I took the (full) 553 this past saturday, out to that walmart in upper deerfield....

If some dam RTS pulled up at AC, there's no way I would have taken it.... can't sit on no RTS for 125 minutes.....

But yeh, lol @ the pic...

hell yeh that has fail written all over it.... none of those 55_ routes should have RTS' runnin on em.... that's like back then when Spring Creek here had those raggedy O5 CNG's on the BM1-5......

Lol. B35 howd that trip go? I was working the 553 sat shoulda told me you was coming down.

@SirJoka Artics wouldnt work on the 553; If anything it should be a 45 ft mci only route. And lemme tell ya the complaints have been pouring in about those rts. May have to borrow from Howell again.

hell yeh that has fail written all over it.... none of those 55_ routes should have RTS' runnin on em.... that's like back then when Spring Creek here had those raggedy O5 CNG's on the BM1-5......

Worse...those 55x routes are a LOT longer.

Lol. B35 how'd that trip go?

I was working the 553 sat shoulda told me you was coming down.

t'was one of my better trips down in south jers.... I did the 139>559>553>410>409 (all, full route, except the 410.... I wanted to ride the full 553 this time, instead of gettin off in bridgeton & taking the full 410)....

gotta watch out for these lil jailbaiters out here... this one chick on the 553 try to talk to me... my mistake was tellin her how old I was first... when I told her I was from brooklyn, you should have saw how googly eyed she got; you'd have thought I was some celebrity or somethin..... But yeh, she said she was 23... I ask her what year were you born, she said "19, um, 92"... I said "ayo, what you mean um... and you know your math don't add up right"... she was like, I'm 23 love (with a saddened look on her face).... I then said "we in 2012 right now, not 2015" (this one guy in the paired seating opposite mine, chuckled).... Anyway, said broad got off 2-3 stops before we hit the bus terminal (vineland)....

the 410 was just some'n else.... when I got on by that gas station (opposite the wawa) there was like 2 ppl on it.... I dozed off a couple mins later, woke up somewhere along mantua pike, and the bus was PACKED, SRO... dudes was arguing over some bullshit; had most the bus laughing all the way to WRTC..... the driver was this older woman that reminded me of a lighter-skinned (and better looking) version of jackee harry (from that old show 227)....

I see the 409 has yet another question-raising destination sign...

It said the regular "trenton country plz"... but then it showed trenton grand market.... what the hell is that now????

But yeh famm, instead of asking you which trip(s) you worked that day, I'll just tell you what time I took the 553....

It was the 9:40am trip out of AC.... got to the walmart @ 11:05am...

Worse...those 55x routes are a LOT longer.

Obviously.

Apparently we are on a "shortage" of buses and there have been one scheduled rts running everyday. I saw 2 today n one was a sardine can.

This "shortage" would be alleviated if the dunces at NJT would send 25-30 more NABIs to Washington, Twp, and then Wash. Twp could bump about 15 MCIs to Egg Harbor. Egg Harbor got the lines that need the MCI's [552, 553, 559], and Wash. Twp can add the 406 to the Exact Fare line mix, I mean WTF is so special about Marlton Pike anyway? The 406 is about the same length as the 400/403 lines anyway, and this line could be more productive if the numbskulls at NJT would extend the route from Berlin to Lindenwold PATCO and capture a chunk of the reverse commute market to Rt. 73 in Voorhees and Berlin Twps., not to mention the new Virtua comples on Rt. 73.

It doesn't matter about the differences between a Transit or a Suburban NABI, Newton Ave mixes them up on their lines anyway.

BTW, they should do a route swap: Newton Ave gets the 406, while Wash. Twp gets the 455 to make deadheads easier.

t'was one of my better trips down in south jers.... I did the 139>559>553>410>409 (all, full route, except the 410.... I wanted to ride the full 553 this time, instead of gettin off in bridgeton & taking the full 410)....

gotta watch out for these lil jailbaiters out here... this one chick on the 553 try to talk to me... my mistake was tellin her how old I was first... when I told her I was from brooklyn, you should have saw how googly eyed she got; you'd have thought I was some celebrity or somethin..... But yeh, she said she was 23... I ask her what year were you born, she said "19, um, 92"... I said "ayo, what you mean um... and you know your math don't add up right"... she was like, I'm 23 love (with a saddened look on her face).... I then said "we in 2012 right now, not 2015" (this one guy in the paired seating opposite mine, chuckled).... Anyway, said broad got off 2-3 stops before we hit the bus terminal (vineland)....

the 410 was just some'n else.... when I got on by that gas station (opposite the wawa) there was like 2 ppl on it.... I dozed off a couple mins later, woke up somewhere along mantua pike, and the bus was PACKED, SRO... dudes was arguing over some bullshit; had most the bus laughing all the way to WRTC..... the driver was this older woman that reminded me of a lighter-skinned (and better looking) version of jackee harry (from that old show 227)....

I see the 409 has yet another question-raising destination sign...

It said the regular "trenton country plz"... but then it showed trenton grand market.... what the hell is that now????

But yeh famm, instead of asking you which trip(s) you worked that day, I'll just tell you what time I took the 553....

It was the 9:40am trip out of AC.... got to the walmart @ 11:05am...

Obviously.

Lol some of those girls are jailbait looking to old for they age. I had a girl "try spittin game" to me an she asked where im from n i said the bronx n she was word was good lmao. I tell alot of them older guys that get on the 553 you gota watch them girls.

The 410 will do that lol. You should see it on weekdays, and they have the nerve to throw nabis on it every now and then.

I left Millville round 9am, i started on Wade Blvd.

Grand Market is a shopping center on US130. My guess is you didnt see it? Lmao

I took the (full) 553 this past saturday, out to that walmart in upper deerfield....

If some dam RTS pulled up at AC, there's no way I would have taken it.... can't sit on no RTS for 125 minutes.....

But yeh, lol @ the pic...

LOL I guess I wasn't the only one that hated those damn CNGs. I used to get pissed when they had them on the BM3. I would let them pass and wait for an another BM3 that had an MCI. The seats are horrible on those buses and would kill my back, not to mention that at my height, there is absolutely no leg room in those two seaters, which meant I could only sit on select seats. I sure as heck will not miss those. This is why you make sure that you have enough of a certain fleet and don't go buying smaller buses, otherwise you have epic failures like this one with the 553.

LOL I guess I wasn't the only one that hated those damn CNGs. I used to get pissed when they had them on the BM3. I would let them pass and wait for an another BM3 that had an MCI. The seats are horrible on those buses and would kill my back, not to mention that at my height, there is absolutely no leg room in those two seaters, which meant I could only sit on select seats. I sure as heck will not miss those. This is why you make sure that you have enough of a certain fleet and don't go buying smaller buses, otherwise you have epic failures like this one with the 553.

That was my main problem w/ those buses; couldn't fit in the paired seats... well that, and god forbid you hit a bump somewhere along the line (especially on the gowanus); you felt every bit of it.... and also, sittin in the back seats of those O5 cng's subjected you to smelling exhaust (or w/e that was) and/or havin your behind fried; those seats were mad hot.... and I simply refuse to sit in those seats where you're facing the window.....

Lol some of those girls are jailbait looking to old for they age. I had a girl "try spittin game" to me an she asked where im from n i said the bronx n she was word was good lmao. I tell alot of them older guys that get on the 553 you gota watch them girls.

The 410 will do that lol. You should see it on weekdays, and they have the nerve to throw nabis on it every now and then.

I left Millville round 9am, i started on Wade Blvd.

Grand Market is a shopping center on US130. My guess is you didnt see it? Lmao

I probably saw it (the shopping ctr.) before, just aint know the name of it.... lol... but it was the first time I saw that 'trenton grand market' on the destination sign of the 409 though....

but dam, we were both heading towards AC 'round that time... just from different directions.... there's no way I could've caught your run....

they actually have nabi's on the 410? I can only imagine how crowded those routes get on a weekday, if the 410 I got on was packed on a saturday.....

maybe this weekend I'll head down to S. Jersey again, I like the rides down there... for now, I'm kinda sick of embarking on the oradell routes out of PABT (and those rude ass asians tryna sneak/skip their way past you in line) & taking the routes out of GWB..... I wanna tackle some of those other 40_ routes heading towards philly... I mean, the 551 is cool, but I've taken that enough... lol...

the 410 was just some'n else.... when I got on by that gas station (opposite the wawa) there was like 2 ppl on it.... I dozed off a couple mins later, woke up somewhere along mantua pike, and the bus was PACKED, SRO...

Sounds like more short turns are needed...

maybe this weekend I'll head down to S. Jersey again, I like the rides down there... for now, I'm kinda sick of embarking on the oradell routes out of PABT (and those rude ass asians tryna sneak/skip their way past you in line) & taking the routes out of GWB..... I wanna tackle some of those other 40_ routes heading towards philly... I mean, the 551 is cool, but I've taken that enough... lol...

try either the 408 or the 406

Probably.... but then again, there are a couple other routes that run between woodbury & camden...

Maybe that 410 I was on, just happened to be the bus that arrived first that picked up all those pax...

553 & MarkD can shed far more insight (on adding more short turns) than I can....

I was thinking about this topic today and there is an easy solution to the problem.

Split the 559 with Howell and use the surplus MCIs on the 553. Outside of the rush hour the majority of Howell's equipment and drivers sit idle. There is no reason why the 559 can't be split. It would also end the interlining between the 553 and 559 that causes both those lines to run late.

@B35 the 401&410 is the two sro routes via Woodbury&Camden while the 402&412 no one wants. 402 is a rush hour only route so i cant even count that lol. But yeah they do throw nabis on it smh.

410 already has short turns in Mullica Hill(1 sb pm bus & 1 nb bus starting there) & Mantua(every other bus SB)but buses still get packed, im telling you dont wana be anywhere near those 4 exp am trips out of bridgeton.

@Bz i say that all the time; the 559 needs to be split with Howell, they have too many buses sitting. We borrow some of there cts every now and then but the 553 interlining with the 559 needs to end, it hurts the 553 badly.

You know i heard a rumor floating around about a bunch of buses coming back.

.You know i heard a rumor floating around about a bunch of buses coming back.

I heard that from one of the Meadowlands guys. But the question is does NJT want to spend the money bringing these buses up to "NJT Standards"? The only contract MCIs that are really taken care of is Lakeland, TransBridge and DeCamp's. From what you told me Academy's is questionable and we won't even go into the Coach USA units!

And those two buses that Carefree has.....you don't even see those things!

- Good point about howell & having the 559 run out of it... of the times I've passed by that depot, you do see a lot of MCI's sittin about.... the grunt of their in-service buses go to the 139 anyway; esp. on weekends....

....and why does the 128 north bergen route run out of howell (of all places)? that route's split with like 2 or 3 other depots IINM....

- smfh @ interlining the 553 with the 559.... that is exactly what happened with the 553 I took this past saturday; bus #8279 pulled in (from the dropoff area @ AC) initially with the 559 atlantic city signage, then the b/o changed it to the 553 upper deerfield signage....

B35 the 401&410 is the two sro routes via Woodbury&Camden while the 402&412 no one wants.

ahh, so that's what it is.... gotcha...

I would not be surprised if NJT started grabbing from the other contract lines.

lol if I see a coach usa bus pull up as a 137 toms river... or a lakeland pull up as a 319 atlantic city via toms river, I'm done !

I never understood why Howell has a few 128 runs, since Howell is nowhere near the routing of the 128; thats like having some 317 runs based out of Meadowlands.

I would rather take back buses if some of these companies are just going to run them into the ground. I say spend the money to get back in tip top shape an send them where buses are needed for better service. We could use an extra 15-20 buses along with Washington Twp.

Hell we was suppose to have cls 7170-7176 but Meadowland cried. They dont even need all them cls for the 319 since we do most of the 319s.

Or a takeover of the CARTS in cumberland take their garage thus eliminating or extremely cutting down on DH time especially for 410. as a compromise 408 &410 instead of DH they furfill demand response for southern areas of cumberland bringing more efficient use of buses and NJT funds. The Carts is an NJT funded service by the county who runs the landis ave shuttle.

@B35 the 401&410 is the two sro routes via Woodbury&Camden while the 402&412 no one wants. 402 is a rush hour only route so i cant even count that lol. But yeah they do throw nabis on it smh.

410 already has short turns in Mullica Hill(1 sb pm bus & 1 nb bus starting there) & Mantua(every other bus SB)but buses still get packed, im telling you dont wana be anywhere near those 4 exp am trips out of bridgeton.

@Bz i say that all the time; the 559 needs to be split with Howell, they have too many buses sitting. We borrow some of there cts every now and then but the 553 interlining with the 559 needs to end, it hurts the 553 badly.

You know i heard a rumor floating around about a bunch of buses coming back.

So the 401/410 get all the peeps but 412 gets zip?? Isn't the 412's routing to blame here?

Archived