Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Well, if business went down, it went down by 4 people lol

LOL the exaggeration reminds me when Pinepower would take a video of a bus with 15-20 people on it (sometimes with NO standees) and be like "look how crowded this bus is! They treat us like cattle!!" lol And it was just funny because some n6 trips have like 60 people on board, three times as many people.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Needless to say, if I ever saw you doing it in front of me, or pretending to work for NICE, I'd certainly call the police. Since you didn't post the photo here, I assume this is the bus that got stuck courtesy of a public Facebook group:

7CWbIxN.jpg

Good use of our tax dollars on PinePowerLI am I right?

Well, thank you for keeping us informed.

I wouldn't get arrested because my NYPD friend gave me "Get out of Jail Pass."

LOL the exaggeration reminds me when Pinepower would take a video of a bus with 15-20 people on it (sometimes with NO standees) and be like "look how crowded this bus is! They treat us like cattle!!" lol And it was just funny because some n6 trips have like 60 people on board, three times as many people.

Five years ago, 60 people on all but a few trips was a thing.

Edited by Joel Up Front

PinePowerLI doesn't like people. That's the reason he's still alone.

that and NICE is out of the NYPD's jurisdiction anyway and the nassau PD could care less. So yeah there is that. Next.

If there wasn't the language barrier, I would have just thrown an insult at FamousNYLover's statement.

Famous I don't think A) that would hold up outside of NYPD jurisdiction (IE.The five boroughs) and B) I don't think that would stop you from being arrested for a felony like impersonating a police officer or some other official. That "Get out of jail pass" as you call it is, I believe, just for minor things like tickets or things like that. 

Needless to say, if I ever saw you doing it in front of me, or pretending to work for NICE, I'd certainly call the police. Since you didn't post the photo here, I assume this is the bus that got stuck courtesy of a public Facebook group:

7CWbIxN.jpg

Good use of our tax dollars on PinePowerLI am I right?

Well, thank you for keeping us informed.

Another professional NICE driver getting in that position.

To say much i can guess that prior to the budget cuts the n20 was the longest NICE bus or was that position handed to the n72

The 20 & the 22.

Ive seensome of those buses by Roslyn when i travel on the n20...i won't say they're gillig but Ford's or im mistaken

They're new if im also not mistaken here...i guess the best option is to check out the scheduling in the website of the municipality of north Hempstead

Has anyone seen the Gillig buses around the town of Hempstead and North Hempstead that have the town name printed on them? Does anyone know what they're for, or where they go/stop?

Ive seensome of those buses by Roslyn when i travel on the n20...i won't say they're gillig but Ford's or im mistaken

They're new if im also not mistaken here...i guess the best option is to check out the scheduling in the website of the municipality of north Hempstead

If their Ford's then maybe they are cutaways for some type of service for Seniors in the town. Most if not all the towns here in Suffolk has some type of bus service for Seniors. The Town of Brookhaven uses Ford Cutaways, I believe from Coach and Equipment, for their program which is called Silver Jitney. 

If their Ford's then maybe they are cutaways for some type of service for Seniors in the town. Most if not all the towns here in Suffolk has some type of bus service for Seniors. The Town of Brookhaven uses Ford Cutaways, I believe from Coach and Equipment, for their program which is called Silver Jitney. 

What? I've seen either 35 or 40 foot buses that look like a Gillig BRT or something traveling around the towns of Hempstead and North Hempstead, sometimes on the service road of the LIE. It wasn't a ford coach or anything like that. I'll see if I can contact the town and ask about what exactly they're for. Are you interested, if I can, in an answer being posted here?

That's senior citizen bus. I have seen it when I was at my favorite Pt. Washington Library, Roslyn Public Library, etc.

http://www.eacinc.org/port-washington-senior-community-service-center-2

Door-to-door transportation is available for residents of Port Washington, Sands Point, Roslyn, Old Westbury &  Greenvale. Professional staff offer

assistance with completing medical forms and make referrals for services such food stamps and financial counseling. The Center is open Monday through Friday from 9 to 4pm.

Laziness and the fact that nassau could care less.

Their probably going to take their time, especially since someone from NICE had said in Newsday that if they were to get the money the cut routes could be reinstated. If they went right out an took all the signs down it would show that the cuts would be permanent and the person lied. (Not to mention wasteful if they were telling the truth and reinstated the routes if they got the money)

What they are probably doing is waiting for like a month or two or whenever they think they are sure they won't be getting any money to reinstate them or that riders forgot what they said and most likely have found other ways of getting around, 

Or they could just say heck with it and just leave them up. Suffolk left a route sign up even though a route didn't serve it, not sure if it was an approved route change by the county also don't know if the sign is still up since they renovated the ambulance station the sign was on. Also Suffolk put up a bus sign a few years ago for a route that doesn't serve the stop, though again it goes towards that route change mentioned earlier. So it goes to show that route signs aren't seen as important.