Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

But it's only one person. That won't really help things. NICE needs to focus on the majority of ridership and get their numbers back up. This was the problem with the n6 Express. They only listened to those that rode the full route between Jamaica and Hempstead, and eliminated the LIMITED, and then ridership dropped and service crumbled.

You raise an excellent point with your reply, but I'm not trying to kills someones optimisim, so what else was I suppose to say? I think if suggested to NICE they'd at least look at the idea, especially considering they do to everyone else who complains (which happen to usually be the same four people), but I digress.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I see.

Perhaps it could work. I'd contact both NICE and Whole Foods to see if both would be okay with buses terminating in that parking lot. Perhaps too much liability, but worth a try.

The old N82 route used to terminate there(Manhattan Dr) & used the Jericho Tpk cloverleaf to turn around.

But it's only one person. That won't really help things. NICE needs to focus on the majority of ridership and get their numbers back up. This was the problem with the n6 Express. They only listened to those that rode the full route between Jamaica and Hempstead, and eliminated the LIMITED, and then ridership dropped and service crumbled..

Ridership dropped immediately, but that was because no one could board the n6 local  :P. According to their twitter they "don't have accurate on/off counts". Which seems obvious because the stops they eliminated on the n6x were busy destination/origin stops on the N6L. 

n20:

Weekday 24-hour service, with 30 minutes headways between Hicksville and Flushing.

Weekend service should be until Jericho Whole Food closed, with last bus leaving Hicksville around 10:00pm.

n27:

Weekend service need to restored to/from Roosevelt Field Mall. Roslyn Station IS BAD TRANSFER POINT.

n46: Should have more weekday service between Hempstead and Bellmore because it's huge gap between noon and around 2pm ish.

n48/49:

Weekend service that terminal/originate at Broadway Mall should be extended to North Broadway/Columbia Drive until Whole Food Jericho closed about 9:45pm.

Wrong N46 had hourly service before and was cut why cause bellmore people DO NOT want hempstead.

Ridership dropped immediately, but that was because no one could board the n6 local  :P. According to their twitter they "don't have accurate on/off counts". Which seems obvious because the stops they eliminated on the n6x were busy destination/origin stops on the N6L. 

I was the one who asked for the ridership counts in the first place ;)

That's even worse

The n43 has it covered for now, if needed, they can decrease the headway to every 20 minutes.

I meant if n45 runs during midday gap, I could have easy acess to Arby's in Bellmore.

I like to eat Arby's at Sunrise Mall or Broadway Mall, I enjoy the Bellmore branch more.

I meant if n45 runs during midday gap, I could have easy acess to Arby's in Bellmore.

I like to eat Arby's at Sunrise Mall or Broadway Mall, I enjoy the Bellmore branch more.

He's thinking Arby's...

I'm at a loss for words.

That's the problem with NICE, they just don't care about their passenger's Arby's needs/wants!

n1: add more rush hour service to/from Jamaica. Last bus now leaves the 165th Street Terminal at 8:30 p.m.

n2/8: renumbered as the n2.

n35: terminates at the Roosevelt Field Mall instead of Hempstead Transit Center during middays. For service to NCC, please transfer to the n16, n43, n45, and n51.

n1: add more rush hour service to/from Jamaica. Last bus now leaves the 165th Street Terminal at 8:30 p.m.

n2/8: renumbered as the n2.

n35: terminates at the Roosevelt Field Mall instead of Hempstead Transit Center during middays. For service to NCC, please transfer to the n16, n43, n45, and n51.

n35 needs to run to Westbury every 30 min middays, I can tell you I took the 1:05pm from Westbury a couple weeks ago and by the time we got to Merchants all seats were taken. NCC shouldn't see any service reduced, period. The n43 is always jammed too you cant put anymore ppl on that. If you want you can terminate some weekday n35 trips at NCC. Only light times on the n35 are at night say after 8pm you can do hourly to Westbury. But you need the 35 there in Westbury to help out the n22 which is always, always jammed. 

I'd like to see the n35 extended to Jericho Turnpike/Brush Hollow area to serve that area, there's quite a few stores there and a movie theater and no bus service. Not sure why no buses run over there since there's alot of commercial activity, it'd definately help up those pax counts north of NCC.

Speaking off NCC, during Car Free Day, my n4x made it to n35 Westbury just in 1 minutes, and at Hempstead, new female driver on 8:45 n6x NCC who came in late at 9:20 refused to make ALL NCC Campus stops that she was suppose to due to LAW, but she forced everyone out of bus at non-scheduled timespoint at Student Union. I was very angry and I reported her to facebook.

It does.

If n35 got extended to Brush Hollow Rd, hotels guests and visitors will be able to have easy access to hotel via n35 from Hempstead, Carle Place Stations because tourists don't know how to use taxi in Long Island.

What does reporting a driver on facebook because she didnt make stops at the correct timepoints have to do with NICE proposals or ideas.

Speaking off NCC, during Car Free Day, my n4x made it to n35 Westbury just in 1 minutes, and at Hempstead, new female driver on 8:45 n6x NCC who came in late at 9:20 refused to make ALL NCC Campus stops that she was suppose to due to LAW, but she forced everyone out of bus at non-scheduled timespoint at Student Union. I was very angry and I reported her to facebook.

You can't be serious don't you have anything better to do?

I made mistake. I meant to say n45 Roosevelt Field Mall-Bellmore, not n46.

Ridership that is why if you want sunrise mall LIRR to Massapequa park for N55/54/80/81

None of your posts have made sense for the past week.

I just lost a repair from you made my day32581881.jpg

wow I just lost it with this from you. You really made my day

Maybe NICE and MTA can make an agreement to extend the Q2 and/or Q110 to Elmont Road at certain times.

This is something I agree with.... Those people from Belmont Park to Elmont Rd make a HUGE amount of the n6 riders. Those poor people at Elmont Rd can never fit on my usual n6x to Jamaica either (6:26, which I think is pretty damn early tbh)

This is something I agree with.... Those people from Belmont Park to Elmont Rd make a HUGE amount of the n6 riders. Those poor people at Elmont Rd can never fit on my usual n6x to Jamaica either (6:26, which I think is pretty damn early tbh)

According to the schedule there's a 6:23 n1 to Jamaica, I wonder if that one is packed. Back when the N2 and N3 ran to Jamaica it helped, although those runs were on like 30 min headway in the peak direction, it reduced waiting times and flagging. (There are some  people I've spoken to that say they take an eastbound bus to Elmont Road so that they can take the n6x to Queens because the locals are full/late/bunched.)

In addition to what you said, that's why when they removed Springfield Blvd, Locustwood Blvd and Elmont Road from the n6x, it was like "um, what!?" It didn't make any sense because even with the N1, N6 & N6L, people were still getting flagged, so they thought it was a good idea to reduce service to the most heavily used and flagged stops on the route by almost 50%? We all know what happened, the n6 local was slammed while the n6 express buses were empty. 

The first stop they reinstated was Meacham Ave, I guess because it was in the middle of the route, didn't add much riders though.

Then they added New Hyde Park Road/Franklin Ave, they obviously didn't pay attention to the amount of people that transfer to/from the n25 when they removed it.

They avoided Elmont Road for the longest because of the n1's rush hour service to Jamaica, but they didn't take into account the riders traveling between Elmont Road and Hempstead.

As of late, they added Springfield Blvd which is probably the most flagged eastbound stop in Queens of all NICE routes. You can regularly see up to 10 people waiting to board eastbound, or alighting westbound. 

Now you can observe that the n6x is more patronized, it only took them reinstating virtually all of the stops people used the bus for!  I hope they can get the APC system up ASAP so they can really get accurate ridership information, even it it's running before the Bustime service officially starts.

Archived