Your R40 Memories

B3 Via Av U

If I remember right, the first time I took a slant was on a school field trip, and I thought it had the weirdest windows at the front, being used to the railfan windows of R32s, R38s, R42s, etc. I remember I used to ride them over the years and like them, most recently I remember getting them on the (A) and the (B) all the time. Honestly, I don't remember any trains on the (B) that weren't R40s. Wasn't paying attention to subways when they were retired though, so I didn't get any photos or anything, but those were my favorites way back when (even if I liked the R38s as well). The (L) never had slants, did it? All I remember were R42s and R40Ms, then the R143s appeared (and then the R160s appeared on the (A) and it all went downhill).

The (L) never had slants, did it? All I remember were R42s and R40Ms, then the R143s appeared (and then the R160s appeared on the (A) and it all went downhill).

The (L) line did have R40 slants along with R40M and R42 cars.

I remember seeing the slant for the first time and asking myself "What's that crazy train?"

Lol I remember seeing that train for the first time on the (N) back in '04 when I moved back to the east coast from Cali. I went to my aunt and was like..... WHEN DID THEY GET NEW TRAINS FOR THE (N) ?!?!?!!?!?! Then I found Wikipedia and felt like a fool :P

I remember up to the Orange (Q) and the (B) to Queensbridge, and that is the furthest I can get back. I can remember some of the 9/11 stuff, not much. The (B)(D) to 34th, and the (Q)<Q> over 6 Av, remember that clearly. I saw an R46 on the (Q) passing Cortelyou Road a long time ago.

There was a pic of a R46 (Q) somewhere on nycsubway.org or here

I remember up to the Orange (Q) and the (B) to Queensbridge, and that is the furthest I can get back. I can remember some of the 9/11 stuff, not much. The (B)(D) to 34th, and the (Q)<Q> over 6 Av, remember that clearly. I saw an R46 on the (Q) passing Cortelyou Road a long time ago.

There was a pic of a R46 (Q) somewhere on nycsubway.org or here

Damn they took it down. I remember seeing it too, a (Q) at Kings Highway.

No I think it was @ Cortelyou Road or Beverly Road. It was some open cut station along the Brighton Line.

I posted that image in this thread:

http://www.nyctransi...line-car-fleet/

Here's the image itself. The R46 (Q) is at Sheepshead Bay:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?5727

• 6 months later...

Hi guys. I got one for ya. Back in the 80s when they ran on the A and on an occasion when they ran on the CC (yes I said it, CC) at Broadway East New York back when they had the regular bulb lights for the station BEFORE they switched to fluorescent lighting

Archived