Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 369. I was called about 1 week before WannaBeMTA12 for 2nd Drug Test. Now I am behind.

@ WannaBeMTA12 I don't want (prefer not) to be called a night before my Medical.
I need some time to prepare myself on both physical and mental levels. 

I guess kind and thoughtful ppl of MTA see my intention for SI and wait when something suitable shows up.

I am 369. I was called about 1 week before WannaBeMTA12 for 2nd Drug Test. Now I am behind.

@ WannaBeMTA12 I don't want (prefer not) to be called a night before my Medical.

I need some time to prepare myself on both physical and mental levels.

I guess kind and thoughtful ppl of MTA see my intention for SI and wait when something suitable shows up.

Ohhhhh. I didn't was your medical. I thought it was your 2nd drug test

Yeah. You thought right. it was my 2nd Drug Test.And since then nothing...Sorry for confusing you.

Sinyguy....well I hope u get called on Tuesday for it....

Cuz I took my drug test on wed and thur they called me to come In this wed for medical.

I hope u make the same class that I'm in....I wanna meet the knucklehead behind the username lol

Also....

Fellas.....

How does the medical work?

Rm3271, Fuoco, DEE77 etc.....

Like if u can recall...step by step....what did they do during the medical?

Well, get there really early first of all. You get a number just like when you went for the drug screening then you wait in the big waiting area. At 7am they will ask the people who are there for a medical to form a line, try to be as close to the front as possible. When you get to the counter the person there will ask you your name, exam you took and ask for your number, you then sit back down. When your number is called you go up to the counter he/she has you sign some stuff gives you paperwork to be filled out once you are done with the medical, they then send you to the medical side of the floor. On the medical side you once again wait in a big waiting area until you're called. When you are called and get to the counter you check in and are giving instructions on how to fill out the medical questioners, then you are sent to the computer to fill them out. Once you are done with the questioners you walk back to the counter and inform the receptionist that you done and sit down and wait to be call to begin the medical.... The order of the medical is different for everyone, all depends on how many people are there, but it includes: Blood Pressure Screening, Vision Test, EKG, Hearing Test, and Urine Tested for Sugar Levels. Once you're done with all that which can take up to 2 hours, longer if you go into their lunch hour you then wait in the waiting room to see the doctor. The doctor will give you a quick check go over your test results and questioner with you and if everything is good ok's you for the 19a and sign's your paperwork and you are done with the medical. Now you go back to the side where you first started and fill out the paperwork you were given in the morning before you were sent to the medical. Once you fill everything out you go to the counter hand it in along with that 21 page packet they gave you to take home and fill out, If you're TA. You're number is then called to meet with an investigator. The investigator will go over your entire application, if there are any issue they will go over them with you. If you are good you get sworn in, if you are TA, given your orientation time and date. After that they will call your number a couple of different times to get finger printed and photo taken for the I.D. Card.... I got lucky, I arrived at 6:50am and was out buy 1:30 some people wait all day. Good luck!! Hope everyone of you guys gets put on, I need my seniority to grow.. LOL!!!

Well, get there really early first of all. You get a number just like when you went for the drug screening then you wait in the big waiting area. At 7am they will ask the people who are there for a medical to form a line, try to be as close to the front as possible. When you get to the counter the person there will ask you your name, exam you took and ask for your number, you then sit back down. When your number is called you go up to the counter he/she has you sign some stuff gives you paperwork to be filled out once you are done with the medical, they then send you to the medical side of the floor. On the medical side you once again wait in a big waiting area until you're called. When you are called and get to the counter you check in and are giving instructions on how to fill out the medical questioners, then you are sent to the computer to fill them out. Once you are done with the questioners you walk back to the counter and inform the receptionist that you done and sit down and wait to be call to begin the medical.... The order of the medical is different for everyone, all depends on how many people are there, but it includes: Blood Pressure Screening, Vision Test, EKG, Hearing Test, and Urine Tested for Sugar Levels. Once you're done with all that which can take up to 2 hours, longer if you go into their lunch hour you then wait in the waiting room to see the doctor. The doctor will give you a quick check go over your test results and questioner with you and if everything is good ok's you for the 19a and sign's your paperwork and you are done with the medical. Now you go back to the side where you first started and fill out the paperwork you were given in the morning before you were sent to the medical. Once you fill everything out you go to the counter hand it in along with that 21 page packet they gave you to take home and fill out, If you're TA. You're number is then called to meet with an investigator. The investigator will go over your entire application, if there are any issue they will go over them with you. If you are good you get sworn in, if you are TA, given your orientation time and date. After that they will call your number a couple of different times to get finger printed and photo taken for the I.D. Card.... I got lucky, I arrived at 6:50am and was out buy 1:30 some people wait all day. Good luck!! Hope everyone of you guys gets put on, I need my seniority to grow.. LOL!!!

Very informative...more then I expected.

Thank you! Looks like the medical is the full monty!

I taken 4 medicals....none have been as thorough as u are describing....I'm kinda nervous now...but yep, looks like another early day for me on wed....I wanna get in n out.

Okay, so the neurologist wanted me to go for 3 exams...blood (normal), MRI of the brain (negative) and a EMG test (negative). As a result of having another consultation with the neurologist again today, there is nothing wrong. Now the TA physician did ask for "treatment recommendations". Therefore, the neurologist and I made an agreement that I will do vigorous stretching at least once every day, which is not a big deal at all. I usually go for a 30 minute walk at night anyway (which has numerous benefits) and I usually stretch my leg muscles right before or shortly after I finish the walk, so it's not a big deal.

I was hoping to get a clean bill of health today, however the secretary at the doctor's office was a little too busy. Therefore, I plan on getting this on Monday, followed by going back down to 180 Livingston Street on Tuesday. This will work out good in a way since HR is closed on Monday due to the Martin Luther King holiday anyway.

I will still keep everyone informed of my progress...hoping for the February 3rd class. (My list # is 271 just in case anyone is wondering and/or forgot).

Got the clean bill of health today...plan on going down to HR tomorrow. Even though the doctor said to be there at 9 AM, I plan on being there by 7 AM. I'll just bring extra reading material with me. Unfortunately, I also have 'snow duty', since I do live in a house...therefore I will do my best to post my progress as soon as I can.

Guys,

Still got nothing... No wonder it was a holiday today.
Question is IF they called (but they did not - I can prove it with statement) OR were unable to reach me for some reason...
you don't think its end of story?

I am planning to call them first thing on all 3 of their 347 numbers tomorrow morning...

Guys,Still got nothing... No wonder it was a holiday today.Question is IF they called (but they did not - I can prove it with statement) OR were unable to reach me for some reason...you don't think its end of story?I am planning to call them first thing on all 3 of their 347 numbers tomorrow morning...

No it isn't end of story for u.

The lady in charge of your paperwork is prob lazy.

Watch wen u call 2morro they Gunna say we were Gunna call u today....lol

Guys,

Still got nothing... No wonder it was a holiday today.

Question is IF they called (but they did not - I can prove it with statement) OR were unable to reach me for some reason...

you don't think its end of story?

I am planning to call them first thing on all 3 of their 347 numbers tomorrow morning...

any possible chance you failed the 2nd drug test? 

any possible chance you failed the 2nd drug test?

I think they notify u as well wen that occurs too....

I remember someone on here in that particular scenario

They wanna kno why u tested positive....If u can't prove it's legit....NEXT!

HR is just slow.

Got the clean bill of health today...plan on going down to HR tomorrow. Even though the doctor said to be there at 9 AM, I plan on being there by 7 AM. I'll just bring extra reading material with me. Unfortunately, I also have 'snow duty', since I do live in a house...therefore I will do my best to post my progress as soon as I can.

Okay, so just got back home. Got taken off medical hold, however my drug test, which I last took on December 19th, expired since it is only valid for 30 days. Therefore, I took another drug test today. The next step is to wait for them to call me back, in which I am hoping this will happen by Friday the latest, since today is Tuesday. The sooner they call me, the sooner I will be back at 180 Livingston Street again for final processing.

As a friendly reminder, just to recap, my list # is 2**. Went down the 1st time to 180 Livingston Street in early November, went down again on December 19th for second drug test, went down on December 31st, got put on medical hold, and then today.

Okay, so just got back home. Got taken off medical hold, however my drug test, which I last took on December 19th, expired since it is only valid for 30 days. Therefore, I took another drug test today. The next step is to wait for them to call me back, in which I am hoping this will happen by Friday the latest, since today is Tuesday. The sooner they call me, the sooner I will be back at 180 Livingston Street again for final processing. As a friendly reminder, just to recap, my list # is 271. Went down the 1st time to 180 Livingston Street in early November, went down again on December 19th for second drug test, went down on December 31st, got put on medical hold, and then today.

Moving forward too, young!

Ok, I just called 347...

When I said that my # 369 AND I didn't get call for Physical yet AND I know that few ppl with HIGHER #s already got call for Physical, lady on the phone told me that nobody called you yet AND higher number that was called for Physical and hired is 364.

@WannaBeMTA, yes I know the frequency because it happened already.

It is in average every 3 months. It may be today, next time in 1 month, next time in 4 months, next time in 2 months, etc.
You come from 8-10 shift and Road Sup is taking you to JFK for random.

The point is that being in AAR (that is part of MTA) I am clean AND regularly checked.

Ok, I just called 347...

When I said that my # 369 AND I didn't get call for Physical yet AND I know that few ppl with HIGHER #s already got call for Physical, lady on the phone told me that nobody called you yet AND higher number that was called for Physical and hired is 364.

It is in average every 3 months. It may be today, next time in 1 month, next time in 4 months, next time in 2 months, etc.

The point is that being in AAR (that is part of MTA) I am clean AND regularly checked.

but what we know from on this forum #383 was called for physical and could be hired tomorrow as long as all goes well, did she explain why this is? 

Ok, I just called 347...

Dude...I was jk. Wanted to lighten the mood.

but what we know from on this forum #383 was called for physical and could be hired tomorrow as long as all goes well, did she explain why this is?

I think there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians in mta HR

Archived