Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because this whole setup is hilarious, right? Imagine if they split up your n6 and you had to wait somewhere in the middle of the route for some dumb amount of time with the promise your trip would be faster. Amazing how some people swallow that bulls**t. NICE sucks.

No need for NICE examples.

I remember when they created the n6x, the express would carry "all the riders" between Hempstead and 179th Street and so that would "leave room" on the local buses for everyone else. And what happened was that the X in n6x meant "no passengers" because the locals and rush hour n1s were PACKED and FLAGGING and the Expresses were Empty, since NICE clearly had no clue about the route's ridership.

Then for whatever reason they slowly added stops in the least busiest order. Meacham Ave, then Westminster Rd, then Franklin Ave? LMAO, THEN Elmont Rd/Springfield Blvd? (I forgot which order between those two) And they still left out Locustwood Blvd and Hillside & Francis Lewis.

Springfield Blvd, Elmont Rd and Franklin Ave were the busiest intermediate stops on the N6L (Not including the subway).

It is certainly NO surprise why ridership dropped.

Theres no need to make a LTD bus route on NICE. ..since those buses are quite fast. ..but some may work like on the n22/24 and the ex n20 as they bypass wasting time points. (RFM , Great Neck or Roslyn)

Is like the q20 and q44...the q20 is more quicker than the q44 because it receives less passengers counts and it run . Fast as well as it doesn't stay stuck in flushing for quite a while (hate when the q44 does that)...to me a SBS on the q44 was a waste of money heck even the m15 is more quicker and is in Manhattan the borough with a semaphore at every block

Theres no need to make a LTD bus route on NICE. ..since those buses are quite fast. ..but some may work like on the n22/24 and the ex n20 as they bypass wasting time points. (RFM , Great Neck or Roslyn)

Is like the q20 and q44...the q20 is more quicker than the q44 because it receives less passengers counts and it run . Fast as well as it doesn't stay stuck in flushing for quite a while (hate when the q44 does that)...to me a SBS on the q44 was a waste of money heck even the m15 is more quicker and is in Manhattan the borough with a semaphore at every block

Use the Q44 SBS then come back to me. It is much faster due to the reduced dwell times and it is an excellent interborough route unlike the disaster that is the Q50 The Q44 to bx5 got me to my destination faster due to the shenanigans the Q50 pulls. Isn't this a LI NICE thread?

Edited by Lordsaitamaboss

No need for NICE examples.

I remember when they created the n6x, the express would carry "all the riders" between Hempstead and 179th Street and so that would "leave room" on the local buses for everyone else. And what happened was that the X in n6x meant "no passengers" because the locals and rush hour n1s were PACKED and FLAGGING and the Expresses were Empty, since NICE clearly had no clue about the route's ridership.

Then for whatever reason they slowly added stops in the least busiest order. Meacham Ave, then Westminster Rd, then Franklin Ave? LMAO, THEN Elmont Rd/Springfield Blvd? (I forgot which order between those two) And they still left out Locustwood Blvd and Hillside & Francis Lewis.

Springfield Blvd, Elmont Rd and Franklin Ave were the busiest intermediate stops on the N6L (Not including the subway).

It is certainly NO surprise why ridership dropped.

That's not a split similar to the n20, and the n6 still retains it's express (although very similar to the MTA Limited) runs. And the ridership dropping is no surprise, which is why it's expected to happen on the n20 due to numerous defects in their plans already mentioned on this forum.

That's not a split similar to the n20, and the n6 still retains it's express (although very similar to the MTA Limited) runs. And the ridership dropping is no surprise, which is why it's expected to happen on the n20 due to numerous defects in their plans already mentioned on this forum.

The defects of the N20 split can be offset by the improved reliability.

From what I understand, they have this (rather stupid IMO, but it's been around since the LIB days) policy that transfers must be between routes that intersect. So even if you just had to walk a few blocks from the n4X to the n22, it doesn't count as a transfer.

Transfers are not accepted from one Nassau route to another in Jamaica(i.e. N6 to/from N22,N4 to/from N6,etc. This has always been the policy.

There's nothing "reliable" about NICE. This will cause ridership to drop like everything else NICE does.

NICE sucks more than ever.

The lawmaker hopefully was aware that her rescue bid would have probably put off the cuts for two years. So it wouldn't have solved the problem. Not to mention it would have taken that 7.5 million which should be saved encase I don't know, taxes don't bring in enough for a surplus or some other emergency, like we have another snowmageddon like we had last yer or a worse natural disaster. 

Unless you can bring in money, you can't just throw money at the problem just because you have it.

There were an entire thread dedicated to discussing the bus route cuts and whatnot. Why, out of all threads, did you decide to post that in here? That is NOT a random thought.

Probably because people were active at the time on this thread and therefore would see it as soon as it was posted. People who want people to see something are going to post it where they think people would see it as soon as they post it, in stead of posting it somewhere where it may not bee seen for days/weeks/months/ etc, no matter if its related to the topic at hand.

Though of course there is the possibility that he accidentally posted it in the wrong thread.

Probably because people were active at the time on this thread and therefore would see it as soon as it was posted. People who want people to see something are going to post it where they think people would see it as soon as they post it, in stead of posting it somewhere where it may not bee seen for days/weeks/months/ etc, no matter if its related to the topic at hand.

Though of course there is the possibility that he accidentally posted it in the wrong thread.

Both threads were active at the time, and this one isn't pinned anymore, so it wouldn't have made a difference. Just trying to keep the discussion organized here so that we get the most out of the ideas shared.