Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey while ur at it can u propose a b36 reroute so it would stop by my house?

Lmao.... Basically.

I was only proposing.

Maybe IKEA Shuttle Bus could stop at Brooklyn Whole Food, but IKEA Shuttle Bus tend to use some dirty Chinatown Buses.

Whole Foods don't use plastic shopping bag like Trader Joe's uses.

I had hard time carrying errands to nearest subway station at 4th Av-9th St which only police officer knew.

Since Brooklyn and Queens streets are long block than Manhattan.

That's why I proposed B61 to serve Brooklyn Whole Food.

If not, B103 should make additional LTD stop along 3rd and 4th Avenues at 3rd St, so people who takes public transportation wouldn't have to carry bags to nearby subway station.

I have to admit, that's a damn good reason to suggest a bus route change!

All Whole Foods had to have done was supply plastic shopping bags, for you to not suggest f***ing up the B61 & the B103.... Aint that some ish....

smfh......

B103 will have 2 extra stops.

3rd Av/4th Av at 3rd St 

and 3rd/4th Av-9th St stops.

I actually like the old routing along 5th av & 7th av better than this crap.... At least Canarsie, etc. riders got a grand tour of commercial park slope - as opposed to passing around the middle of nothing more than a whole foods......

The way Yuki words it, it's like there's nothing within 5 miles...

Because he's been doing so much fanning in the suburbs, to him, it is like there's nothing within 5 miles.....

Or better yet they can just take the (F)  & (G)

Who can take the F & G? B61 riders? Won't happen.... There's a few reasons that route flourishes.

True but B103 is great however the subway is more frequent than B61.

Maybe so, but let's not get lost in translation - Neither one of those routes should be tinkered with to serve that supermarket in-particular..... 

Even you can agree to that.......

How about some artics on the B46? that line is always.

I'm pretty sure it's on their to-do list when the next artic order chimes in. There's only 40 artics in all of Brooklyn (kinda effed up of you look at it as a whole lol) and all of them are for the 44 +select

I just checked out Transit & Bus Committee meeting booklet.

When B37 bus restores with no Brooklyn Heights service, B103 will have 3 stops along 3rd and 4th Avenues at Warren St, 3rd St and 9th St.

So they're slowing down the B103 for the sake of slowing it down.

At least if the B46 ever gets SBS, it'll definitely get artics (at least, the Limited will) 

Those artics are gonna love climbing Mt. Utica going northbound.

How would you do it?

the b102 will be the local from canarsie to flatbush junction and the b103 will be the ltd from downtown brooklyn to flatbush and i created it 

B102

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218345366120084192601.0004f0d8609899790b47b&msa=0

B103

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004f0d81ea74e45fcd4c

the b102 will be the local from canarsie to flatbush junction and the b103 will be the ltd from downtown brooklyn to flatbush and i created it 

B102

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218345366120084192601.0004f0d8609899790b47b&msa=0

B103

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004f0d81ea74e45fcd4c

Great in theory if there is a three legged transfer from either route, which you have seemed to taken care of.

B102

B103

Why does it have to be called B102. The B103 has many short turns at Flatbush Junction as it is. I would just name it the B103 Local and the Limiteds will all go to Downtown Brooklyn. Service is much better on the B103 now than it was when command had it. I remember service ending at 5:30PM and it was running on an half hour schedule :o

Eventually the B103 is going to become a victim of the slowing and fold into a local.

Eventually the B103 is going to become a victim of... exactly what BreedDekalb is illustrating - Being Split.

Which I think is gonna be a big mistake if the MTA does that.....

B102

B103

.....Which defeats the main purpose of why the B103 was even created, but w/e.....

The northern "split" of the real B103 (meaning b/w the junction & downtown brooklyn) wouldn't flourish (as to why, see response to Turbo, below).... They would get rid of the northern half & advise that riders take the subway, or the B37..... This would actually help the B37 more than an adding of stops along 3rd/4th av's on the B103... That saves way more money than splitting the current B103 & having the 103 & the 37 running along 3rd.....

Great in theory if there is a three legged transfer from either route, which you have seemed to taken care of.

Not even in theory, due to the fact that commuters aren't all too fond of 3-legged transfers.....

The folks coming from areas east of the junction on the 103 would not bother putting up w/ xferring to a slower version of the current 103 north of the junction (which is his "B103", as shown on the map) - They would simply make their way to Flatbush av subway (2)(5)....

Eventually the B103 is going to become a victim of... exactly what BreedDekalb is illustrating - Being Split.

Which I think is gonna be a big mistake if the MTA does that.....

.....Which defeats the main purpose of why the B103 was even created, but w/e.....

The northern "split" of the real B103 (meaning b/w the junction & downtown brooklyn) wouldn't flourish (as to why, see response to Turbo, below).... They would get rid of the northern half & advise that riders take the subway, or the B37..... This would actually help the B37 more than an adding of stops along 3rd/4th av's on the B103... That saves way more money than splitting the current B103 & having the 103 & the 37 running along 3rd.....

Not even in theory, due to the fact that commuters aren't all too fond of 3-legged transfers.....

The folks coming from areas east of the junction on the 103 would not bother putting up w/ xferring to a slower version of the current 103 north of the junction (which is his "B103", as shown on the map) - They would simply make their way to Flatbush av subway (2)(5)....

Personally I simply think that many of Brooklyn's bus routes are outdated, and could be revised slightly to an extent to better serve passengers whenever possible.

That aside I do see the point you have established regarding the mode of choice in the equation. Now would that better serve passengers, it's up for debate but at any rate it might save some cash on the MTA's part.

The B103 as is seems to work fine. Why the (MTA) has their little fetish for killing off lines I will never know. That's the sort of shit I expect from the a**holes running NICE.

I'd say that "fetish" is more predominate amongst certain members here, but I'll refrain from starting a flame war.