[Video] School kids in Greece, NY bully Bus Monitor Karen Klein.

KeystoneRegional

Yes. Children need to be educated and given a good example, not just punished. I mean, have people thought about the fact that if a parent thinks the solution is to beat his/her kid, what the kid will do when the parent isn't watching? Punishment makes people afraid to do bad things, but doesn't give them good morals.

I've always been against punishment... Punishment isn't the best way to slove a problem.. Anyone can be grounded or hit or w/e but once their punishment is over, they will do the same thing over or be afraid to, but nothing positive is learned ... Kids these days do need to be taught how to act, in a helpful, non violent type of way, that will help them understand why they shouldn't do certain things. Its a shame, many kids these days tease others to make others laugh. Kids in my school make fun of each other for fun and entertainment, at the expense of one. (They do the same to adults). They don't realize that teasing affects one, they think that its okay, and when someone shows that they are sad, everyone says not to take it personal, its a joke (which is probably what these kids in the video thought as well). Its obviously not a joke unless everybody is laughing... I think they do it to make themselves feel better because of insecurities (based on personal experience and observation).. Its a shame really, and it annoys me.. I wish kids my age think the same way that I do sometimes....

Punishment doesn't do anything.. Anyone can be grounded or hit or w/e but once their punishment is over, they will do the same thing over, and nothing is learned...

Tell that to the kids who kept their dirty hands out of the cookie jar once they got a wooden spoon imprinted on their forehead.

Tell that to the kids who kept their dirty hands out of the cookie jar once they got a wooden spoon imprinted on their forehead.

You got me.. I meant to rephrase it. That punishment method may work and be effective, but not in a positive way that will help the kids to learn, it instead causes them fear, which isn't gonna teach them how to act in the future...

Who's to say that these kids weren't beaten by their parents?

Yes, punishment can make people behave better, but I really don't think it instills respect. Won't physical punishment just make kids hate their parents? Besides, two wrongs don't make a right. If I had kids, I wouldn't want to send the message that it's okay to hit people who do bad things.

Can someone please explain to me how exactly one bus full of elementary school kids represent an entire generation?

They might not, but they make Generation Y (includes me) and Generation Z look bad. There is no excuse for how those kids acted.

I remember it very well. Problem in America in 2012, the PC Police led by Dr. Phil will scream at any parent using the "Belt." Even for a meaningful displince.

Man, screw Dr. Phil, I'm not letting any of that shit fly when I have kids of my own, they will grow up to be respectful of others!

Through my years of public school and private school I was always the bully victim not the bully. Thank god I am finished with all my schooling. College is a good thing for me.

Is this the reason why some of your comments are so rude and impractical?

Anyways, I agree with VWM, I'd say the internet and TV has part of the reasons why kids these days act so tough.

(P.S. If I make any spelling corrections I apologize as the laptop I'm using doesn't have spell check)

Holy s*** these kids are ass****s. My heart sunk when I heard the comment made about this lady's son. I myself was never spoiled and earned everything I have. I will say this. When I was in Middle School myself kids were absouletely disrespectful. They back talked teachers and staff. I witnessed two incidents myself. Some kids stole bags of candy from a teacher who went to the bathroom and I saw everything right in front of me. I was shocked they were doing this. Then I heard about an incident where the students were being disrespectful to a substitute teacher. The teacher actually broke down and cried. I heard she resigned soon after that. Now my high school wasn't any better as a matter of fact it was even worse. I'm glad I split when I graduated in 2010, cause the things I heard from friends that were still there just makes me worry for this country. This also shows why the government should not be interfering with the way we raise our kids and it's that reasoning is why incidents like what happened to this lady happen. I hope she goes on a very nice vacation while these kids are doing communtity service for the summer.

Update: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/20/12323893-vacation-of-a-lifetime-pledged-for-bus-monitor-bullied-in-viral-video?lite

And I actually got around to it, and all I can say is wow. Making fun of somebody's weight is something kindergarden kids do, but I never saw how a kid of any age could make fun of somebody being poor. (Sad to say, there are people like that even in middle school. I remember some people made fun of how I didn't have a computer or video game system back in those grades). I mean, obviously buying a purse at a supermarket doesn't make you poor, but still. (Goes to show you how spiled these kids are too)

Kids these days really are rude. My friend told me how the ER just called him telling him that a group of kids threw rocks at his grandma's car and her window was open and the rocks hit her and now she's hurt :angry: its such a shame, it really is ......

I blame it on today's cartoons and shows for making fun of the elderly. Whenever you turn on the TV on some channel they are making fun of old people.

Do Not bring cartoons and shows into this.Your acting like a soccer mom lol, Kids just don't have parental guidance these days,they don't respect others because there parents didn't tell them to. they let there kids run wild like hungry lions.

I blame it on today's cartoons and shows for making fun of the elderly. Whenever you turn on the TV on some channel they are making fun of old people.

What cartoons are you watching??????? I don't think in "Arthur" or Spongebob Squarepants there are characters making fun of the elderly...

What cartoons are you watching??????? I don't think in "Arthur" or Spongebob Squarepants there are characters making fun of the elderly...

Actually, Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy are elderly, and they're portrayed as clumsy and senile).

But those comments they made didn't have anything to with her age, really (not that it makes it any better, of course).

I think there is more than that.

*The Simpsons

Abraham Simpson (Homer's dad) is portrayed as an old man that is left in a retirement home, old, and senile as well. Also him and the elderly are mistreated in the show.

*Family Guy

Francis Griffin (Peter's stepfather) was also portrayed as an old man, but not just that he is portrayed as a jerk, and a conservative that doesn't respect others. Not true for all the elderly.

Thelma Griffin (Peter's mom) was also portrayed in a bad light, and a jerk. She was in the end thrown in a retirement home.

Carter Pewterschmidt (Lois's dad) portrayed as a cheating and lying jerk. In truth not all old, rich people are jerks. Poor portrayal of old people as well.

Barbara Pewterschmidt (Lois's mom) portrayed as weak and vulnerable even though not all old people are.

-There are so many examples of age discrimination. Yet the US Government does very little to help protect old people. This age discrimination has to end. We even see it in hiring practices today.

Archived