Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Possible conspiracy and corruption. ..good thing he mentioned a girl on 1648 but not thr exact date and time that bus departed ...that mangano is capable of sending spies to keep mouthshut. ..i never stop looking at that map of 1975 and many buses that will be cut next month we're running at ease and with no problem

The problem is you need to prove conspiracy and corruption. Just because he isn't funding NICE the way everyone wants him to, doesn't mean there is a conspiracy or corruption.  

Why exactly do you think Mangano is capable of sending spies to keep someone's mouth shut?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never stop looking at that map of 1975 and many buses that will be cut next month we're running at ease and with no problem

We can't tell what was going on from a Map from 1975. All we can tell is that those routes existed. We don't know the headways, we don't know the hours of service and we don't know the ridership.

The problem is you need to prove conspiracy and corruption. Just because he isn't funding NICE the way everyone wants him to, doesn't mean there is a conspiracy or corruption.  

Why exactly do you think Mangano is capable of sending spies to keep someone's mouth shut?

They do not need reasons, they have no clue how much it costs taxpayers to run empty buses all day long. As to the " conspiracy and corruption" nonsense, they should do some real reading about Mr. Suozzi and his deals with Greg Meeks.

Possible conspiracy and corruption. ..good thing he mentioned a girl on 1648 but not thr exact date and time that bus departed ...that mangano is capable of sending spies to keep mouthshut. ..i never stop looking at that map of 1975 and many buses that will be cut next month we're running at ease and with no problem

They do not need reasons, they have no clue how much it costs taxpayers to run empty buses all day long. As to the " conspiracy and corruption" nonsense, they should do some real reading about Mr. Suozzi and his deals with Greg Meeks.

Conspiracy and corruption? Think about why the n80/81 wasn't reduced/eliminated back in April 2012 during the first round of service changes because of a backdoor deal between NICE and the late representative Peter Schmitt (R - Massapequa) who helped Mangano close the deal between Veolia and Nassau County.

Conspiracy and corruption? Think about why the n80/81 wasn't reduced/eliminated back in April 2012 during the first round of service changes because of a backdoor deal between NICE and the late representative Peter Schmitt (R - Massapequa) who helped Mangano close the deal between Veolia and Nassau County.

According to Wikipedia Schmitt passed away Oct 2012, why did they wait until now to cut the n80/81?

I have a question on Jamaica Ave btwn, where the Q36 ends and CIP can you get on and off both the Q36 and N24 buses? or is it close door service for the Q36?

The Q36 does not end at the Cross Island Pkwy. Some end at 257th St & Jericho Tpk & some go on to Little Neck replacing the former Q79. And yes-both routes are open-door on the common part of the route east of 225th St.

The Q36 does not end at the Cross Island Pkwy. Some end at 257th St & Jericho Tpk & some go on to Little Neck replacing the former Q79. And yes-both routes are open-door on the common part of the route east of 225th St.

Thanks

But I said 

Jamaica Ave btwn, where the Q36 ends and CIP

btw

Edited by IAlam

The routes eliminated is because nowadays many people especially in the suburbs have cars and depend so far less on public transportation. ..NICE and SCT is different to the MTA in which there aren't many busy bus routes than can save low ridership bus lines from dying ...in NICE the busiest route is the n6 and during a day long runthe busiest are the mmentioned n6, n4, n20, n22, n24, n32, n72

The n19 isn't that much of a busy route but moderate

The video that i saw recap me inseeing like example the detour the n73 makes in Levittown. ..thatdetour was made to ease users living in that area which in that time were middle class with not so much car users. ..the detour reminded me of the s66 bus detour in mastic which was eliminated on November2015 ppossibly because of low ridership as one can walk to neighbourhood road

All is to wait and see if some of these routes can resuscitate in a near future but again it might still be dead like thr case of the n3 or even the w12 which ran to Jefferson valley mall and was truncated3 yyears ago to armonk ...three years have pass and it still terminates in armonk ...i mean have it at least extended to mount kisco to connect to the w19

The routes eliminated is because nowadays many people especially in the suburbs have cars and depend so far less on public transportation. ..NICE and SCT is different to the MTA in which there aren't many busy bus routes than can save low ridership bus lines from dying ...in NICE the busiest route is the n6 and during a day long runthe busiest are the mmentioned n6, n4, n20, n22, n24, n32, n72

The n19 isn't that much of a busy route but moderate

The video that i saw recap me inseeing like example the detour the n73 makes in Levittown. ..thatdetour was made to ease users living in that area which in that time were middle class with not so much car users. ..the detour reminded me of the s66 bus detour in mastic which was eliminated on November2015 ppossibly because of low ridership as one can walk to neighbourhood road

All is to wait and see if some of these routes can resuscitate in a near future but again it might still be dead like thr case of the n3 or even the w12 which ran to Jefferson valley mall and was truncated3 yyears ago to armonk ...three years have pass and it still terminates in armonk ...i mean have it at least extended to mount kisco to connect to the w19

The n40/41 and the n15 and 16 are way more busy than the n72. The n72 runs hourly along with the n70 and n71.

I forgot all about the n15/16 and the n40/41

The n15 and n16 are very similar in that their routes are segmentated that is n15 Roosevelt field mall-Hempstead. ..Hempstead- Rockville centre and Rockville centre- Long beach. ..the n16 between Roosevelt field- Hempstead. And Hempstead- lynbrook

Also these two routes are the ONLY routes to run to Hempstead and not terminate there

The n15 and n16 are very similar in that their routes are segmentated that is n15 Roosevelt field mall-Hempstead. ..Hempstead- Rockville centre and Rockville centre- Long beach. ..the n16 between Roosevelt field- Hempstead. And Hempstead- lynbrook

Also these two routes are the ONLY routes to run to Hempstead and not terminate there

The n15 and n16 aren't really that  similar.  The n15 serves Lakeview, West Hempstead, and Mineola on weekdays while the n16 serves NCC, and 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. People going to Roosevelt Field tend to take the n15 over the 16.

No, the n6x goes runs to Hempstead and terminates at NCC Parking Lot 3 and the n35 runs to Westbury.

Edited by NY1635

because of a backdoor deal between NICE and the late representative Peter Schmitt (R - Massapequa) 

If it was a backdoor deal, then how do you know it happened. IIRC there was no proof that such a deal had happen, it was just what some people thought to explain why the n80/n81 wasn't cut at the time, since is such a deal had happen and was known about then Schmitt probably would have been charged with....corruption. Since that would have probably been corruption.

the detour reminded me of the s66 bus detour in mastic which was eliminated on November2015 ppossibly because of low ridership as one can walk to neighbourhood road

What are you talking about there has been no change to the S66 route last month. What detour are you talking about, there has been nearly no change to the S66 since I moved to the area over 12 years ago.

Edited by mac5689

N6x, N15, N16, N35, N40/N41

1920 was on the n20 today.

If it was a backdoor deal, then how do you know it happened. IIRC there was no proof that such a deal had happen, it was just what some people thought to explain why the n80/n81 wasn't cut at the time, since is such a deal had happen and was known about then Schmitt probably would have been charged with....corruption. Since that would have probably been corruption.

Majority of Nassau County DOESN'T CARE what happens with bus service, who runs it or who makes any deal having to do with it. I'm not going into a whole explanation of the mess because it's all self-explanatory here.

Edited by MTA Orion Bus

Suffolktransit said in twitter that the s66 was to not enter through palmetto road and commack road but access directly neighbourhood road to fasten up the route. ..idk why the decision was made but it might be becauseof llack of ridership in that area and to hurry up the s66

The n35 is a through route i forgot about that route. ..the n6 acts as a through route rush hours only when it goes to NCC

N40/41 is a through route? ??

The N16 does not go to Lynbrook.

Suffolktransit said in twitter that the s66 was to not enter through palmetto road and commack road but access directly neighbourhood road to fasten up the route. ..idk why the decision was made but it might be becauseof llack of ridership in that area and to hurry up the s66

Not lack of ridership. Buses heading to Riverhead had to make U turn on William Floyd to get to Palmetto Dr. Neighbourhood meets Havenwood which has access to a stop light.

To me it sounds like some other issue then lack of ridership since in that area since it's like a loss of like one or two stops. 

Also correction thats in Mastic BEACH, not Mastic.

Edited by mac5689

Ohhh sorry i get confused mastic beach and mastic being synonymous

Might be the reason like you mentioned only 2-3 stops are eliminated as neighbourhood road is moreof a major roadway for the s66 to pass through

Im gonna miss that U turn the riverhead bound s66 buses made. XD

The N16 makes so many crazy detours on its route from Roosevelt Field to Rockville Centre, that it adds at least 20 minutes of running time compared to the N15 (with the N16 roundabout detours to the college and the Social Services Center/60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd). Anyone going the full route would be a fool to take the N16.  That's like saying you get on the train at Times Square, but you're going to detour to Chambers St before you catch the #2 train back to Harlem.

Edited by RtrainBlues