Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure Brett, sure. :PB-)

lol, no really, its one of the few things I suggested to NICE often since last year. I just hope they don't overdo it like the (MTA) did and make it seven days a week which is unnecessary.

Sure Brett, sure.  :PB-)

lol, no really, its one of the few things I suggested to NICE often since last year. I just hope they don't overdo it like the (MTA) did and make it seven days a week which is unnecessary.

They do take suggestions seriously, they took my N1 suggestion to have Jamaica Bound buses go up School Road so they can stop at the Jamaica Bound N6 Elmont Road stop.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204750700533050976010.0004c456541b57a7874cf&msa=0&ll=41.008921,-73.042603&spn=1.390678,3.287659

Latest Idea

N80/N81: Like I stated earlier, extend the route to Babylon, which is not shown on the map. 

The n80/81 would also use Plainview Road Between S Oyster Bay Road and Hicksville. This would give an interchange of bus riders, possibly helping out the 80/81 somehow

The 80 would go down South Oyster Bay Road to 107. Customers on the former n80 segment can either use the 73/74 instead or walk longer to the n80

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204750700533050976010.0004c456541b57a7874cf&msa=0&ll=41.008921,-73.042603&spn=1.390678,3.287659

Latest Idea

N80/N81: Like I stated earlier, extend the route to Babylon, which is not shown on the map.

The n80/81 would also use Plainview Road Between S Oyster Bay Road and Hicksville. This would give an interchange of bus riders, possibly helping out the 80/81 somehow

The 80 would go down South Oyster Bay Road to 107. Customers on the former n80 segment can either use the 73/74 instead or walk longer to the n80

I really don't see the point because there are already two NICE routes that serve Babylon that isn't even a part of Nassau County, and meanwhile, there are probably areas in Nassau that are struggling with bus service. I don't see any reason to send more of NICE into Suffolk County and I doubt it would help the N80/81 because the n19 is still there. It technically would be the same amount of ridership, just split between routes, while NICE is spending more money to extend the N80/81. I believe that extension would be a waste.

I really don't see the point because there are already two NICE routes that serve Babylon that isn't even a part of Nassau County, and meanwhile, there are probably areas in Nassau that are struggling with bus service. I don't see any reason to send more of NICE into Suffolk County and I doubt it would help the N80/81 because the n19 is still there. It technically would be the same amount of ridership, just split between routes, while NICE is spending more money to extend the N80/81. I believe that extension would be a waste.

The proposal would include the n19 terminating at Sunrise Mall.

The proposal would include the n19 terminating at Sunrise Mall.

Well now that really doesn't make much sense because the n19 gets more riders east of Sunrise Mall than the n80/81 gets on its entire route because of the easy link to Freeport. Changing that is not the best idea.

With the service changes NICE made the n19 gets good ridership and I'd say more than decent ridership East of Sunrise Mall.  I see no reason to eliminate the n19 besides the same tired arguments such as the route being redundant or low ridership.  If the route was that redundant riders wouldn't ride the n19 and if the route was as low ridership as people assume NICE would've 86'd the n19 at Sunrise Mall.  But people are still riding the n19 is still going at it's full length...  Hmm...

I've been thinking about this

N46: Service instead is routes via Jerusalem Avenue. For service on Bellmore Road, walk to the n50 and transfer at Henpstead Tpke to the N70/71/72/47/48/49

N47 service would remain on Front Street. This would reinstate n47AM service to maintain service to East Meadow, and help the crowds on Jerusalem Avenue rush hours, since the 54/55 get really crush loaded, and the n46 can help out crowds on those routes, instead of being a useless Front street route ( for obvious reasons if you look at the n48/49 schedule and the n46 schedule) .

The n46/54/55 would be reschedule to operate every 20 minutes on combined headways. The N46 would operate at :00, the 55at :20, and the 54 at :40 from Hempstead, rush hours. In seafood, the routes would arrive as follows

N46 at : 22

N55 at :42

N54 at : 02

The routes would arrive Hempstead

:44 , :04, and :24 respectively.

I've been thinking about this

N46: Service instead is routes via Jerusalem Avenue. For service on Bellmore Road, walk to the n50 and transfer at Henpstead Tpke to the N70/71/72/47/48/49

N47 service would remain on Front Street. This would reinstated n47 AM service to maintain service to East Meadow, and help the crowds on Jerusalem Avenue rush hours, since the 54/55 get really crush loaded, and the n46 can help out crowds on those routes, instead of being a useless Front street route ( for obvious reasons if you look at the n48/49 schedule and the n46 schedule) .

Just kill off N47 & reroute 46 it will still be useless. N47 is a lost cause and just needs to go.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would:

-Reinstate the n67 from Glen Cove to Oyster Bay.

-Create an n68 route.

-Create an n69 route.

n68 would go from Syosset LIRR to Oyster Bay LIRR via Muttontown, East Norwich and Upper Brookville.

n69 would go from Syosset LIRR to Glen Cove LIRR. It would head the same way as the n68 but in Muttontown turn left onto Northern Blvd, then turn onto Cedar Swamp Road and then run via Old Brookville to Glen Head and Glen Cove LIRR.

My new route N75 bus starts from wantagh-Hicksville-Huntington.Mostly takes old country road after leaving Hicksville

just extend N78 done.

I would:

-Create an n68 route.

-Create an n69 route.

n68 would go from Syosset LIRR to Oyster Bay LIRR via Muttontown, East Norwich and Upper Brookville.

n69 would go from Syosset LIRR to Glen Cove LIRR. It would head the same way as the n68 but in Muttontown turn left onto Northern Blvd, then turn onto Cedar Swamp Road and then run via Old Brookville to Glen Head and Glen Cove LIRR.

You could reroute N81 instead. You do realize oyster bay is dead right? If you barely see cars what makes you think they would use a bus?

Well, Oyster Bay sees quite some LIRR commuters and they're constantly asking for more and better LIRR service. Doesn't mean they want NICE service per se but it does mean that there are quite some people using at least one form of public transportation so NICE may get some people outta there.

I would:

-Create an n68 route.

-Create an n69 route.

Too much service for Oyster Bay. Yes, Oyster Bay needs a bus route, but I don't think it needs 3. How about killing two birds with one stone?

Start route Roosevelt Field

Up to Jericho Tpk

Jericho Tpk to Jackson Ave

Through Syosset, up Split Rock Rd to Rt 106 and Oyster Bay.

Rush hours 30min, every other bus runs via Berry Hill Rd between Syosset and OB.

Other times hourly, end service at 9pm weekdays / run 9am-8pm weekends

Since a lot of OB commuters drive to Syosset anyway, might as well provide them a bus.

I think the portion of Nassau bound by Jericho Tpk, Glen Cove Rd/107/Landing St, the bay, and the Suffolk border could use a dial a ride service with maybe some rush hour rail feeders. Heck, if you look at Google Maps in Suffolk and judge density by street density, you have to go east of Route 112 to find areas that low-density. SCT's service out there (excluding the denser shores) is sparse and seasonal, and there's no central destination like Riverhead or a major mall to funnel the buses to.

Oyster Bay proper actually isn't all that wealthy, and I bet there are some that do not have cars, especially right around the train station. The cabs have had these people hostage for a long time, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've influenced certain elected officials not to have a bus service. Any route that serves Oyster Bay should also connect train stations and serve commercial areas. Therefore, a route between Hicksville and Oyster Bay makes the most sense, especially since no connection currently exists. The bus would travel down Broadway (106/107), to Jericho Turnpike and then down Jackson Ave, Berry Hill, 25a, and Rt.106 to "downtown" Oyster Bay. The connects several major destinations to Oyster Bay, including Syosset & Hicksville rail stations, commercial areas along Jericho Turnpike, as well as the shopping center along Rt.106 in Oyster Bay. It would have a schedule similar to the existing n80/81 routes, hourly, Mon-Sat, 7am-8pm.

Oyster Bay proper actually isn't all that wealthy, and I bet there are some that do not have cars, especially right around the train station. The cabs have had these people hostage for a long time, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've influenced certain elected officials not to have a bus service. Any route that serves Oyster Bay should also connect train stations and serve commercial areas. Therefore, a route between Hicksville and Oyster Bay makes the most sense, especially since no connection currently exists. The bus would travel down Broadway (106/107), to Jericho Turnpike and then down Jackson Ave, Berry Hill, 25a, and Rt.106 to "downtown" Oyster Bay. The connects several major destinations to Oyster Bay, including Syosset & Hicksville rail stations, commercial areas along Jericho Turnpike, as well as the shopping center along Rt.106 in Oyster Bay. It would have a schedule similar to the existing n80/81 routes, hourly, Mon-Sat, 7am-8pm.

What do you think of this plan?

http://goo.gl/maps/2skEJ

I added one more.

I have seen Oyster Bay Taxi at SUNY Old Westbury and someone transfer from taxi to NICE Bus as well.

Archived