Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

Just realised, the B51/71 route would have to use Hamilton to get to the tunnel...

Yeah... I would just have the 71 extension use the hicks st entrance to get to the BBT (I have it running down hicks from sackett anyway).... coming back to brooklyn though is the issue; buses would have to use hamilton to get back to hicks..... like I told checkmate though, the SB traffic on hamilton isn't as bad as the NB traffic....

How about off-peak?

Like I said, I would prefer a B71 restoration and extension, but I was just throwing it out there as an alternative to that. It wasn't anything I was dead-set on.

Yeah man, I understand....

To answer your question, off-peak is tolerable... wouldn't pose too too much of a problem....

(don't take this as an agreeance of the alternative though)

What I don't understand is why it always takes longer going to Brooklyn than going to Manhattan from Brooklyn on BM express buses...

How can I put this.....

From what I depict, there are more people boarding at any given stop along the BM's in the morning....

During the evening, there usually aren't as many people disembarking at (more) given stops....

Perfect example... when I take the BM1 going to work, the utica av stop easily sees 5-10 ppl seeking to board.... coming back home, it's usually me by myself, or me & another person getting off at schenectady (there is no PM stop @ utica)......

I find that AM commutes (well, commuters) are generally more aggressive than PM commutes..... Unless you got kids to pick up (or an overbearing/controlling wife), most people IMO aren't in as much of a rush to get home (compared to getting into work/school on time)......

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can I put this.....

From what I depict, there are more people boarding at any given stop along the BM's in the morning....

During the evening, there usually aren't as many people disembarking at (more) given stops....

Perfect example... when I take the BM1 going to work, the utica av stop easily sees 5-10 ppl seeking to board.... coming back home, it's usually me by myself, or me & another person getting off at schenectady (there is no PM stop @ utica)......

I find that AM commutes (well, commuters) are generally more aggressive than PM commutes..... Unless you got kids to pick up (or an overbearing/controlling wife), most people IMO aren't in as much of a rush to get home (compared to getting into work/school on time)......

:lol: @ overbearing wife...

Express Bus Proposals

BM1: Add service past 2:15 until at least 8:16 to Mahattan every hour

BM2: Add service last 2:14 until at least 6:15 to Manhattan every hour

BM3: Add service past 2:15 until at least 5:15 to Manhattan

Every hour

BM4: Add service until 2:15 until at least 4:15 every Hour to Manhattan

BM5: Add service past 2:16 until at least 7:15 to Manhattan

X27: Retain

X28: Retain

Any other proposals

Consider BM1 and BM2 Sunday Service for every 90 minutes

Consider BM5 a possible candidate for Sunday Service every hour as well

Is the following schedule for Saturday night service? - if so, than agree, BUT i think all lines going into Manhattan end at 1900 hrs.

Continue return trip until 1200hrs (Sunday am).. Last BM2 from 57th and 1st starts at 1210AM. On Williams Ave at 1:25AM, and requested stops to East New York close to the depot.

NO BM1/2/5 Sunday service.. Absolutely NOT warranted. Only way that happens if you get signatures, and political help.

For the most part train service in Brooklyn isn't bad on Sundays unless u have certain G/O's along the (L)(2)(Q) lines.

and for BM5 service. That's covered by B83/20 and Broadway-East New York (A)(C)(J)(L). Most of those lines do well on Sundays.

*Sorry for the many subway references*

Is the following schedule for Saturday night service? - if so, than agree, BUT i think all lines going into Manhattan end at 1900 hrs.

Continue return trip until 1200hrs (Sunday am).. Last BM2 from 57th and 1st starts at 1210AM. On Williams Ave at 1:25AM, and requested stops to East New York close to the depot.

NO BM1/2/5 Sunday service.. Absolutely NOT warranted. Only way that happens if you get signatures, and political help.

For the most part train service in Brooklyn isn't bad on Sundays unless u have certain G/O's along the (L)(2)(Q) lines.

and for BM5 service. That's covered by B83/20 and Broadway-East New York (A)(C)(J)(L). Most of those lines do well on Sundays.

*Sorry for the many subway references*

1. The Schedules I mentioned were for both weekdays and Saturdays. Just put the reference time as to when the buses leave from the terminal, the last one of the day.

2. The Sunday service would be a pilot at first. Besides, transportation is not about how much it costs, it's about if it's more direct or not. Although the subway lines are alternatives, the BM1/BM5 would actually attract riders on Sunday. The BM2 would be thought afterward, then the BM3 as well. The BM4 I wouldn't touch unless of it actually has demand. I would need to look at the ridership stats to determine

posts 790&792 I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST SUCH A STUPID DIVERSION. NONE OF MY PLANS ADD TRAVEL TIME!!! B46 has too many paying customers so even with farebeaters its too cheap to operate I admit B71 Idea is very good I have followup

You're going to tell me that having the BM5 run open-door along Woodhaven Blvd and make additional stops wouldn't add any travel time?

BM5 will warrant sunday service IF it becomes open door allowing 1 seat rides between south brooklyn and woodhaven blvd BM2/3 have u used em

You probably haven't used any of those routes, so calm down.

Open door service on Woodhaven? might as well make it a local route...

BM5 will warrant sunday service IF it becomes open door allowing 1 seat rides between south brooklyn and woodhaven blvd BM2/3 have u used em

I've used all five express bus, especially the BM2/3 and BM5. Try taking them more and you'll i understand it. Open door on Woodhaven, that's why the X32 failed. It was Bascially only school children. Besides, who goes from Brooklyn to Queens. People can walk to the Q8 or take the B13 to Connect with other routes corresponding to the Avenue they want to go.

e.g Seaview Avenue to Atlantic Avenue

B83 to Q24, still one fare.

my plan doesnt affect BM2 for bm2 low ridership trips axed and service adjusted to ridership. BM5 open door is for LTD select stops mostly to relieve Q53 crowds. This makes BM5 multipurpose and prepares for other rtes adding new travel markets to it I use BM5 guess what do you have any ideas to increase off peak ridership if not then STFU. it has little to no ridership outside rush and ur telling me opendoor off peak wont help get off the crap I USED ALL EXPRESS BK LINES so there. have you noticed I said nothing for x27/28 cause nothing is wrong. BM1 is the only line on ave k and the link at ave j if opendoor allows eastern access beyond bedford so more connections. What is cheaper to operate a bus with 6 people paying $5.50 or 23 or more paying $2.25 and more turn over at new transfer points to major lines. exactly. BM5 has nothing to do with Q8 or other craptastic alternatives you wasted my time with. look beyond just brooklyn in general or dont waste my time

That just gave me an idea for the Q21! ^_^

just saw it in the queens thread.... not a good idea....

there is no point of & no demand for a route going from gateway mall, etc... up penn, across linden blvd due east, and up cross bay/woodhaven to parallel the 11.....

B20 is a nogo already serves ridgewood. just let BM5 get more ppl it already does so plus you misread what I meant at rush only its current stops 3 dropoffs and no change to stops. Offpeak picksup at QM15 stops but only drops off at jamacia ave and metropolitan and 63rd drive. However I have other parts to it. Hint: Q64& Q38 earlier what if they were extended. Q38 split penelope branch extends to flushing. Q64 via cooper & yellowstone to ridgewood. It's not woodhaven alone but the connections at the corridor that add on. When you think the whole region rather than route by route you will see that.

B20 is a nogo already serves ridgewood. just let BM5 get more ppl it already does so plus you misread what I meant at rush only its current stops 3 dropoffs and no change to stops. Offpeak picksup at QM15 stops but only drops off at jamacia ave and metropolitan and 63rd drive. However I have other parts to it. Hint: Q64& Q38 earlier what if they were extended. Q38 split penelope branch extends to flushing. Q64 via cooper & yellowstone to ridgewood. It's not woodhaven alone but the connections at the corridor that add on. When you think the whole region rather than route by route you will see that.

Please see my Proposals in the Queens Proposal Thread on the Q64 and Q38

You're going to tell me that having the BM5 run open-door along Woodhaven Blvd and make additional stops wouldn't add any travel time?

lol...... I'll do you one better & say those riders won't even use the thing.....

BM5 open door is for LTD select stops mostly to relieve Q53 crowds. This makes BM5 multipurpose and prepares for other rtes adding new travel markets to it I use BM5 guess what do you have any ideas to increase off peak ridership if not then STFU. it has little to no ridership outside rush and ur telling me open door off peak wont help

lmao @ trying to turn an express route into a super LTD during off peak hrs (or as you put it, "LTD select stops")....

For the Queens riders, you would have to make the BM5 more conducive to taking over the QM15 - and you can't do that without screwing Brooklyn riders that take that route.... Having BM5's run open door doesn't accomplish that..... Trying to increase off peak ridership on the express routes - Face facts, if it isn't there, it isn't there.... It's futile to try to pull something from nothing....

BM5 = Open Door and turning LTD.. I think some of you guys are really smoking.

I never really understood why that the BM5 has to make 3 stops in queens. It never made sense to me then, and it doesn't now.

Now what can possibly be done with the BM5, and I've said it before is to extend it back to Canarsie (pre BQM1) days to provide relief for the BM2 especially for the midtown riders that live along Avenue M/E.80th.

BM5 = Open Door and turning LTD.. I think some of you guys are really smoking.

I never really understood why that the BM5 has to make 3 stops in queens. It never made sense to me then, and it doesn't now.

Now what can possibly be done with the BM5, and I've said it before is to extend it back to Canarsie (pre BQM1) days to provide relief for the BM2 especially for the midtown riders that live along Avenue M/E.80th.

I can see the notion, but why create such a circitous route?

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c2959c1aa1ee122d6&msa=0&ll=40.664364,-73.874774&spn=0.025652,0.038581

You do realize that that circuitous portion was rush hour only. I don't know though if he means it however like every day or just weekdays or rush hours or only off peak periods. It's a good idea since it takes some load of the BM2, and that area has a express to Midtown without going through lower manhattan, even if it skips lower manhattan. The BM5 is a better option and that area demands it. Think about it, attracts more riders, cop goes down

Edited by Q23 Central Term

You do realize that that circuitous portion was rush hour only. I don't know though if he means it however like every day or just weekdays or rush hours or only off peak periods

The Spring Creek portion is full time...