552 will no longer serve AC Rail Terminal

mfs NJT459

There isn't a stop, but many stops.....ppl board also. A military vehicle follows the bus to make sure no one thats not suppose to get off doesn't get off.

Hold up so you mean that tacky strip mall is worth putting on a destination sign? Like B35 I always assumed they were talking bout the transit center. They should have just put via WRTC that would make more sense IMO. But our dest. sign ppl are lazy ppl.

1st part: beat me to it.. there are quite a few stops, as you know

but I didn't know about the military vehicle following the bus thing... never paid attention to that....

2nd part: word... that's the worst suppression of any destination signage of any route I've ever ridden..... and for a strip mall of such low magnitude?? crazy stuff....

What do the short turn 409's read ? Does it just say Burlington... I only take the ones to Trenton, since I gotta get back to NYC... lol...

But our dest. sign ppl are lazy ppl.

Please don't get me started on how screwed up some of the signs are!

Like the 129 to New York that says "via Secaucus Plz". It should read "via Union City" nobody going to NY gives a s**t if the bus goes past that strip mall.

Lately whoever is doing the editing is just lazy. Some of the signs for 165,167,191 and a couple other have this small route number in the front because they tried to squeeze in so much crap, because they don't want it to flip a couple times. It looks so unprofessional

1st part: beat me to it.. there are quite a few stops, as you know

but I didn't know about the military vehicle following the bus thing... never paid attention to that....

But then what's the point in kicking people off the bus? The #317 goes from Asbury Park to Philadelphia, so it's perfectly logical that somebody would be going between those two points and the bus just so happens to pass by a millitary base.

Please don't get me started on how screwed up some of the signs are!

Like the 129 to New York that says "via Secaucus Plz". It should read "via Union City" nobody going to NY gives a s**t if the bus goes past that strip mall.

Lately whoever is doing the editing is just lazy. Some of the signs for 165,167,191 and a couple other have this small route number in the front because they tried to squeeze in so much crap, because they don't want it to flip a couple times. It looks so unprofessional

So it's not just me that thinks the way the "165fx" & the "167Q" is displayed on the destination signage as tiny as they are, looks so tacky & unprofessional....

The short-turn 409 sign reads "Burlington".

Good lookin out... thanks.

You've been some help thus far.

But then what's the point in kicking people off the bus? The #317 goes from Asbury Park to Philadelphia, so it's perfectly logical that somebody would be going between those two points and the bus just so happens to pass by a millitary base.

Don't take this as an insult, but you remind me of Brainy Smurf w/ the way you analyze things & come to form opinions the way you do.....

Anyway, you're asking the wrong person as to why they have such a policy in place.....

B35 you shot out son lmfao!

Just because someone pays to ride between Asbury Park & Philadelphia don't mean they going to get off in Philly. As crazy as it may sound a lot ppl pay to go to this place but get off because something came up or just because.

Lemme ask you something. Would you want some strange person who ain't even part of the Military or have some family member in it roaming around in a place with very sensitive weapons and government data? As much as its annoying I rather them know who's getting off in such place. And check everyone else just so they have a count of how many ppl that's getting off, anyone extra getting off was not counted for and is a threat.

So it's not just me that thinks the way the "165fx" & the "167Q" is displayed on the destination signage as tiny as they are, looks so tacky & unprofessional....

Everytime I see the 195 I want to slap the person who programs the signs:

7137b.jpg

I have never seen any other transit company have buses out there with the signs so screwed up in editing and spelling. I love the 139 Union HIL Express.

Just because someone pays to ride between Asbury Park & Philadelphia don't mean they going to get off in Philly. As crazy as it may sound a lot ppl pay to go to this place but get off because something came up or just because.

Lemme ask you something. Would you want some strange person who ain't even part of the Military or have some family member in it roaming around in a place with very sensitive weapons and government data? As much as its annoying I rather them know who's getting off in such place. And check everyone else just so they have a count of how many ppl that's getting off, anyone extra getting off was not counted for and is a threat.

Well can't they have a shuttle for millitary personnel from a designated check point then streamline the 317 to make it faster?

Also what part of the 317 slows it down to make the trip 4 hours?? Is it fort dix?

Is there any way to streamline the route to make it 3 or 2.5 hours?

I don't see why the 317 needs to be streamlined. Outside of the occasional busfan, how many people are really riding the 317 from Asbury Park all the way to Philly? It's a long distance local line, just like the 313 or 315.

The only change I would make is to split the line with Howell. It would help Newton Av out to have a couple of extra MCIs if their NABIs keep getting "stolen" by Washington Twp.

I don't see why the 317 needs to be streamlined. Outside of the occasional busfan, how many people are really riding the 317 from Asbury Park all the way to Philly? It's a long distance local line, just like the 313 or 315.

The only change I would make is to split the line with Howell. It would help Newton Av out to have a couple of extra MCIs if their NABIs keep getting "stolen" by Washington Twp.

The 313/315 isn't the best comparison, I would imagine that there are Cape May-Philly passengers than Asbury/Point Pleasant-Philly passengers on the 317.

It might be a good idea to split the route in two, though, transfer at Ft Dix or Wrightstown.

The 313/315 isn't the best comparison, I would imagine that there are Cape May-Philly passengers than Asbury/Point Pleasant-Philly passengers on the 317.

It might be a good idea to split the route in two, though, transfer at Ft Dix or Wrightstown.

I doubt Ft. Dix is gonna allow any transferring there. And why make people who have a one seat ride now transfer. The 317 should stay the same but like I posted earlier it should be split with Howell. That last trip to from Philly eastbound should be a Howell run because it terminates at Lakewood and deadheads all the way back to Newton Av. (NJT) could save some DH money by spliting that route.

The 317 should stay the same but like I posted earlier it should be split with Howell. That last trip to from Philly eastbound should be a Howell run because it terminates at Lakewood and deadheads all the way back to Newton Av. (NJT) could save some DH money by spliting that route.

But then the Howell bus would have to DH to Philly for the last run. If you want the 317 to be shared with Howell, it will probably be a whole new schedule rewriting with split runs between Newton Ave and Howell Garages. I see where you are going with a split just like the 313/315 between Washington Twp and Egg Harbor Garages

But then the Howell bus would have to DH to Philly for the last run. If you want the 317 to be shared with Howell, it will probably be a whole new schedule rewriting with split runs between Newton Ave and Howell Garages. I see where you are going with a split just like the 313/315 between Washington Twp and Egg Harbor Garages

I pulled a "qjtransitmaster" and didn't look at the whole picture.:)

Looking at this again I don't know if you could split the 317 and still have the 2hr headways and not a ton of deadheading.

good point no sane person would use the full route. But don't you think a faster version of 317 should be considered like GSP to I-195 with stops at P&R lots for other routes then rte 537 to mt holly then all rte 38 stops to philly wouldn't that make sense?

You can try and devour very short 800 series lines to reduce DH joint it with veolia then split with howell via an express variant to create demand and improve rte 38 service while at it. The reason why you think I don't look at the whole picture is simply cause I am withholding the whole picture with incomplete ideas which aren't fully explained and must be chained to others in order to work.

Ok! The 317 will alwsys be 4hrs long. It's not a heavy ridership route. It's a local line that just happens to go through areas that don't need bus service. Leave it alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It's only a handfull that ride all the way to Asbury Park, why make those ppl xfer to another bus. It's stupid. Leave it the hell alone.

And also do what if Howell has to be the last bus to DH. Or if they have to DH 4hrs. Meadowlands has to DH 3hrs to Cape May in the summer.

No, I'm talking about A 3hr DH to Cape May with no pax.

I usually see Egg Harbor buses operating the 319 from AC to Wildwood/Cape May... (even if that same bus came from PABT). I would find Meadowlands buses DH to Cape May for the 319 Super Express during the Summer weekends

Don't take this as an insult, but you remind me of Brainy Smurf w/ the way you analyze things & come to form opinions the way you do.....

Anyway, you're asking the wrong person as to why they have such a policy in place.....

LOL! Well, that's just my style. :P

I can see the point in having a car following the bus, and checking who gets off, but what's the point in bothering the passengers on the bus? If they get off, then yeah they're entering a millitary facility so they should be checked, but if they're just passing through, then I just don't see the point.

Lets say something happened then ppl would bitch well how come the person on the bus wasn't checked. You know how these times are since 911.

Obviously the 317 is wanted there to get those there, it's saving the facility money by having njt send a bus other then have the base waste there gas to shuttle ppl to the base.

And one simple fact. Without going through ft.dix the 317 would be 5hrs easy, from what a fellow newton driver told me.

Archived