New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh okay. I'll go

I am too overcrowded rush hours , given the crappy headways I have. Even the two express bus routes in my area are more frequent. Isn't that sad. I'm not a fail, but my headways are. With a bus route not so far away that ends in the same number, runs parallel to my northern portion. This bus also operates 2.33 times more frequent than me AM rush hours and 2.49 times more frequent than me. This other bus also ending in the same number as me is an alternative when I'm not running.

Who is me, the crappy headways bus?

Who is he, the better bus with better headways?

Who is he, my alternative?

Oh okay. I'll go

I am too overcrowded rush hours , given the crappy headways I have. Even the two express bus routes in my area are more frequent. Isn't that sad. I'm not a fail, but my headways are. With a bus route not so far away that ends in the same number, runs parallel to my northern portion. This bus also operates 2.33 times more frequent than me AM rush hours and 2.49 times more frequent than me. This other bus also ending in the same number as me is an alternative when I'm not running.

The Q21

The Q11

The Q41

Reply in red.

Oh okay. I'll go

I am too overcrowded rush hours , given the crappy headways I have. Even the two express bus routes in my area are more frequent. Isn't that sad. I'm not a fail, but my headways are.

With a bus route not so far away that ends in the same number, runs parallel to my northern portion. This bus also operates 2.33 times more frequent than me AM rush hours and 2.49 times more frequent than me.

This other bus also ending in the same number as me is an alternative when I'm not running.

....By the way the third bus operates for the same operating hours of the first bus.

Don't exactly know what you mean when you say this...

Are you trying to say both routes have the same start & end times, or are you trying to say both routes run for the same amount of hours?

--------------------

To tell the truth, I'm just thinking of routes that end in the same number that run in the same area...

All that about 2.33x & 2.49x, nobody's gonna bother trying to figure out......

- Who is me, the crappy headways bus? Q38

- Who is he, the better bus with better headways? Q88

- Who is he, my alternative? Q58

To tell the truth, I'm just thinking of routes that end in the same number that run in the same area...

- Who is me, the crappy headways bus? Q38

- Who is he, the better bus with better headways? Q88

- Who is he, my alternative? Q58

You have the correct route with crappy headways, the two others are reverse of each other, the Q88 is the alternative while the Q58 is the paralleler of the Q38's northern portion and has better headways than it, although te Q88 also fits that criteria, it only parallels easy of QCM, whereas the Q58 parallels the whole northern sections

Pass or go?

Don't exactly know what you mean when you say this...

Are you trying to say both routes have the same start & end times, or are you trying to say both routes run for the same amount or running hours.

I meant to say similar runtimes. The Q88 runs about 45 minutes more than the Q38.

I meant to say similar runtimes. The Q88 runs about 45 minutes more than the Q38.

You have the correct route with crappy headways, the two others are reverse of each other, the Q88 is the alternative while the Q58 is the paralleler of the Q38's northern portion and has better headways than it, although te Q88 also fits that criteria, it only parallels easy of QCM, whereas the Q58 parallels the whole northern sections

Pass or go?

Oh, alright... Gotcha.....

Guess I'll go.

If QJT doesn't stop talking about extending me through a barricade, I'ma run him over !

(kidding.... but +1rep if anyone knows what I'm referencing with this)

Alright, here's the real riddle I want y'all to guess on:

Jusst the two of us... we can make it if we tryyyyyyy, just the 2 of usssss.... just-tha-2-of-us!

.....Except I am the least popular of the two, by far....

For all practical purposes, we have the same northern terminal....

We serve the same subway corridors; running 1 subway station away from each other (not counting the subway station we terminate at) .... We both run above RR trackage... We both run in the same parts of our borough, but yet, I'm the quieter one & that other one is more extraverted (lol)..... Well at least I don't have to bother with that headache of running to that major destination that other one does, because I end at a residential neighborhood just above it....... But I do got something up on the other route though.....

....aaaaand they're off.

Who am I ?

Guess I'll go.

If QJT doesn't stop talking about extending me through a barricade, I'ma run him over !

To my recollection it was the Q104. It kept being brought up a lot.

Jusst the two of us... we can make it if we tryyyyyyy, just the 2 of usssss.... just-tha-2-of-us!

We serve the same subway corridors; running 1 subway station away from each other (not counting the subway station we terminate at) .... We both run above RR trackage... We both run in the same parts of our borough, but yet, I'm the quieter one & that other one is more extraverted (lol)..... Well at least I don't have to bother with that headache of running to that major destination that other one does, because I end at a residential neighborhood just above it....... But I do got something up on the other route though.....

....aaaaand they're off.

Who am I ?

The only routes that crossed my mind were the B1 & B4

Guess I'll go.

....aaaaand they're off.

Who am I ?

On the QJT part... Minus the barricade part, Any route that QJT wants to extend, it's buses want to run over him lol!

On your real riddle: I'm sorry I have no clue...

To my recollection it was the Q104. It kept being brought up a lot.

The only routes that crossed my mind were the B1 & B4

Yes to the QJT part....

No to the real riddle....

On the QJT part... Minus the barricade part, Any route that QJT wants to extend, it's buses want to run over him lol!

lmao !

Guess I'll go.

....aaaaand they're off.

Who am I ?

Well, Turbo beat me to the first one.

For the second one, well, we're looking for two routes that generally travel north-south, with the northern terminal being at or near the same subway station. Then for the southern terminal, one terminates at a major destination (maybe a mall) while the other terminates in a residential neighborhood. You mentioned that they run one stop away from each other, and they serve subway corridors (plural), which suggests that both routes are more grid routes than feeder routes. (So it probably wouldn't be in say, Eastern Queens)

It could be the Q10 & Q37. Both cross over the LIRR tracks, both have a northern terminal at Kew Gardens. The Q10 terminates at JFK (and sees more usage), whereas the Q37 just terminates in South Ozone Park, but the Q37 serves the Racino (unlike the Q10)

Pass.

Guest Charles

Well, Turbo beat me to the first one.

For the second one, well, we're looking for two routes that generally travel north-south, with the northern terminal being at or near the same subway station. Then for the southern terminal, one terminates at a major destination (maybe a mall) while the other terminates in a residential neighborhood. You mentioned that they run one stop away from each other, and they serve subway corridors (plural), which suggests that both routes are more grid routes than feeder routes. (So it probably wouldn't be in say, Eastern Queens)

It could be the Q10 & Q37. Both cross over the LIRR tracks, both have a northern terminal at Kew Gardens. The Q10 terminates at JFK (and sees more usage), whereas the Q37 just terminates in South Ozone Park, but the Q37 serves the Racino (unlike the Q10)

Pass.

Yup, sounds just about right -- sounds like B35 dropped a hint with the last line there.

I thought the very last clue was a dead giveaway; *and they're off* is how announcers announce the beginning of horse races.....

horse > aqueduct > Q37... yeah.

--------------------------

Since you pass.....

People want to run artics on me, people think I should be split, people want me to have limited service, some have even suggested SBS...

One thing's for sure, I am notorious for bunching..... At one of my terminals I end alongside a playground; RR trackage exists a couple yards behind (1/2 block or so).... My other terminal I used to share with another route, but now I have it all to myself....

Who am I ?

Actually, the thing about the Racino didn't help too much. I was looking for subway routes that run east-west, and the ones in Brooklyn didn't really make sense, so I figured it had to be the QBL. And the Q10/37 were the only routes I could think of that really run south of QB in a grid-like pattern.

Anyway, that was a good riddle.

As for the other riddle, I want to say the Q60, but AFAIK, it's the only route that ever terminated by that part of South Jamaica. Unless you're talking about the Manhattan terminal, and they moved the Q101 terminal a block away or something.

Hmmm, long, unreliable routes without a limited that end near railroad tracks. I'll have to think about this.... (unless that's the answer, in which case I pass again).

Correct. It's the Q60.....

===========================

1) I am a feeder route who's main purpose is to take riders to one subway line..... One of my terminals, I terminate with 2 other bus routes - with both of those routes having the same terminal on both ends.... My other terminal - Well, if you like reading, I'm your bus......

Who am I ?

I run from a RR station to an industrial park.... I have a weekday counterpart that some people wanted to combine with a route that has now been replaced with a branch of another route.....

Who am I ?

Guest Charles

Correct. It's the Q60.....

===========================

1) I am a feeder route who's main purpose is to take riders to one subway line..... One of my terminals, I terminate with 2 other bus routes - with both of those routes having the same terminal on both ends.... My other terminal - Well, if you like reading, I'm your bus......

Who am I ?

2) I run from a RR station to an industrial park.... I have a weekday counterpart that some people wanted to combine with a route that has now been replaced with a branch of another route.....

Who am I ?

Nothing's coming up for #1, but I'm thinking Q25 for #2? (the 34/14 combination was a hot topic)

Archived