Today (6/27/12)is 2nd anniversary of the "Doomsday" Bus cuts and changes.

Q101viaSteinway

According to them, it had 28 riders between the hours of 1 & 5. Divide that over 8 trips made during that time (1 hour headways), and that's less than 4 riders per bus.

And in case VG8 comes in, I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but just that it was the logic they used.

That really is close to nothing considering on school days, I would get on a packed Q30.

Why "must" it be the Bx55 rather than Bx15 short trips? Remember that the Bx55 is "just another bus route" rather than a special subway replacement.

From my experience, The Bx15 isn't good by itself on Third ave on the weekends... If they put more trips for the Bx15 then it could probably work. What I meant by "Must" something needs to change on third ave on the weekends. Not really necessarily the Bx55 But I was learning more to the Bx55 being restored. Service was pretty good when it ran on the weekend.

I need my B4 back and so does all of Sheepshead Bay, is itbgonna be back by 2013?? Restore full B64 service along Haraway to CI. Add Saturday service 9 am to 9pm 20 min headways to B2. Restore B48 to pre-2010. Restore full B12 as well. I agree with the Q76. And the B8

the B12 after broadway jct had barely any ppl so no.

I haven't brought up anything about this for a while. I only started talking about it on this thread in response to a post by someone else regarding the X90.

There isn't anything I can do. Once the MTA gets rid of something and saves $1,000,000 a year as a result, they're not bringing it back. Pretty much everyone on the X90 was in a suit and tie, and those are not the type of people who will become part of a protest movement to restore a route. The MTA will not take one person alone seriously, plus I don't have the kind of time to organize such a thing, nor did I ever engage in conversation with any of the other passengers, so I wouldn't be able to contact them anyways.

what!!! X90's elimination saved $1 million??? how??

what!!! X90's elimination saved $1 million??? how??

He was using it as an example. It was really $0.8 million according to the MTA (though I don't know if they factored in riders switching to cabs or whatever)

The same QM22 that ran through Astoria, right? Or was it the QM21? Well, I saw that bus only twice.

It was the QM22.

U can't take the N or the Q. The QM22 was very short since it was near manhattan and bearly carried ppl. The Q74 or Q75 and Q79 have a better chance of being brought back because of them not being covered in some areas by another route.

U can't take the N or the Q. The QM22 was very short since it was near manhattan and bearly carried ppl. The Q74 or Q75 and Q79 have a better chance of being brought back because of them not being covered in some areas by another route.

Agreed. Seeing the whole map for the route, it mirrored the Q100, which is already a LTD and the Q69.. And also looking at the timetables, depending on your destination, the N/Q is a faster option lol. And it used to travel behind my school which I didn't know :o

Archived