Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

According to the schedule there's a 6:23 n1 to Jamaica, I wonder if that one is packed. Back when the N2 and N3 ran to Jamaica it helped, although those runs were on like 30 min headway in the peak direction, it reduced waiting times and flagging. (There are some  people I've spoken to that say they take an eastbound bus to Elmont Road so that they can take the n6x to Queens because the locals are full/late/bunched.)

In addition to what you said, that's why when they removed Springfield Blvd, Locustwood Blvd and Elmont Road from the n6x, it was like "um, what!?" It didn't make any sense because even with the N1, N6 & N6L, people were still getting flagged, so they thought it was a good idea to reduce service to the most heavily used and flagged stops on the route by almost 50%? We all know what happened, the n6 local was slammed while the n6 express buses were empty. 

The first stop they reinstated was Meacham Ave, I guess because it was in the middle of the route, didn't add much riders though.

Then they added New Hyde Park Road/Franklin Ave, they obviously didn't pay attention to the amount of people that transfer to/from the n25 when they removed it.

They avoided Elmont Road for the longest because of the n1's rush hour service to Jamaica, but they didn't take into account the riders traveling between Elmont Road and Hempstead.

As of late, they added Springfield Blvd which is probably the most flagged eastbound stop in Queens of all NICE routes. You can regularly see up to 10 people waiting to board eastbound, or alighting westbound. 

Now you can observe that the n6x is more patronized, it only took them reinstating virtually all of the stops people used the bus for!  I hope they can get the APC system up ASAP so they can really get accurate ridership information, even it it's running before the Bustime service officially starts.

That 6:23 n1 is always late. By the time my n6x and the n6 local that comes with it, there are loads of people waiting for the bus. That n1, the few times I have seen it, is typically SRO.

Meacham always gets a lot of people on my run... they typically make the bus have no room, occasionally so crushed that there will be people having to enter through the back. 

I always see loads of people getting on @ Franklin/NHP at night... a lot of people use that transfer shockingly... loads get off my n6x in the AM there too... never knew that n25 had that much ridership.

NICE needs to make Westminster a stop again jfc. My n15 in the morning connects with the 5:55 n6x out of HTC but since Westminster isnt a n6x stop anymore, I have to catch the 6:08 one... Almost everyone on my n15 takes the n6x too so it isnt like the ridership isnt there....

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always see loads of people getting on @ Franklin/NHP at night... a lot of people use that transfer shockingly... loads get off my n6x in the AM there too... never knew that n25 had that much ridership.

NICE needs to make Westminster a stop again jfc. My n15 in the morning connects with the 5:55 n6x out of HTC but since Westminster isnt a n6x stop anymore, I have to catch the 6:08 one... Almost everyone on my n15 takes the n6x too so it isnt like the ridership isnt there....

A lot of people in healthcare gear transfer to the N25.

As for Westminster Rd, I guess they figure that those using the N15, N31/N32 transfer can do so at Hilton Ave

I think that MTA and NICE should work together to end the border discrimination between Queens and Nassau Counties.

If this could be done, I would extend the Q4 via the current N1 to Green Acres.  (Of course, via Valley Stream LIRR Station.)

I would also extend the Q83 via 115 Ave (114 Av loop eliminated), Dutch Broadway, and Franklin Ave to the Franklin Hospital Medical Center.

The N1 could then operate via Hook Creek Blvd.  N8 would then be obsolete.

Also, bear in mind that the Village of Floral Park refuses to let mass transit buses operate on their streets, not even from within their own county!!!

This stance is discriminatory, and it must stop!!!

If it can be stopped, the N2 could be extended to the Stewart Manor station, as I suggested at a public hearing when the routes were under the MTA umbrella.

I think that MTA and NICE should work together to end the border discrimination between Queens and Nassau Counties.

If this could be done, I would extend the Q4 via the current N1 to Green Acres.  (Of course, via Valley Stream LIRR Station.)

I would also extend the Q83 via 115 Ave (114 Av loop eliminated), Dutch Broadway, and Franklin Ave to the Franklin Hospital Medical Center.

The N1 could then operate via Hook Creek Blvd.  N8 would then be obsolete.

Also, bear in mind that the Village of Floral Park refuses to let mass transit buses operate on their streets, not even from within their own county!!!

This stance is discriminatory, and it must stop!!!

If it can be stopped, the N2 could be extended to the Stewart Manor station, as I suggested at a public hearing when the routes were under the MTA umbrella.

Dude you do realize the SEPTA you idolize has poor scheduling between routes. Back on NICE I think a restructuring of N8 to merge with N36 & discard lynbrook segment traveling via ocean ave and SSP to dutch Broadway then over Q83's or 4's route to Jamaica closed-door in queens may be enough to make it useful cause now elmont has a transit connection to eastern Nassau and Suffolk via Rockville centre that doesn't exist now. If you haven't noticed Babylon trains DO NOT stop at valley stream and most bypass lynbrook!!! The N2/8 only serves valley stream which is served by only long beach and far rockaway trains which duplicate N32/31!!! Elmont has no bus that links to Babylon trains. N4x is only to Freeport and at rush hour it was created to make N4 more reliable. Look into those areas more.

• 1 month later...

Since there's no bus stop between Glen St/Town Path and Bridge St/Pratt Blvd, some n27 riders want n27 Glen Cove to make left turn at Town PATH, then make right at Pulusaki Blvd to Bridge St because that will be faster then going around.

How many is *some*?

Doing Ice Hockey Season, I think NICE Bus should operate extra n71 bus service between Nassau University Medical Center and Hempstead.

I even sent to Ed Mangano and Nassau Colliseum via twitter, they should provide shuttle bus because hockey fans are not happy taking NICE.

No, extra service isn't needed because the Coliseum is not only served by the n71 between there and Hempstead. You have the n70, n71, n72, to Hempstead as well as the n51, n43, and n45 to Roosevelt Field.

I meant on Weekend when there is icey hockey season.

Last Saturday the 28th, I was helping two Japanese guests to NY Islanders while I waited in lobby at Hotel Marriot.

Most of us had to wait for 2nd bus because buses were OVERCROWDED with fans/enermies in both direction. It were overcrowded, even the rear of the buses. Weekends are only n71 and n72 buses and that's not enough. After I couldn't get on n72 bus that day, most of us had to wait for 1-hour for next n71 bus.

Last Saturday the 28th, I was helping two Japanese guests to NY Islanders while I waited in lobby at Hotel Marriot.

Most of us had to wait for 2nd bus because buses were OVERCROWDED with fans/enermies in both direction. It were overcrowded, even the rear of the buses. Weekends are only n71 and n72 buses and that's not enough. After I couldn't get on n72 bus that day, most of us had to wait for 1-hour for next n71 bus.

Increased runs equates to more money that NICE would prefer to use elsewhere.

Finally you make sense

I think on game days they should have a loop service between Hempstead and the Coliseum or something. I wonder where the passengers from the East were coming from and which lines they used.

Which means more lost passengers due to less frequency & overcrowding....

Yep

What else is new

LOL

• 3 weeks later...

There is a back up on Francis Lewis Blvd northbound in the mornings because of the signal @ Hillside Ave. It's not green long enough and the left turn signal is useless at that time because there is no left turn lane and there is always a car that want's to continue up Francis Lewis.

So since the n6x makes no stops between Springfield Blvd and 179th St Station perhaps it should use another route to get to Hillside Ave. I was going to suggest the Q36 routing but that gets backed up too as vehicles head to the Clearview/GCP. So perhaps 188th st or 179th pl.

There is a back up on Francis Lewis Blvd northbound in the mornings because of the signal @ Hillside Ave. It's not green long enough and the left turn signal is useless at that time because there is no left turn lane and there is always a car that want's to continue up Francis Lewis.

So since the n6x makes no stops between Springfield Blvd and 179th St Station perhaps it should use another route to get to Hillside Ave. I was going to suggest the Q36 routing but that gets backed up too as vehicles head to the Clearview/GCP. So perhaps 188th st or 179th pl.

Why not Springfield Blvd?

Archived