What bus would you order?

(Let's pretend) Mike Setzer came up to you asked your opinion on wether NICE should go with Orion for the new buses this summer, or... What bus would you pick to come into Nassau County?

I'd probably go with C40LF (if they had enough parts to build them after the (MTA) order) or go with MTS.

I'll say that in the name of money, once Gillig gets its CNG buses going well and it's proven---I would go with Gillig. I know that I'll probably get flamed a bit because of Gillig's reputation and that under LIB, the 500-series Gilligs weren't too good, but they have come a long way.

The 1700s and 1800s should stay---but I'd open up replacements for the 1500s and 1600s to sealed competitive bids and pick the low bid.

• 3 months later...

True, but wouldn't you think Veolia has a good business relationship with bus builders around the world?

They do which is why NABI is not out of the equation. The new CNG model for DART is state of the art, and the Metro 45C would do for the routes that will not support Artics. They also would add capacity during rush hours, and Veolia is using NABI in Vegas as well as Phoenix (where I drove a Compobus) best thing on the streets.

Archived