The Official BVE/OpenBVE Thread

Ok this is why I couldn't activate it, despite what the game said.

Don't worry I pay attention to the sign but I didn't undertand all of them. Many red lights had speed limit, this is pretty useful.

Do you have a link where I could have the meaning of all sign ? 

I am more used to Japanese and LU routes.  :unsure:

I will download the  (Q), what are the best routes ? (length, diversity, quality...)

All of them are pretty good, and you really should download all of them if you want to have all of the objects.

As for the meanings of the signs, I'll give you a quick overview, but for the best info check out nycsubway.org.

Signs that just say:

MILES

are normal speed limits. You have some leeway with these as they are untimed and freeform.

Signs like this:

GT

are grade timers. These make sure you are traveling at or below the posted speed, and you MUST slow down to that posted speed.

The markers in the station [10], [8] are the car markers. Generally, you will be stopping at the [10] car marker, but on certain routes:

The (C), when using R32's, you will stop at the [8] car marker.

The (G), when using any train, you will stop at the [6] car marker.

These are the only exceptions that use normal sized platforms. Hope I could be of help.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had problems now with loading the routes and the objects. I assume that it's an easy fix (I don't know where to begin though), but I'm surprised I had it working on my Mac without lag.

I've got the dependencies to run the program, but as far as the routes are concerned, I don't know I need to drive in "complete darkness" (see: Exhibit A)

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Edited by RookiePhenom

I've had problems now with loading the routes and the objects. I assume that it's an easy fix (I don't know where to begin though), but I'm surprised I had it working on my Mac without lag.

I've got the dependencies to run the program, but as far as the routes are concerned, I don't know I need to drive in "complete darkness" (see: Exhibit A)

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Update: I was indeed correct (re: easy fix)-- In the event you have a "tunnel of darkness" it's best that you put the "Object" "Sound" and "Route" folders under the "railway" folder.

Carry on folks. Time to test the R143 on the Benny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've recently been having a problem with the R32s. The rollsign and flipdot moves when I use the operation controls (i.e. q a z < > ?) rather that the usual 2,8,9, and 0. Does anyone know what causes this glitch and how I can fix it?

-Nick

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently been having a problem with the R32s. The rollsign and flipdot moves when I use the operation controls (i.e. q a z < > ?) rather that the usual 2,8,9, and 0. Does anyone know what causes this glitch and how I can fix it?

-Nick

Do you have a mac? If so, the rollsigns don't work. Apparently Windows has this specific plugin that mac does not have, and this enables those controls to work, and not the ones on the mac. Some of them work, but some don't just depends on the plugin.

-Nick

If you're on windows, this is because of the native OpenBVE ATS plugin activating instead of the rollsign plugin.

Open the train.dat file on your R32 folder, and replace the #Device section with this:

#DEVICE

1              ; Ats

0              ; Atc

0              ; Eb

0              ; ConstSpeed

0              ; HoldBrake

-1             ; ReAdhesionDevice

0              ; Reserved (not used)

0              ; PassAlarm

2              ; DoorOpenMode

2              ; DoorCloseMode

For some reason, I can't play using the R46. I downloaded everything perfectly (95% of the stuff I installed myself, error46146 did the rest), and it keeps showing the error screen and shows a list of things that are wrong then closes the whole game.

For some reason, I can't play using the R46. I downloaded everything perfectly (95% of the stuff I installed myself, error46146 did the rest), and it keeps showing the error screen and shows a list of things that are wrong then closes the whole game.

Turtle, what version of openBVE you got?

Ugh, someone really needs to tell whoever have been programming these new NYCT routes with working timers that once an automatic clears to green, the next signal CAN NOT still be displaying red+lunar white!!!!! This happens on the A route between 168 and 145.

Also, if it's the A to Howard Beach, why the hell does the C/R play the "if you are going to JFK airport, you must change trains at Rockaway Blvd" message between Hoyt and Nostrand?

So is there an R62/A train available?

Ugh, someone really needs to tell whoever have been programming these new NYCT routes with working timers that once an automatic clears to green, the next signal CAN NOT still be displaying red+lunar white!!!!! This happens on the A route between 168 and 145.

Also, if it's the A to Howard Beach, why the hell does the C/R play the "if you are going to JFK airport, you must change trains at Rockaway Blvd" message between Hoyt and Nostrand?

Hell I just blow through the timers lol

So is there an R62/A train available?

Yep, both the R62 and the R62A are available. Check the Downloads section on the BVEStation site.

A possible reason for the JFK Airport announcement between Hoyt and Nostrand could be coding that the developers forgot to remove. For the timers it could be a coding error or it could be a coding limitation at the moment. I'm not 100% sure - perhaps someone else could give more accurate info.

I reported this error just in case it hasn't been seen by the developers yet. Some members here on NYCTF are actually developers at BVEStation so they might have seen your post already. Any more errors you can find, please do post them in this thread.

Edited by Gong Gahou

I have restarted development on the sound pack for the AEM-7AC after rediscovering the backup files, and I am pleased to say that I have made significant progress. Only a few things remain to be fixed before I daresay that the train is above 90% accurate in the sounds and physics department. The exterior is an entirely different story.

Go here:

http://odakyufan.zxq.net/openbve/index.html

And follow the instructions on the quick install guide.

Then try the instructions on these two sites to get answers on how to install routes:

http://www.bvestation.com/newtobve.php

https://sites.google.com/site/openbvesim/installUse

This is also a useful site:

http://obts.wikia.com/wiki/OBTS_Wiki

I'm not the developer for the A to JFK, but i was the one who put the updated signaling on the A to lefferts and updated stuff through out the line. It probably plays that Announcement between hoyt and nostrand because someone probably just copy pasted the route i updated from 207 to rockaway blvd, and then coded the rest to jfk. 

On the signaling, there's currently no way for me to install it so they properly clear. If i make it so the first signal is a yellow - the following is a red, when the yellow turns green - the red turns yellow, the animation will clear at any speed and people will just ignore the timers. The other hold back is that i can't seem to make the timers trip people if they go through a timed red. 

I will try and come up with a solution to this though. 

I know many of you who read this thread probably play OpenBVE (duh) but have you ever wanted to do a realistic run with others?

Using the voice program known as Teamspeak, we do runs using the NYCTA routes on BVEStation and OpenBVEConnection

We do runs later at night, but we try to simulate the runs as accuratley as possible. Join the server for fun and good conversation!

Download Teamspeak, and follow the following instructions:

Go to "Connect", and enter the following adress:

ts10.bargainvoice.com:7118

On mobile devices:

Adress: ts10.bargainvoice.com

Port: 7118

All of them are pretty good, and you really should download all of them if you want to have all of the objects.

Got a link to the downloads page? If so, care to share it?

(This time I'll bookmark it instead of relying on memory (haven't played BVE in a good minute)

TIA (thanks in advance)