The Official BVE/OpenBVE Thread

Got a link to the downloads page? If so, care to share it?

(This time I'll bookmark it instead of relying on memory (haven't played BVE in a good minute)

TIA (thanks in advance)

The downloads pages are in my above post.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks to Mr. Railfan, the R38 now has a 100% Photorealistic cab!

Once this cab is fully finished and remaining sound work is complete, the R38 will be done and released, hopefully by the mid/end july.

Keep in mind that the cab is not fully finished, Mr. Railfan and I are working on further improving it.

Here's some detailed eye candy:

Stopped at a station with the doors open
tIFBro6.jpg

The controls
CfaibqV.jpg

In the dark
UD0goXA.jpg

Approaching a station
4Fr2FMj.jpg

Taking Power
SrgmRmf.jpg

OpenBVE has come an unbelievable way, I've gotta hand it to all of you guys. From even just a year or two ago, it's a world of difference. I was running the R68 along the new N line and the level of detail is simply incredible. Might beat MSTS at this point, honestly. Looking forward to that R38 as well, cab looks beautiful. Any other downloads that you guys personally recommend? I've done most of the ones on BVEStation along with a bunch of London Underground routes. 

OpenBVE has come an unbelievable way, I've gotta hand it to all of you guys. From even just a year or two ago, it's a world of difference. I was running the R68 along the new N line and the level of detail is simply incredible. Might beat MSTS at this point, honestly. Looking forward to that R38 as well, cab looks beautiful. Any other downloads that you guys personally recommend? I've done most of the ones on BVEStation along with a bunch of London Underground routes. 

You may want to check out the trains on OpenBVEConnection as well:

http://www.openbveconnect.com/

And for those still wanting to join our Teamspeak NYCTA simulation, the address has changed.

t316.darkstarllc.com:10396

Hey guys, we're planning a multiplayer run on Teamspeak tonight, most likely starting between 8 PM and 8:30 PM.

We'll be starting with an IRT run first and then a B-Division run. Please have the (2), (A), (B), (D), (N), and (Q) lines available and some NYCTA trains if you plan to participate. These routes/trains can be downloaded from BVEStation or OpenBVEConnection, and OpenBVE itself can be downloaded here: LINK

Teamspeak can be downloaded here, and here is the server address: 

t316.darkstarllc.com:10396

Hope to see many people there.

Edited by Threxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2xcVWDU.jpg

Continuing the string of summer releases, the R32 package for OpenBVE has been released. 

This is a large package that contains several versions of the R32 from both Pre and Post Overhaul eras!

A big thanks to Mudwrestle for his many many hours of hard work putting together these extremely detailed exteriors.

• 2 weeks later...

good news on the R160 project its currently being "SMS(SoundsMaintenceSchedule)" and a regular SMS thanks to Randall for the texture of the flag and NYCT subway logo me and Chris plan on fixing up and taking out old textures with new ones interior wise and adding better things to it the sounds i'm putting in are going to be realistic not computerized sounds also the R160 will come in 4 sets the R160A the R160B Alston R160B Siemens and then the R160B mixed set of Siemens and Alston and as well as the R143 both versions enjoy the photo

R160Nnewlogoandflag.png

good news on the R160 project its currently being "SMS(SoundsMaintenceSchedule)" and a regular SMS thanks to Randall for the texture of the flag and NYCT subway logo me and Chris plan on fixing up and taking out old textures with new ones interior wise and adding better things to it the sounds i'm putting in are going to be realistic not computerized sounds also the R160 will come in 4 sets the R160A the R160B Alston R160B Siemens and then the R160B mixed set of Siemens and Alston and as well as the R143 both versions enjoy the photo

R160Nnewlogoandflag.png

The mixed set is going to be interesting since OpenBVE only recognizes 2 motor sounds. At any given point in time lol.

This train, along with the next several that I am releasing are dedicated to NJT engineer John Gaughran, the famous Jtgshu on railroad.net, who unexpectedly passed away on the morning August 26th, 2013. 

The mixed set is going to be interesting since OpenBVE only recognizes 2 motor sounds. At any given point in time lol.

This train, along with the next several that I am releasing are dedicated to NJT engineer John Gaughran, the famous Jtgshu on railroad.net, who unexpectedly passed away on the morning August 26th, 2013. 

oh we managed to make it make it work i was shocked by it :P lol