his divorce being 'final."

Any reactions? I am sure our NBA analyst 553 via Bridgeton and others have something to say lol.

I had had some higher hopes for the team after the signings this season, but they are still the same crap team. Dolan wanted Carmello so bad and gave up on half the team and relegated Amare to 2nd fiddle on what was supposed to be his team. Shame, Amare deserved better. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks manages to trade him to Orlando for Howard. Just stock up on the stars and further sell the team out.

Lmfao@B35!

Short line, you be talking like I don't know shyt about basketball.

No man. I am just being an hardazz and playing devils' adovcate. On current 2012 NBA, 553 aka DeAndre lol you know about the league than me. However on history going as far as the 1960's including the ABA era i do have some knowledge.;)

god damn knicks... what's this, 6 in a row now....

How can anyone be fans of this sorry ass team ????

Although Denver is a decent squad, the knicks took them to double OT.... Melo was the only person doing anything after the latter stages of the 4th qtr on.... How in the everloving (you know what) does Stoudemire take a grand total of ZERO shots in the 4th qtr, 1st, and 2nd overtimes combined.... It wasn't that no one had him on lock either, he just wasn't doing anything.... Stagnant....

It had to have been absolutely squat else on TV for me to want to sit up there & watch a knick game.... only reason I kept it on was b/c it was a close game in the latter stages of the 4th qtr, and that's when I caught it at.... I can't watch a 4 12 min qtrs of knick 'ball.....

god damn knicks... what's this, 6 in a row now....

How can anyone be fans of this sorry ass team ????

Although Denver is a decent squad, the knicks took them to double OT.... Melo was the only person doing anything after the latter stages of the 4th qtr on.... How in the everloving (you know what) does Stoudemire take a grand total of ZERO shots in the 4th qtr, 1st, and 2nd overtimes combined.... It wasn't that no one had him on lock either, he just wasn't doing anything.... Stagnant....

It had to have been absolutely squat else on TV for me to want to sit up there & watch a knick game.... only reason I kept it on was b/c it was a close game in the latter stages of the 4th qtr, and that's when I caught it at.... I can't watch a 4 12 min qtrs of knick 'ball.....

So guys(including B35 Concourse, etc. should Dolan 'fire' D'antoni?:confused:

So guys(including B35 Concourse, etc. should Dolan 'fire' D'antoni?:confused:

I wish it were possible to fire Dolan.... maybe NYC would have a chance at seeing what winning basketball is... I don't mean for a season here, a season there either.....

They can fire D'antoni, but the way I see it, what would it matter.... whoever would come in & take his place would simply be a different turd in the same toilet.....

Agreed, sadly Dolan rules the team with an iron fist and still seeks questionable advice from the disgrace that is Thomas. But D'antoni being let go would be a start. He hasn't done anything right. Defense wins games at least "80%" of the time. You don't win by allowing the opposition outscore you on easy/open shots. The Knicks can stack themselves with the best scorers and still lose because the don't defend at all. They may have better contracted players now, but it's still the same mess as before, players that don't work well together and ineffective leadership.

Speaking of the Knicks, Melo and Bosh from the Heat was on Law & Order tonight. The ep was about some coach raping young boys in a basketball camp, a fictional basketball player was the center of show, melo & bosh just made cameo appearances.

Anyway, not to be on some bandwagon ish, but am I the only Knick fan that's not worried about the Knicks issues this year just because the Nets are coming over here next season? I know the Nets wanted to get some superstar player (Dwight Howard...? I forgot lol), if they did get him and the Nets became competitive I can see the Knicks becoming the Clippers of NYC....

Well here a hot rumor that started with Fox Sports Net Ohio(the tv home of the Cavs). The rumor is Lebron is unhappy playing in Miami having disagrements with teammate/close friend Dwayne Wade and also Team President/GM Pat Riley. If it's true, Mr. James is already thinking of 'opt out' of his mega deal contract the sources says and once again becoming a free agent.

Report: LeBron James may consider free agency in 2014; could he return to Cleveland? - NBA - Sporting News

Could it be possible we might have a summer time the 'decision' part 2 on ESPN in July 2014 lol?;)

*PG warning for language/adult humor* if you play this clip.

1 of these 3 clowns are unhappy & wants out.... Who didn't see this coming?

There's only one ball, 3 different ego's, 3 different players that need the ball in their hand to be effective (especially Chris Biish)...

LeBron would be a fool to go back to the Cavs; especially after what the owner (in a few of his tantrums) said about him.... the cavalier faithful (lol) won't be so accepting of any attempted comebacks of his either.... Don't forget that whole jersey burning ritual they did out there !

I don't like "super routes" & I don't like superteams either.... Hell, FWIW, you have all that talent, you have all that mouth, you have all that baby powder someone needs to smack you in the face with, you should carry a team to a championship.... Shouldn't need two other stars to assist you...

I hope LeBron becomes the greatest player to NOT win a ring....

LOL at the Orlando Magic for only scoring 56 points in Boston earlier this week. :( I thought being an NBA team automatically means you'll get over 70 in a game. The "Supermen" have a 12-5 record so far so they are in good shape for the playoffs as of right now.

I'm not impressed with my favorite team (Dallas Mavericks) so I won't be commenting on here often.

Any power rankings from the NBA fans on here?

LOL at the Orlando Magic for only scoring 56 points in Boston earlier this week. :( I thought being an NBA team automatically means you'll get over 70 in a game. The "Supermen" have a 12-5 record so far so they are in good shape for the playoffs as of right now.

Speaking of those same 2 teams.... the magic blew a 27 point lead against them (celtics) in tonight's game & lost, 91-83... Things are goin downhill for the Magic quick... It may just be smart on Howard's part to want to leave... With all these 3's they hoist up per game, they're starting to resemble those phoenix suns teams back when D'antoni coached them.....

Magic need to just move on and trade Howard. Let's be real here Otis Smith must be stupid if he think he's going to get the same talent in return. A trade with the Lakers would bring Bynum and 2 rookies plus cash considerations and a trade exception. A trade with the nets would bring a bunch of players who's names I don't even know. A trade with the Mavs won't work because they don't have young enough rookies. The Lakers/Nets 3 team deal would be the most logical.

If the Nets can't get a deal to work they may as well kiss D.Will goodbye.

Archived