Banning parking on certain streets to improve bus service.

error46146

If only paid parking was cheaper. Damn ripoffs. But oh well. I've been going to spots in the city lately, it's pretty freakin' bad

the worst is that lot on 35th and 10th ave, just before the Javits Center. He jacks the shit up of his prices when its Car Show week. And people are lining up to go in there, not realizing the assraping their wallet is gunna get when the bill comes when they come back for their car.

Banned parking on Isham St between Broadway & Sherman Av by making one way eastbound bus lane, so Bx12 local and Bx12 SBS drivers will not have to deal with parkers.

Subway Shuttle Bus could use other way to turn around at near Inwood Hill Park.

That's a little absurd to say.

Not quite absurd, especially between 8th St. and Worth St., I've been there numerous time via transit and via car, finding a parking spot with or without meters is hard. Usually when my family can't find one, we just give up an pay the parking lot that 'ginormous' amount.

What I would say is this, when +SBS+ comes, Parking should be banned ONLY on those corridors, I would never support a ban that is slapped on a local or what not corridor unless if there are 4 or more routes that consistently come around the clockface [except 1-4AM]. There has to be limits so public transit and private automotive transit are balanced instead of screwing one or the other up.

Flatbush Ave is another corridor that should be considered even though it is not certain whether it will get SBS. Parts of it at least. The B41 is very frequent (or is supposed to be very frequent) but is also very slow and unreliable. Flatbush is a parking lot in many locations.

as someone who has been driving delivery trucks and vans since 1977 let me make a few points here. Traffic is a little worse now then it was when i started, but the difference is negligible. The real difference is back then people took it as just part of life and they dealt with it. Today we have these utopians who want things to work or them and screw everyone else. Oh my bus got delayed because of a double parked delivery truck, and how do you think products get delivered to the shops, you think we beam it down from the Enterprise? oh people in the city should have limits on how many cars they own, oh really what business is it of yours, they pay more for parking, registration, and insurance that help the economy, oh its just a toll, just another way for the city and state to waste more money. Oh thats how they do it in Europe and Latin America, uh maybe you didnt get the memo, this is the United States of America, We are the greatest people living in the greatest city, in the greatest country on the planet, we deal with things as they come and dont interfere with others freedoms, well at least we used to before this wave of nannyism by temporary politicians who think they are smarter than all of us which they are not. The ones who fall or this utopian trap frankly need to toughen up, sorry if that offends you, but its called REALITY.

Joe

as someone who has been driving delivery trucks and vans since 1977 let me make a few points here. Traffic is a little worse now then it was when i started, but the difference is negligible. The real difference is back then people took it as just part of life and they dealt with it. Today we have these utopians who want things to work or them and screw everyone else. Oh my bus got delayed because of a double parked delivery truck, and how do you think products get delivered to the shops, you think we beam it down from the Enterprise? oh people in the city should have limits on how many cars they own, oh really what business is it of yours, they pay more for parking, registration, and insurance that help the economy, oh its just a toll, just another way for the city and state to waste more money. Oh thats how they do it in Europe and Latin America, uh maybe you didnt get the memo, this is the United States of America, We are the greatest people living in the greatest city, in the greatest country on the planet, we deal with things as they come and dont interfere with others freedoms, well at least we used to before this wave of nannyism by temporary politicians who think they are smarter than all of us which they are not. The ones who fall or this utopian trap frankly need to toughen up, sorry if that offends you, but its called REALITY.

Joe

Uh, maybe you didn't get the memo, but we are a part of this earth and are no better than them. You can stop right there with that tone. Secondly, when these things like new tolls get implemented, we need a task force not employing politicians and employ people who want to see things done right. People who complain about parking and make it harder for the rest of us to get around, be it truck driver, private motorist, or even buses violating traffic rules need to stick their vehicles up their a$$. We deal with things as they come by fixing them. I'm sorry if this offends you, but you have America twisted.

Joe

A lot of these utopians aren't even from New York, they come from other places like the midwest and moved here and they look down upon real New Yorkers who have lived here for decades.

Hate these petty subject matters.

Some of you talk about looking down on real New Yorkers, some of you talk about utopians who supposedly got this idea into everybody's heads that a certain agenda needs to be implemented (as if some us non-politicians do not simply want to see the system improved by speeding up the buses, how dare we expect the buses to move faster than turtles!), some of you talk about how the difference between the old days and now is that people complain more now, some of you make it seem like nothing should change and so on and so forth.

As far as the double-parked trucks are concerned, it is physically possible for most of them to double-park on most side streets where buses do not run.

Maybe in order to keep y'all happy nothing should be changed so that the bus system can continue to lose riders and eventually there will be no bus system left so that nobody has to worry about these problems anymore. One less petty subject matter to deal with. :-)~

Uh, maybe you didn't get the memo, but we are a part of this earth and are no better than them. You can stop right there with that tone. Secondly, when these things like new tolls get implemented, we need a task force not employing politicians and employ people who want to see things done right. People who complain about parking and make it harder for the rest of us to get around, be it truck driver, private motorist, or even buses violating traffic rules need to stick their vehicles up their a$$. We deal with things as they come by fixing them. I'm sorry if this offends you, but you have America twisted.

uh no my friend you have America twisted. weve always dealt with issues by not infringing on others rights. You, on the other hand want to trust these "masterminds" to control you? I sure dont. You think they are capable of making a utopian society? Heres the memo, there is NO Perfect solution because of one reason. Humans are IMPERFECT. And Yes , we ARE better than the rest of the countries because we support individualism. We want individuals to make decisions for themselves, what they think is best for them. Not some megalomaniac like Bloomberg, Schummer, and Obama to DICTATE to us what their vision of what society should be. I have and always will have confidence in handling the day to day issues I face on a daily basis, .And I`ll always fight against anybody who wants to take away mine, and all other Americans freedom. Why do you need someone to hold your hand?

Joe

Hate these petty subject matters.

Some of you talk about looking down on real New Yorkers, some of you talk about utopians who supposedly got this idea into everybody's heads that a certain agenda needs to be implemented (as if some us non-politicians do not simply want to see the system improved by speeding up the buses, how dare we expect the buses to move faster than turtles!), some of you talk about how the difference between the old days and now is that people complain more now, some of you make it seem like nothing should change and so on and so forth.

As far as the double-parked trucks are concerned, it is physically possible for most of them to double-park on most side streets where buses do not run.

Maybe in order to keep y'all happy nothing should be changed so that the bus system can continue to lose riders and eventually there will be no bus system left so that nobody has to worry about these problems anymore. One less petty subject matter to deal with. :-)~

Ill support changes if it doesnt take away any more freedoms And yes I sometimes have to park on a side street and hump my goods around the block to deliver them. I dont piss and moan about it, its part of life living in New York. The amount of complaining nowadays comes from people who want things done to benefit THEM and screw everyone else. Sorry but it doesnt work that way. Toughen up and go about your business and let others go about theirs.

Joe

imbicile have you ever heard of something called balance 1 there so many side streets next to the bus that a truck and a car to use u motors don't need to clog up a bus route and make it turtle slow THAT IS WHY I NEVER USE MANHATTAN LOCAL BUSES CAUSE OF CRAP LIKE THIS. CLOGGING UP ROADS delays bus lines SCREWING WITH PPLS COMMUTE!!! and what so you can say I got to my destination at the speed of 5MPH using my car screw off. doubleparking a**holes need to just get towed at first offence

Don't feel like quoting, but I agree w/ Phantom909 & BlueFoxie.....

Me, I'm just sick of the transients & tourists coming here to NYC and wanting to morph this city into something totally different.... and on top of it, stay down talking Americans & the way things things are done in this country on top of it..... Then here we have Bloomberg pandering to & trying to further accomodate the non-natives, and it's always under the guise of something else too.....

I always thought of this, for streets like Flatbush Ave. Nostrand Ave, and especially Myrtle Avenue (Ridgewood), which is even narrower. Not just for buses, but for traffic in general. And maybe even banning left turns during busy hours.

What these streets needed is rear driveways, like they have in other cities (and in in some residential sections of Queens), so you could have parking and deliveries in behind.

uh no my friend you have America twisted. weve always dealt with issues by not infringing on others rights. You, on the other hand want to trust these "masterminds" to control you? I sure dont. You think they are capable of making a utopian society? Heres the memo, there is NO Perfect solution because of one reason. Humans are IMPERFECT. And Yes , we ARE better than the rest of the countries because we support individualism. We want individuals to make decisions for themselves, what they think is best for them. Not some megalomaniac like Bloomberg, Schummer, and Obama to DICTATE to us what their vision of what society should be. I have and always will have confidence in handling the day to day issues I face on a daily basis, .And I`ll always fight against anybody who wants to take away mine, and all other Americans freedom. Why do you need someone to hold your hand?

Joe

The people you named are great politicians, and President Obama is a stateman. I'm not going to stand here and let anyone put America above any other country. We have too many problems in this society to say we are better. This isn't patriotic. This is downright condescending to your fellow humans in other countries.

Ill support changes if it doesnt take away any more freedoms And yes I sometimes have to park on a side street and hump my goods around the block to deliver them. I dont piss and moan about it, its part of life living in New York. The amount of complaining nowadays comes from people who want things done to benefit THEM and screw everyone else. Sorry but it doesnt work that way. Toughen up and go about your business and let others go about theirs.

Joe

Have you heard of something called compromise? It's something that we have used in this country for hundreds of years. For example, the Missouri Compromise prevented the Civil war for over 30 years. Why can't people compromise on this issue? You are going a bit over the top with your whole "patriotic" views. Frankly, they aren't patriotic.

This has turned into a petty thread. I want it to die. The only statement I will make is that Phantom gets paid to make deliveries even if he has to situate his vehicle around the block, while people who ride buses have to pay for them and may deserve better service that does not get held up by things like traffic. This is not to minimize the issue of having to take longer walks to make deliveries. Some of the compromises that have to be made in order to make better bus service possible are not unreasonable. Some people are uncompromising; if they wish to be this way to an irrational extent, let them. Dissent is patriotic; bringing up the way things are done elsewhere is not done to try to degrade the USA, it is done because those who do it simply want to see things work better here. At least in my case and probably Threxx's as well.

On the forum those of use who want to change things can deal with this by not getting involved in these petty subject matters; off the forum (where it matters) those of us who want to change things can figure this crap out and deal with all the naysayers when we have to deal with them. Cross that bridge when we come to it. Nothing wrong with actively seeking solutions to problems, especially if we have lived here our entire lives and did not recently come in from another part of the world. Anyway, time to turn the faucets to maximum output and wash my hands of this bullshit.

DancingLock.gifDancingLock.gifDancingLock.gifDancingLock.gifDancingLock.gifDancingLock.gifDancingLock.gifDancingLock.gifDancingLock.gif

The people you named are great politicians, and President Obama is a stateman. I'm not going to stand here and let anyone put America above any other country. We have too many problems in this society to say we are better. This isn't patriotic. This is downright condescending to your fellow humans in other countries.

Obama is a statesman? I didnt know you were a comedian. Thats the funniest thing Ive heard in ages. Those 3 mastermind megalomaniacs are what are called "Statists". They believe that big government should be the deciding factor in everyones lives. That my friend is what we, people who love their liberty and freedom, call TYRANNY There are a lot more politicians on both sides of the aisle that are just like them, I just pointed out the 3 most egregious examples.

And yes we ARE better than any other country. The people of this country have freed more people, helped more people during disasters, created more wealth, given home to millions of people coming here for freedom and a better life. What other country has done more? Answer: ZERO, and no matter how much weve helped, half the world still hates us. So why would we want to emulate them? If anyone is condescending its you for not understanding what this country`s place in history is. Yes we have problems, thats because no society is perfect, and none can ever be because humans are imperfect, the sooner you understand that the better off you will be

Joe

Archived