NBA 2011-'12 and off season discussion Thread

553 Bridgeton

The bad news for Mr. Lin. He only scored 10 points. Good news Jermey had 13 assts. as the Knicks blow out the Sac-Town Kings(who are rumored to be moving to Seattle following the season)100-85.

Score was not as close as the final indicted as the Kings got closer when Coach Dantoni rested his starters in 4th period.

NY Knicks' Jeremy Lin gets career-high 13 assists, scores just 10 points but leads team to 100-85 victory over Sacramento Kings at Garden - NY Daily News

Cool.

Not gonna knock him for having only scored 10, nor am I gonna get riled up that they beat the kings..... Ever since they broke up those bibby/peja/(brad) miller teams, that franchise has been in shambles since.... Weren't the Maloof's supposed to have wanted to move the team to Vegas or something.....

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool.

Not gonna knock him for having only scored 10, nor am I gonna get riled up that they beat the kings..... Ever since they broke up those bibby/peja/(brad) miller teams, that franchise has been in shambles since.... Weren't the Maloof's supposed to have wanted to move the team to Vegas or something.....

The Maloofs did wanted and planed to move the Kings to Vegas 2-3 years back. David Stern and the Owners then rejected due to the 'gambling' element to that city. Then last season, they were on verge of moving to Anaheim but Stern rejected that relocation plan as well mainly because the Lakers and Clippers did not want a 3rd team in the LA area.

Now since Sac-Town has yet to bulid a new arena for them the Kings now are looking at Seattle. According to the rumors,

the Maloffs would sell to a new Ownership group in Seattle since that city now has plans for a new NBA buliding. Seattle has been looking for a new team since the Sonics left for Oklahoma 4 years ago. My gut is I would not be surprised if the Kings did moved to a larger city in Seattle very soon as the Pacfic Northwest right now only has (1) team in the Trail Blazers. Plus Seattle is the largest city in that part of the country.

Cool.

I agree, I mean the old Knicks would've found a way to lose this game, so thank god they are finally beating up on the bad teams as they should.

Anyone that thought Lin's 20 pts a game would last are delusional. That total will only shrink further with Melo back. But I do like the assists. Granted the Kings suck, but passing the ball to an open man is good (at least it seems that way now about the passing). Better than have everyone pile on and overturning or forcing a bad shot. so I am happy as long as it isn't just 1 dimensional shoot the ball and hope it goes in the basket and wait to let the other team shoot and then recover the ball.

One thing I will say about lin is that the other players seems to have new life now and whenever Davis comes back, he won't be pressured to be the 'savior'. All he has to do is get healthy and not screw up.

Nuggets have a better record without melo and the Knicks are hardly .500 with him. The guy is a scorer, and the last thing on his mind is DEFENSE. Sadly Lin's points is going to go down and his assists.

If Melo can make the adjustment to playing with Lin, it would go a long way in ending a repution of him being a talented but 'me only selffish player' many people around the NBA think of him as having.:eek:

Well 'wait and see', but I still have doubts. Otoh, he could give ARod a run for his money as the most 'hated' player in the city.

=

Nuggets have a better record without melo and the Knicks are hardly .500 with him. The guy is a scorer, and the last thing on his mind is DEFENSE. Sadly Lin's points is going to go down and his assists.
Which is why if Melo was playing and Lin didn't lead the team now, I would've rather rooted for the Denver 'Knicks' than this team.

Hell if Lin never played during this streak the Knicks would be 10 games under .500. And someone would have been fired.

Melo has to change his ways, Lin doesn't need to. Melo is the key to this whole thing.

.....and I got a big feeling the game he comes back they gona lose. Mike would be stone idiot if he puts Tony Douglas back in the lineup. Schumpert(spelling) is a rookie who I don't even expect to be on the roster next season should be traded for a known player or ATLEAST someone who can give them a chance to play with the Heat. Pre Lin the Knicks packed it in, hopefully melo don't screw it up.

-----------

What the hell is going down there in Charlotte? That shyt Jordon got on the court is a disgrace to the NBA and upsetting to hear on the nbatv that they only won 2 games since New Years. To not even compete basically. Jordan should be banned from owning that team, cause I see making no effort to clean house. Don't make no damn sense. And the damn Washington Bullets, smfh!

Although I cannot stomach J.R. tatt'.... I meant J.R. smith, that was a good pickup for the Knicks.... he's one of those (what I like to call) thorn-in-your-side type of players.....

Lol one of those players you hate and like at the sametime. What I like about him he can get hot quick; you could be down 15 n 5 mins later up 6. Lol he did score 50 off the bench in Denver . Maybe ny is good for him, he is from Freehold, NJ.

Smith was a great addition to the team, and his 3 point shooting is definitely something that's great as a backup to Novak and Shumpert, like what happened today.

Great game for the Knicks and Linsanity moves on. You can tell that he's really working on his high turnover count cause he only had 1 in the first half. He kind of blew it in the 3rd quarter, but that was good defense played from the Mavs.

Dirk had an amazing game too. He's been amping up his 3s and had some nice ones in the game.

Melo might return in tomorrow's game against the Nets. It would be a great opportunity to formulate and connect with Lin against a team like the Nets.

Everyone says Lin is good. But when someone's numbers go up, that means someone's numbers go down. Jeremy Lin had 21 pts, nothing new, but Amar'e had 7. YES, 7!!! Melo had 15 I think.

Anyways, if the Knicks want to win tonight, they have to get some really good G play. Wade will absolutely go to work if the Knicks aren't playing good D, where Jeremy Lin's weakness is.

Everyone says Lin is good. But when someone's numbers go up, that means someone's numbers go down. Jeremy Lin had 21 pts, nothing new, but Amar'e had 7. YES, 7!!! Melo had 15 I think.

Anyways, if the Knicks want to win tonight, they have to get some really good G play. Wade will absolutely go to work if the Knicks aren't playing good D, where Jeremy Lin's weakness is.

While this is an important regular season as long as the Knicks dont get blow out, there still about 30 games left in the season even if they lose. Plus this is a great taste for Lin.

Turnovers & "tryna do too much" is Lin's weakness... that, for one, has a direct effect on Amar'e's & 'Melo's numbers (although I think melo is just flat out rusty since he's came back.....)

The lack of defense I don't think is a Lin problem, more than it is a collective problem throughout the team - Which D'antoni has a lot to do with....

Knicks are gonna have to shoot the lights out (so to speak) of the heat if they wanna win this game.... I think they have a realistic shot of doing it too.....

Now if queen james, chris biish, or homeplate (talkin bout wade) goes off for 40+, then the knicks may not stand a chance...

Turnovers & "tryna do too much" is Lin's weakness... that, for one, has a direct effect on Amar'e's & 'Melo's numbers (although I think melo is just flat out rusty since he's came back.....)

The lack of defense I don't think is a Lin problem, more than it is a collective problem throughout the team - Which D'antoni has a lot to do with....

Knicks are gonna have to shoot the lights out (so to speak) of the heat if they wanna win this game.... I think they have a realistic shot of doing it too.....

Now if queen james, chris biish, or homeplate (talkin bout wade) goes off for 40+, then the knicks may not stand a chance...

Being fair bro(B35) Lin has improved with turnovers and his free throw shooting in last couple of games vs the nets and hawks. However for Jermey to become an elite or even very good starting NBA point guard he needs to cut down on the turnovers.

Not just the Knicks but all over the NBA many teams play crappy defense and as we discussed a couple of weeks ago when Charles Barkley stated the "NBA sucked" it's become a street type game. The total team game from Bill Rusell/Bob Cousy's Celtics of the 1960's to Willis Reed/"Clyde' Frazier/Bill Bradley defense team Knick title teams of the early 1970's are long gone.

Lin did terrible yesterday. 8 points and 1 for 11 shooting and the lack of significant assists and his turnovers really cost the Knicks the game.

I knew we would lose, but I thought it would be by single digits. Hopefully everybody will be healthy and rested after the All Star Break so we can see another Knicks winning streak.

Lin did terrible yesterday. 8 points and 1 for 11 shooting and the lack of significant assists and his turnovers really cost the Knicks the game.

I knew we would lose, but I thought it would be by single digits. Hopefully everybody will be healthy and rested after the All Star Break so we can see another Knicks winning streak.

Well, Lin is short so his weakness is dunks and all that...other than that he is awesome if no one is blocking him. He gets 95% of his foul balls in. And hes damn good at 3 pointers. He chose to do dunk-like shots last night, which was a bad choice for him. He should have passed or 3 pointed, there would have been a higher chance of winning.

Archived