New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I pretty much travel the full length of my borough. At one end, I terminate along a street named after a state, and at the other end, I terminate by a major subway station. I was recently given a limited during rush hour.

If this is the B82, it doesn't terminate along pennsylvania, it terminates on seaview.......

I'll post another once since there isn't one at the moment:

I was cut during during the June 2010 cuts due to low ridership. When I used to run, I connected a residential neighborhood with a major business district, with a 3.2 mile nonstop portion in between. Former riders are now forced to walk at least half a mile, or take a bus, to get to the nearest subway station, and then do even more additional walking after exiting the subway depending on their final destination. Although I use the same route in both directions in the residential area that I serve, besides for the turn around, my nonstop portion partially used a different route in the AM than in the PM. Who am I?

Damn, I forgot that it terminates by a loop on Seaview. BTW, that looks like a pretty sharp turn into that turnaround loop.

That's what threw me off, to tell the truth.... when I first saw that riddle earlier on this afternoon, I initially said "could be the 82, but that ends on seaview".... I wasn't even thinking about pennsylvania av b/c I was in "think of terminals only mode" (don't know how else to describe it)....

Some buses do layover on penn. just short of seaview though....

Hmm, maybe on the map the loop looks that way.....

But standing on street level, b/o's just make that left turn onto the loop w/ no trouble at all..... well, at least they make it look easy anyway....

I was cut during during the June 2010 cuts due to low ridership. When I used to run, I connected a residential neighborhood with a major business district, with a 3.2 mile nonstop portion in between. Former riders are now forced to walk at least half a mile, or take a bus, to get to the nearest subway station, and then do even more additional walking after exiting the subway depending on their final destination. Although I use the same route in both directions in the residential area that I serve, besides for the turn around, my nonstop portion partially used a different route in the AM than in the PM. Who am I?

sounds like the astoria route, QM22.....

Something tells me it's the X90. ;)

That's what threw me off, to tell the truth.... when I first saw that riddle earlier on this afternoon, I initially said "could be the 82, but that ends on seaview".... I wasn't even thinking about pennsylvania av b/c I was in "think of terminals only mode" (don't know how else to describe it)....

Some buses do layover on penn. just short of seaview though....

Hmm, maybe on the map the loop looks that way.....

But standing on street level, b/o's just make that left turn onto the loop w/ no trouble at all..... well, at least they make it look easy anyway....

Yeah, the MTA lists the terminal at Pennsylvania & Seaview, so I just went off that and assumed it terminated along Pennsylvania.

It looks like it's just a matter of just turning the wheel left as soon as you pull out, since it's not that wide a street, but it's still a little bit intimidating to make a left turn from the right lane. I guess if buses manage to make a U-turn at the city line on the Riverdale routes, they can make that turn into the loop.

I guess if buses manage to make a U-turn at the city line on the Riverdale routes, they can make that turn into the loop.

Even better, the loop inside mermaid bus loop.

You just gave me another idea for another list to work on.....

Correct.

alright, cool....

I'll pass... Someone else can post a riddle.

I've been posting a lot of riddles lately, but since you passed...

My route has changed over time. Before, I used to run through a major destination on separate streets depending on which way I was headed, even though both of them were two ways. The MTA only recently changed my northbound routing so that I now use the same two way street in both directions. Another change has been having my route shifted only slightly due to a pedestrian plaza. I pass through a circle and pass by a sports stadium.

• 2 months later...

Screw it I'll post one

I run between a park and a highway

I am a Queens route

The two routes I terminate with on my western end come from the same depot as me. Funny because way back when, we all didn't come from the same depot

Along my route, I serve 3 subway stations and a LIRR station

I am a route that stops above the last stop on the 4 train (brooklyn side). This other route and I come from the same depot and I've been using RTS's longer then anyone else. What route am I?

Well, there's only 3 routes that serve the last stop on the (4), and only 2 are from the same depot.

I'm guessing the B17.

Guest MTA Bus

I'm a Queens route that runs from a major transportation hub to a major street that's really close to a highway. One of my terminals is near my home depot and an major airport.

Archived