Create Your Own Bus Route - Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice)

Just like other create your own bus thread, but you create a NICE bus. It can be an Extention of a route or a new bus route (N34,N56,N77,etc..)

extend select N6 trips to bellmore via greenwich street and park ave replacing n45 former ppl transfer to the N43.

This I am not sure of but I would place it in the fantasy category N34 nassau hub express It starts in oyster bay and then travels rte 106 to hicksville LIRR then old country road to merrick ave then goes directly to nassau community college then via nassau hub business parks then hempstead some trips express via penninsula to hewlett via N36 routing to east rockaway it's bidirectional and rush hour only.

These are fantasy to an extent.

N31 short turns extend via penninsula blvd becoming an indirect replacement of the N17 with connections to N15 at lakeview then stops at mercy college then travels via nassau hub to jericho tpk via new cassel brush hollow road. At rush hour use a new N38 which is a variant of N32/31 originating at jericho quad when N31 is doing normal hempstead route Travels via penninsula but stays on it with LTD stops to far rockaway (A).

N90 - Reverse peak express bus service using MCIs from Jamaica Station LIRR to Hicksville

N91 - Reverse peak express bus service from Jamaica LIRR station to Minola.

The point of these routes is to serve the market of Reverse peak ridership in LI, as some of you know, LIRR reverse peak service is not that good cause of not enough tracks. :(

Merged N57 and N58.

N57 AM Loops- Follows N57 Clockwise trip to Middle Neck Rd/Steamboat, follows N58 route to End of Kings Point Rd/USMMA, then resume clockwise N57 AM loop.

N57 PM Loops- Rename N58. Follows Counterclockwise trip to Middle Neck Rd/Steamboat, then follows N58 route to End of Kings Point Rd/USMMA, then resume counterclockwise PM Loop.

N20:

Add more Hicksville-Flushing trips on weekend.

Weekdays: Extend hours of N20L Limited for faster service.

I am still thinking.

Summer Service:

N84:

Operates between Jamaica Center, Queens and Jones Beach via N4/N88 route.

N86L

Operates between Jamaica Bus Terminal and Jones Beach via N6 Jamaica-Hempstead LTD stops, and portion of N41/N40 route.

N87: Restore N87.

N88: Reinstate N88 service.

Merged N57 and N58.

N57 AM Loops- Follows N57 Clockwise trip to Middle Neck Rd/Steamboat, follows N58 route to End of Kings Point Rd/USMMA, then resume clockwise N57 AM loop.

N57 PM Loops- Rename N58. Follows Counterclockwise trip to Middle Neck Rd/Steamboat, then follows N58 route to End of Kings Point Rd/USMMA, then resume counterclockwise PM Loop.

N20:

Add more Hicksville-Flushing trips on weekend.

Weekdays: Extend hours of N20L Limited for faster service.

I am still thinking.

N58 ppl will scream at the idea and RIOT Agree with N20L

N58 ppl will scream at the idea and RIOT Agree with N20L

for once I agree with qj, the 57 and 58 serve different purposes. The 57 is a loop around to get people to and from the station to take the heat off of the limited parking available at the station. The 58 serves downtown great neck and all the shopping areas.

N5-Mineola or Roosevelt Field to Hempstead Transit Center via Clinton Street

N5 buses would continue as these routes at the terminals:

Hempstead TC:

-N15

-N32

-N35

Roosevelt Field:

-N24

-N79

Mineola:

-N23

To make these changes, the N15 and N35 would be truncated to Hempstead TC. The N79 would be truncated to Roosevelt Field.

Hempstead TC:

-N15

-N32

-N35

Roosevelt Field:

-N24

-N79

Mineola:

-N23

To make these changes, the N15 and N35 would be truncated to Hempstead TC. The N79 would be truncated to Roosevelt Field.

Drivers have told me the N23 is connected to the N79.

Hempstead TC:

-N15

-N32

-N35

Roosevelt Field:

-N24

-N79

Mineola:

-N23

Very bad idea MTA merged N35 with N37 for a reason. N15 ppl will throw bricks at you. DAMN cait sith's language is rubbing off on me.

Drivers have told me the N23 is connected to the N79.

That is true my friend who was an LIB planner trainee told me just that and drivers confirmed this already. N79 is actually the N23 same bus but different routes after mineola.

Very bad idea MTA merged N35 with N37 for a reason. N15 ppl will throw bricks at you. DAMN cait sith's language is rubbing off on me.

That is true my friend who was an LIB planner trainee told me just that and drivers confirmed this already. N79 is actually the N23 same bus but different routes after mineola.

What urged the MTA to merge the N35 and N37? (beside the fact that they ran at the same headways and both terminated at the Hempstead bus terminal)

N56

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5f962bcb72fb13e7&ie=UTF8&ll=40.636999,-73.706782&spn=0.057317,0.071154&t=m&vpsrc=1&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5f962bcb72fb13e7&ie=UTF8&ll=40.636999,-73.706782&spn=0.057317,0.071154&t=m&vpsrc=1&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">NICE Create</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

I'm still posting map yet.

maybe the JB88 was just a bluff.

What do you mean by that?

What urged the MTA to merge the N35 and N37? (beside the fact that they ran at the same headways and both terminated at the Hempstead bus terminal)

So back then the N35 was Hempstead-Westbury and the N37 was Hempstead-Baldwin, right?

They probably figured it would be an easy way to give N37 riders access to the RFM, and people coming from routes like the N22 would have easier access to areas along the N37.

N56

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5f962bcb72fb13e7&ie=UTF8&ll=40.636999,-73.706782&spn=0.057317,0.071154&t=m&vpsrc=1&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5f962bcb72fb13e7&ie=UTF8&ll=40.636999,-73.706782&spn=0.057317,0.071154&t=m&vpsrc=1&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">NICE Create</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

I'm still posting map yet.

better idea extend N8 to far rockaway or atlantic beach ect. Let those ppl transfer to N32/31 making the N8 a crosstown type route. Cut back N8 to franklin medical

What do you mean by that?

So back then the N35 was Hempstead-Westbury and the N37 was Hempstead-Baldwin, right?

They probably figured it would be an easy way to give N37 riders access to the RFM, and people coming from routes like the N22 would have easier access to areas along the N37.

The MTA was going to cancel the JB88, but if it was a money maker why would they do that?

Yes to the N35 /N37 statement.

better idea extend N8 to far rockaway or atlantic beach ect. Let those ppl transfer to N32/31 making the N8 a crosstown type route. Cut back N8 to franklin medical

If the N8 was cut to Franklin Medical Center where would its northern trip generator be? At least now the N8 connects to the N6.

N56 Green Acres Mall

All N32 stops until Nassau Expressway

New Stops

Nassau Expressway/Bay Blvd

Rockaway Turnpike/Nassau Expressway

Rockaway Turnpike/East Av

Rockaway Blvd/Meyer Av-1st St (5 Towns)

Rockaway Blvd/Division St

Rockaway Blvd @ Kas Carpet Showroom

Brookville Blvd/147th Rd

Brookville Blvd/147th Av

Brookville Blvd/142nd Av

Brookville Blvd/Sunrise Highway

S. Conduit Av/140th Av

S. Conduit Av/Francis Lewis Blvd

Sunrise/Hook Creek Blvd

All NICE stops to Marcy's

N56 Lynbrook

All NICE stops to Hook Creek Blvd

N. Conduit Av/Francis Lewis Blvd

Brookville Blvd/142nd Av

Brookville Blvd/147th Av

Brookville Blvd/147th Rd

All N32 stops to Lynbrook/Five Corners

N56 Green Acres Mall

All N32 stops until Nassau Expressway

New Stops

Nassau Expressway/Bay Blvd

Brookville Blvd/147th Rd

Brookville Blvd/147th Av

Brookville Blvd/142nd Av

S. Conduit Av/140th Av

S. Conduit Av/Francis Lewis Blvd

Sunrise/Hook Creek Blvd

All NICE stops to Marcy's

N56 Lynbrook

All NICE stops to Hook Creek Blvd

N. Conduit Av/Francis Lewis Blvd

Brookville Blvd/142nd Av

Brookville Blvd/147th Av

Brookville Blvd/147th Rd

All N32 stops to Lynbrook/Five Corners

sorry to burst ur bubble but that route is too meandering and duplicates the N32 which makes no sense. It would be easier to extend N8 south to cover the route and go to far rockaway via a unique routing or edgemere via nassau expressway to provide fast transfers to Q113 LTD,N32/31 and N33 (before it goes over the bridge) this makes for fast links all over that area.

@N6LTD

Then N8 for northern generator to get the N6 I have a different idea I looked at the parkway between exit 16 and 17S there are no low overpasses on that short stint therefore N8 can use it but only till exit 17S eastbound due to overpass if it gets on then off quickly then it can go safely northbound N8 uses 17S then loops on hempstead ave and ocean ave to head north onward on nassau blvd to garden city. N8 now will time with N32 for hempstead service then go cross via cherry valley ave direct to hempstead term OR mineola LIRR.

Southbound N8 is direct on SSP upto exit 16 to avoid low clearance. I am not exactly entirely sure here just thinking on the fly with this one when I get more info I will report back

Archived