Woman accuses Good Day NY Co-Host Greg Kelly and son of police comissioner, of "raping her"

Shortline Bus

“Good Day New York” co-host Greg Kelly — son of Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly — was a no-show on the program Thursday morning after reports that a Manhattan woman had accused him of rape.

The woman told cops she had drinks with Kelly, 43, at the South Street Seaport Oct. 8 before he sexually assaulted her in the law office where she worked, sources said.

The accuser, who is around 30, did not report the alleged assault until Tuesday night, when she walked into the 13th Precinct stationhouse and gave her account, sources said.

Cops interviewed the woman, but because of the conflict created by probing the commissioner’s son, they quickly turned the case over to the office of Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr."

Woman accuses Greg Kelly, son of police comissioner, of raping her

This puts Fox/Ch.5 in an akward position as they have surprassed PIX/Ch.11 for most watched local Morning newsshow in the NYC area. If they(the station) suspend or even fire Kelly for the rest of the case and it turns out later this woman was lying, they have a big pay day to give him.

On other hand, if the police as they have done began a serious probe into this accused incident, you have to take it serious also. This is a charge that could ruin a celebrity carrer i.e Kobe Bryant so this is a story to watch.

Is there a chance Greg Kelly raped her? Of course? Remember guys prior to his media carrer he was a member of the military as a fighter pilot. With that said, while it early why did this accuser wait over 3 months to file charges? At least in the Kobe Bryant case, the charges was filled within 2 weeks of the sexual encounter with the accuser.

Right now it looks like from reading the blogs on Daily News and other NYC sites, that majority of New Yorkers think this was 'consenual sex' between Kelly and this woman and that she wants a payday. We shall see.

That guy is such a doofus. I could see him having an affair, but not raping someone. SOunds very fishy to me.

Did people see Chris Benoit as a murderer or Jeff Sandusky as a pedophile?

Instead of jumping to conclusions and smelling things that arent there, lets hear the evidence first.

And for the record, its common for rape victims to wait months, sometimes years prior to confronting their accuser. It complicates the case tenfold but its not out of some deviant decision to frame some random dude.

@ shortline, fox 5 just surpassed the CW11 am news show? They must've fallen on some bad times because I remember it doing at least much better than that. Maybe about as good as CBS-when they sucked.

Channel 11's news (both morning & evening) fell off hard...

Their modification to have the viewers "see the news as they (the news anchors) see it" has backfired on them... It appears very amateur-ish; news12 looks more professional....

Well this story which has gotten major citywide and regional attention, now takes a deeper turn. Mr. Kelly admits sleeping and having consesaual 'sexual intercourse' with the accuser. However he denies it was rape. Link below.

PS Also Guys. Wanted to ask a long debated questio related which is related a long time controversy in the media. Should the name of an accuser of rape/sexual assult be made public?

Greg Kelly claims 'flirtatious' text messages from rape accuser show their rendezvous was consensual and for a 'sexual purpose,' sources say - NY Daily News

I don't see that he raped her 2 reasons. 1 He is the Son Of the Commissioner of the NYPD, and 2 why would the accuser get pregnant and have an abbortion if it was his she could've proved everyone wrong but no bimbo her had an abbortion. I think this is just another publicity stunt like those women who went after hermain cane but if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

I don't see that he raped her 2 reasons. 1 He is the Son Of the Commissioner of the NYPD, and 2 why would the accuser get pregnant and have an abbortion if it was his she could've proved everyone wrong but no bimbo her had an abbortion. I think this is just another publicity stunt like those women who went after hermain cane but if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

LMAO... I don't know yet what to think, but if you were a woman and you were raped and impregnated, I doubt you would want the kid. Seeing the byproduct of that rape every day would not exactly be fun that's for sure. There are other ways that the truth can come out... DNA for starters... Forensic Science now and days is amazing...

LMAO... I don't know yet what to think, but if you were a woman and you were raped and impregnated, I doubt you would want the kid. Seeing the byproduct of that rape every day would not exactly be fun that's for sure. There are other ways that the truth can come out... DNA for starters... Forensic Science now and days is amazing...

Interesting and did she reveal herself yet in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived