Weird bus spotted at CAS today. It was not an VII NG

trainfan22

Today i went hunting for the VII NG bus in SI. I didn't see any in service or at CAS. However i seen this unknown bus.....

022-9.jpg

023-7.jpg

024-6.jpg

Does anyone know the story behind this?

Well here are a few other pics from tuesday and today....

015-8.jpg

017-6.jpg

011-5.jpg

016-9.jpg

019-9.jpg

9421 Please come back home to brooklyn!

012-7.jpg

019-8.jpg

046-5.jpg

054-3.jpg

055-3.jpg

That is all comments are welcome enjoy!!

Nice shots! I really like the last one..... What the...... A Prevost demo!!!! Looks like another one of MTA's too good to be true moves!

Thanks!!

Whaaaaaaat !

That paint scheme with that prevost + Mta logos looks so sexy, If MTA plans on buying prevosts, we would have 2 buses with sexy backs !

Awesome pics sir.

Thanks!!

Someone has been reading our posts, and picking up on ideas. 3 door artics, has been spoken by several of us, MTA is now testing them. Prevost Le Mirage (now known as X3-45), has been spoken about, especially by me. I spoke of it being shorter in height than the MCI, and the fact that since MCI is swamped with coach orders, MTA should of had went to Prevost, and gotten coaches quicker...Now they are testing one. Seems like MTA isn't just relying on one or two manufacturers, and is actually shopping around, putting the vehicles on the road.......I hope they get these, if they are replacing some of the older MCI's, or want to expand service in the future......

Nice catch by the way..........

Today i went hunting for the VII NG bus in SI. I didn't see any in service or at CAS. However i seen this unknown bus.....

Does anyone know the story behind this?

Well here are a few other pics from tuesday and today....

9421 Please come back home to brooklyn!

That is all comments are welcome enjoy!!

Wow the Prevost Bus still has a NJ license plate. but what are they thinking to test a luxury coach bus on (MTA)

Someone has been reading our posts, and picking up on ideas. 3 door artics, has been spoken by several of us, MTA is now testing them. Prevost Le Mirage (now known as X3-45), has been spoken about, especially by me. I spoke of it being shorter in height than the MCI, and the fact that since MCI is swamped with coach orders, MTA should of had went to Prevost, and gotten coaches quicker...Now they are testing one. Seems like MTA isn't just relying on one or two manufacturers, and is actually shopping around, putting the vehicles on the road.......I hope they get these, if they are replacing some of the older MCI's, or want to expand service in the future......

Nice catch by the way..........

Thanks!!

Wow the Prevost Bus still has a NJ license plate. but what are they thinking to test a luxury coach bus on (MTA)

Actully that bus has florida license plates. There insides are very slimar to the D4500 buses. The D4500 are kinda luxury buses if you think about it.

Very nice pictures from staten island.

9421 & 9424 bring dem back to FLATBUSH, but they are doing ALRIGHT in yukon, unlike 9417 which got scraped earlier this month :P

Looks like the (MTA) testing out a new bus possibly going to Charleston Depot, and If it does go to charleston, can these prevost buses be on the x23/24??, along with some new orders of the MCI...

Off topic: When does SI BRT begins???, I know BX BRT is 6/29, and Manhattan BRT

(M15) is 8/31* (I could be incorrect with that, can someone confirm on this please).

The Prevost Bus Is A Cool Bus. I Can't Wait To See These Buses In Service.

We saw it today pulling into Casleton off a Training run. It looks even better in person. Trevor Logan of TTMG got a shot, but I wasn't prepared so I missed the oportunity. I'll most likely go back tomorrow. We also saw 3800 sitting right in front too.

Very nice pictures from staten island.

9421 & 9424 bring dem back to FLATBUSH, but they are doing ALRIGHT in yukon, unlike 9417 which got scraped earlier this month :P

Looks like the (MTA) testing out a new bus possibly going to Charleston Depot, and If it does go to charleston, can these prevost buses be on the x23/24??, along with some new orders of the MCI...

Off topic: When does SI BRT begins???, I know BX BRT is 6/29, and Manhattan BRT

(M15) is 8/31* (I could be incorrect with that, can someone confirm on this please).

Thanks!!

Good catch those buses look very nice! Those buses look expensive. :eek:

Thanks!!

Good catch those buses look very nice! Those buses look expensive. :eek:

They are coaches, not buses. Prevost X3-45 is the D4500 competition, and the D model has been layething the slap on the Prevost candy a$$. The Prevost is more expensive, and compared to MCIs, Prevost has luxury status......

We saw it today pulling into Casleton off a Training run. It looks even better in person. Trevor Logan of TTMG got a shot, but I wasn't prepared so I missed the oportunity. I'll most likely go back tomorrow. We also saw 3800 sitting right in front too.
Damn I wish I met up with you guys earlier. I lost it when Trevor showed me the shot of it.

I spoke to someone at the Roadeo who said that the Prevost was on the X10 last week.
Yeah, and thats suppose to be the only route it'll be testing on for the 30 days its testing.

Damn I wish I met up with you guys earlier. I lost it when Trevor showed me the shot of it.

Yeah, and thats suppose to be the only route it'll be testing on for the 30 days its testing.

Do you know what time of day the bus will be running?

Archived