Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Delays  Posted: 12/11/2014  8:43PM

Due to ongoing signal problems at W 4 St-Washington Sq, a.png, b.png, c.png, d.png, e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png train service is running with delays in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

Why the (R) is running with delays since it doesn't serve West 4th street? Maybe due to people crush loading the (R)

The (S) had problems today because a train had a door problem (opened on the opposite side not on platform but on track side)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delays  Posted: 12/11/2014 10:15PM

Due to a rail condition at W 4 St-Washington Sq,

Southbound b.png and d.png trains are running with delays

f.png and m.png train service has resumed with residual delays.

STILL?! Wow. Must be a severe rail condition

Due to ongoing signal problems at W 4 St-Washington Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

Select southbound f.png are running on the g.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Bergen St.

Southbound e.png trains are running on the r.png line from Queens Plaza to Whitehall St-South Ferry.

a.png, b.png, c.png, d.png, m.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Allow additional travel time

Still ongoing.

E via the (R) to Whitehall. That is very rare.

I was at Herald Square when the (B) and (D) were being sent down the local track southbound and while I was there, the guy on the PA was so awesome and off the cuff; he just flat out said (among other things) that "the (B) and the (D) to Brooklyn are arriving against the wall on the local track" "Stop looking down the express track" and even "Take your headphones and your iPods off" before saying two more times that the (B) and (D) were running against the wall.

He didn't sound like a dedicated announcer from the control center that's for sure.

Due to FDNY activity at Van Siclen Av, there is no j.png train service between Crescent St and Broadway Junction in both directions.

There is shuttle_bus.png service between Crescent St and Broadway Junction in both directions.

As an alternative, customers can also take the Q24 or Q56 bus service making nearby station stops.

Good thing that they have shuttle buses running.

I was at Herald Square when the (B) and (D) were being sent down the local track southbound and while I was there, the guy on the PA was so awesome and off the cuff; he just flat out said (among other things) that "the (B) and the (D) to Brooklyn are arriving against the wall on the local track" "Stop looking down the express track" and even "Take your headphones and your iPods off" before saying two more times that the (B) and (D) were running against the wall.

He didn't sound like a dedicated announcer from the control center that's for sure.

What would I give to have a recording of that? :)

What's with the (J)/(Z)? It's been like that since yesterday. Now that I check it's planned.

Service Change  Posted: 12/12/2014  3:14PM 

Due to a rail condition at Steinway St,

Forest Hill-bound m.png and r.png train express from Queens Plaza to Jackson Av-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

j.png No trains between Crescent St and Broadway Junction

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service
All times until 5 AM Monday, Dec 15

No j.png service at Norwood Av, Cleveland St, Van Siclen Av and Alabama Av.

j.png Service operates in two sections:
1. Between Jamaica Center and Crescent St.
2. Between Broadway Junction and Chambers St/Broad St.

shuttle_bus.png make all stops between Crescent St and Broadway Junction.

Transfer between trains and buses at Broadway Junction and/or Crescent St.

They changed from service change to planned work.

What's with the (J)/(Z)? It's been like that since yesterday. Now that I check it's planned.

Service Change  Posted: 12/12/2014  3:14PM 

Due to a rail condition at Steinway St,

Forest Hill-bound m.png and r.png train express from Queens Plaza to Jackson Av-Roosevelt Av.

There was a fire that occurred at Van Siclen Ave. The building caught fire and the train tracks were right near the burning building. So I'm assuming that they have to do repairs

Service Change  Posted: 12/12/2014  4:12PM 

Due to a rail condition at Steinway St, the following service changes are in effect:

Forest Hills-bound r.png trains are running express from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Forest Hills-bound m.png trains are running normal to Delancey St-Essex St, then run on the j.png line from Delancey St-Essex Stto Chambers St and terminate.

Delays  Posted: 12/12/2014  4:08PM 

Due to signal problems at Delancey St, southbound f.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 12/12/2014  4:36PM 

Due to signal problems at Whitlock Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound  6.png trains are running local from Hunts Point Av to Parkchester.

Southbound 6.png trains are running express from Parkchester to Hunts Point Av.

Wow, if it collapses...

This is what you have to think about when keeping old els, or maybe just els in general.

Tunnels aren't safe from this kinda thing either (Courtandt Street on the (1) ).

I wonder though, if the EL got seriously damaged enough to the point they would have to build a new one, would they consider building the new EL on Jamaica Ave between Crescent and Alabama Ave, then trains can travel between Alabama and 111th without any timers, and greatly speeding up service. 

Tunnels aren't safe from this kinda thing either (Courtandt Street on the (1) ).

I wonder though, if the EL got seriously damaged enough to the point they would have to build a new one, would they consider building the new EL on Jamaica Ave between Crescent and Alabama Ave, then trains can travel between Alabama and 111th without any timers, and greatly speeding up service. 

Building a completely new NYC El in today's century is not a good idea. A new subway or a rebuild of the original El is more likely to happen.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain