Create Your Own Bus Route - Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice)

sorry to burst ur bubble but that route is too meandering and duplicates the N32 which makes no sense. It would be easier to extend N8 south to cover the route and go to far rockaway via a unique routing or edgemere via nassau expressway to provide fast transfers to Q113 LTD,N32/31 and N33 (before it goes over the bridge) this makes for fast links all over that area.

@N6LTD

Then N8 for northern generator to get the N6 I have a different idea I looked at the parkway between exit 16 and 17S there are no low overpasses on that short stint therefore N8 can use it but only till exit 17S eastbound due to overpass if it gets on then off quickly then it can go safely northbound N8 used 17S then loops on hempstead ave and ocean to head north onward on nassau blvd to garden city. N8 now will time with N32 for hempstead service then go cross via cherry valley ave direct to hempstead term OR mineola LIRR.

Southbound N8 is direct on SSP upto exit 16 to avoid low clearance.

I was thinking of a Nassau Blvd routing also. The southern portion of the N8 would be an extension of your routing to Down Rockaway Turnpike. The northern extension would turn South on Franklin Ave rather than north.

It would turn left on to Cornwell Ave to Hempstead Ave and Follow Nassau Blvd North. or Turn Left on Broadway (Just before Rail Road Tracks) to Hempstead Ave and follow Nassau Blvd

I was thinking of a Nassau Blvd routing also. The southern portion of the N8 would be an extension of your routing to Down Rockaway Turnpike. The northern extension would turn South on Franklin Ave rather than north.

It would turn left on to Cornwell Ave to Hempstead Ave and Follow Nassau Blvd North. or Turn Left on Broadway (Just before Rail Road Tracks) to Hempstead Ave and follow Nassau Blvd

yeah pretty sums up some of my proposals. I have a suffolk one too I will send soon. the nassau one is now nearly complete. we are on the same page sort of. N62 I think needs to become something very different than it is now same with N50 and N46,51 and 80/81 all need to be completely done over and changed radically to stay alive.

1) The MTA was going to cancel the JB88, but if it was a money maker why would they do that?

2) Yes to the N35 /N37 statement.

3) If the N8 was cut to Franklin Medical Center where would its northern trip generator be? At least now the N8 connects to the N6.

1) Your guess is as good as mine. Their own numbers said the route made money.

2) Alright.

3) Why the Franklin Medical Center of course. :(

sorry to burst ur bubble but that route is too meandering and duplicates the N32 which makes no sense. It would be easier to extend N8 south to cover the route and go to far rockaway via a unique routing or edgemere via nassau expressway to provide fast transfers to Q113 LTD,N32/31 and N33 (before it goes over the bridge) this makes for fast links all over that area.

@N6LTD

Then N8 for northern generator to get the N6 I have a different idea I looked at the parkway between exit 16 and 17S there are no low overpasses on that short stint therefore N8 can use it but only till exit 17S eastbound due to overpass if it gets on then off quickly then it can go safely northbound N8 uses 17S then loops on hempstead ave and ocean ave to head north onward on nassau blvd to garden city. N8 now will time with N32 for hempstead service then go cross via cherry valley ave direct to hempstead term OR mineola LIRR.

Southbound N8 is direct on SSP upto exit 16 to avoid low clearance. I am not exactly entirely sure here just thinking on the fly with this one when I get more info I will report back

In case you haven't noticed, this is the "Create Your Own Bus Route" thread. None of the proposals in this thread are serious.

QJ, this is just NICE Create Your Route.

What he said.

yeah pretty sums up some of my proposals. I have a suffolk one too I will send soon. the nassau one is now nearly complete. we are on the same page sort of. N62 I think needs to become something very different than it is now same with N50 and N46,51 and 80/81 all need to be completely done over and changed radically to stay alive.

When it comes to the N8, I don't like the idea of 2 routes on Franklin Ave, unless the N8 was extended to Hempstead or something. The N25 can handle Franklin on it's own, it's redundant and they just fight over customers who are going between Dutch Broadway and Hempstead Turnpike which is not even that much, it's not even a busy passenger corridor.

I wonder what Violia is going to do with those routes.

1) Your guess is as good as mine. Their own numbers said the route made money.

2) Alright.

3) Why the Franklin Medical Center of course. :(

In case you haven't noticed, this is the "Create Your Own Bus Route" thread. None of the proposals in this thread are serious.

What he said.

3) I've been on the N25 plenty of times, Franklin Medical Center is a small hospital, it's not really a (bus) trip generator. You may have one or 2 people who use the stop during rush hour.

When it comes to the N8, I don't like the idea of 2 routes on Franklin Ave, unless the N8 was extended to Hempstead or something. The N25 can handle Franklin on it's own, it's redundant and they just fight over customers who are going between Dutch Broadway and Hempstead Turnpike which is not even that much, it's not even a busy passenger corridor.

I wonder what Violia is going to do with those routes.

3) I've been on the N25 plenty of times, Franklin Medical Center is a small hospital, it's not really a (bus) trip generator. You may have one or 2 people who use the stop during rush hour.

N8 maybe the nassau blvd routing may make sense.

Most of the ideas I suggested should have been in the create your own route thread sorry checkmate13

Sorry I havn't posted this sooner, but my N5 plan is for the buses to be through-routes onto other routes at the N5's terminals. This plan will allow for a 1-seat ride between Queens, the North Shore and the South Shore.

• 1 month later...

My Idea:

N20/N21

Improve N20/N21 bus including N20L.

N53: Lots of senior citizens want these back during MTA Public Hearing at Hofra University.

N72:

Implement LTD stops where it's shared by N70/N71.

N88: Coordinate bus service with LIRR arrival at Freeport Station.

N93: Restore service and add every 90 minutes during museum hours.

n27/n27L/n28/n28L

Via Nassau Bl, Ocean Ave.

n27 - Great Neck - Long Beach OR Freeport. n27L stops only at major transfer points & LIRR stations. When n28L is running, n27 terminates in Freeport.

n28/n28L - Jamaica - Long Beach. n28L stops only at major transfer points & LIRR stations. Weekdays:

1/4 of local trips terminate at Hempstead Transit Center.

1/4 of local trips terminate in Freeport.

• 3 weeks later...
My Idea:

N20/N21

Improve N20/N21 bus including N20L.

N53: Lots of senior citizens want these back during MTA Public Hearing at Hofra University.

N72:

Implement LTD stops where it's shared by N70/N71.

N88: Coordinate bus service with LIRR arrival at Freeport Station.

N93: Restore service and add every 90 minutes during museum hours.

I like, I like.

Would it be that the sr. citizens want the N53 back because para-transit is more expensive? But you can spot at least 5 Para thransit buses a day in Merrick, so the want is justified.

I would reroute the N74 via Wantagh Avenue and South Broadway and no longer run on Jerusalem Av. Its southern terminus would now be Massapequa Park LIRR, and it would be extended to Sunrise Mall Peak Hours.

The N73 would be unchanged.

The N80 would be discontinued. People using the N80 can use the N74 for Bethpage, the N54/55 for Sunrise Mall, or the N81 as a alternative

• 2 weeks later...
Does SCT offer service to Tanger in Deer Park on Sundays?

I could see NICE service to Tanger express from LIRR stations doing well on Weekends.

Suffolk does not have much Sunday Service, I think they only do during the summer in the Hamptons. I'm not sure how a Tanger Express would work, The outlet is close to the Deer Park LIRR Station.

I would explore the idea of coach bus service into Manhattan (at least during rush hours) to bring people to and from work in the city.

That would only work if they could do it cheaper than the LIRR (that probably wouldn't be too hard to do)

I think it could be done cheaper than the LIRR, I googled beeline last night and their fare is $7.50 and will not take unlimited ride metro cards. I haven't looked at the scheduled to determine the miles and compare it to Nassau, but it seems like a viable option.

People may be looking for a cheaper alternative.

I also think service to & from Wall St. would be a big hit. Even if it rivaled a LIRR fare I feel many people would ride these coaches to avoid penn station and having to take the subway. Think about how apealing that would be, sit down on a bus in Nassau County and not have to get up until you get downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

Shame how I lost the post above... Here is a repost + additional "fantasy" routes...

Top 5 routes I'd implement for niceBUS:

n4L: Same routing as current n4 however operates Limited and only serving major transfer points and stops with moderate to high boarding/alighting levels.

n19L: Along with the n19, both gets cut back to Amityville to save revenue, however the n19L will only serve major transfer points and stops with moderate to high boarding/alighting levels.

n20L: Same routing as the n20, however skips all points east of Glen Cove Road and operates express via Glen Cove Road and LIE ~or~ Jericho Turnpike and Marginal Road.

n64L: Completely new route, running from Hicksville and having the same route as the n22X east of the Roosevelt Field, however this bus runs to Queens Center Mall - Rego Park via Glen Cove Road. and LIE w/ stops at Marathon Parkway @ Douglaston, 188th St. @ Fresh Meadows, Main St. @ Flushing, 108th St. @ Forest Hills/Rego Park and Junction Blvd. @ Rego Park on the Horace Harding Expwy. This will make access to LGA Airport easier and for people to access Queens west of the Van Wyck easier.

n72L: Originates from the Deer Park Tanger Outlets - Grand Blvd. - Long Island Ave. - Conklin St. and on regular run on Route 24 to HTC.

Additional Fantasy:

n67X [Oyster Bay <-> Manhattan]

n67X to Oyster Bay via LIE to Community Drive / via Northern Blvd. / via Glen Cove Ave. / via Forest Ave. / Buckramn & Oyster Bay Road and ending at Main St. & South St.

n68X [Jericho <-> Manhattan]

n68X to Jericho Quad via LIE to Roosevelt Field Mall / via Old Country Road / Route 106-107 and ending at Jericho Quad.

i was going to say make an n4L but then again i personally dont think that Freeport to jamaica is too far

but the stops are:

Freeport LIRR

Grand Avenue/Merrick Road Baldwin

Park Avenue/Merrick Road RVC

5 corners/Merrick Road

Rockaway Ave/Merrick Road

Central Ave.

Hook Creek BL(CITY LINE)

Springfield BL/Merrick

Farmers Bl./Merrick

Baisley Bl.

Linden Bl/Merrick

Liberty Bl.Merrick

Parsons/Archer Jamaica Center

• 1 month later...

No posts in a while...

n52 Merrick - Syosset

Originates at Merrick LIRR

East on sunrise hwy

North on Wantagh av to Hicksville via n73 (n52 replaces n73)

East on Woodbury Rd

North on south oyster bay road

Ends at Syosset LIRR

Archived