What song, radio station or music video are you listening to/watching?

MTR Admiralty

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My final selection for this late Saturday Night. A classic song that was among the first Non-English songs ever to hit the top of the US pop charts. First is the version by 'A Taste of Honey' and the classic song. "Sukiyaki' A remake of the early 1960's #1 hit by Kyu Sakamoto. Later in the '90's, the pop group '4PM' would also have a hit of this classic.

2)The 1994 version by 4pm.

And the oringal worldwide hit by Sakamoto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXQ31F1A-k&feature=related

Good choice of Gun and Roses Garbaldi. Finally we getting little closer in music choices LMAO. Anyhow they are perfect for driving on a long trip and need a 'pick me up' to awake you.

Well, I picked Estranged because it's one of my favs and also because I wanted to steer clear of all of the more popular tracks.

Not to get off topic but related guys since this is a song/music thread and not create a zillion new topics LOL wanted to ask this. With the 2010-'11 school year about to end(it done for the colleges already)always wanted to find what song was used in your school's graduation?

Even for those who not finished high school maybe list or put a song used for your Middle School graduation. Feel free to also any other songs but curious the theme for commencements especially in recent years.

Here the songs used for my commencement. We did not have one when I finished grade school.

1)"Middle School" The Carperters "We Only Just Begun"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFej5pnVXI

2)High School "Somewhere Out there" Linda Rosandt/James Ingram

3)Undergrad college The Fifth Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msZifQffCT4&feature=fvst

Wow! I did not know theme music to performers aka WWE wresters count as songs.:confused:

I know I'm a little late to respond but, Actually in some ways they do considering the fact that some have professional artist singing them like: Batista's I Walk alone, Randy Orton's theme songs by Rev Theory, Motorhad with HHH themes etc... Plus one other poster on here uploaded a theme song once used by WWE that was written by professional music artist.

As for the actual song I listening to now is:

I thank Cruel Intentions II for bringing me into this masterpiece.;)

Here my special for tonight. First is a #1 hit from the 1970's on a now classic hit tv show"Welcome Back Carter" Theme by "Loving Spoonful" lead singer John Sebastian. The other was a remake made several years back by Hip Hop Star Mase. First The Long full song version

1)"Welcome Back Carter" Theme song(full song)

2) Mase's version in the 2000's

Lets see about the greatest hip hop/rap songs of all time. Just a Biggie fan talking.

1)"The Message" Grandmaster Flash

2)Run DMC "Tougher than Leather"

3)Enimen "The Real Slim Shady"

4)Public Enemy "Fight The Power"

That just touching the surface. Not into Biggie as he confessed no regrets of being a drug dealer before his carrer.

The Real Slim Shady is better than Juicy? Come on man, you'd have a better argument if you choose "Lose Yourself" rather than what is basically a clown song. Btw I'm more of a 2pac fan, but I like both artists, just pac a bit more. I love those songs about life 2pac put out when he was alive. Those other songs are a bit before my time so I'll listen to them when I get the chance.

The Real Slim Shady is better than Juicy? Come on man, you'd have a better argument if you choose "Lose Yourself" rather than what is basically a clown song. Btw I'm more of a 2pac fan, but I like both artists, just pac a bit more. I love those songs about life 2pac put out when he was alive. Those other songs are a bit before my time so I'll listen to them when I get the chance.

It was a mistype trainfan. I did mean 'lose yourself'.:)

There is a reason that Grandmaster Flash and the furious five were recently the first Rap/Hip-Hop performers ever elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They so underrated. Even Biggie, 2pac and many others listed them as a huge influence.

Here another classic not as well know as 'the message' an anti-drug song called 'white lies.' They sure dont make them like this anymore.:eek: