Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey the # 1 Motor Instructor is the best! He knows more about the Subway systerm then anyone I know.

Oh Yeah I applied for Train Service Supervisor so beat you too it DOB2RTO you need 2 years of in title as a T/O. I don't know if I'm going to take the job but I am studing hard for it to leave my options open.

Damn man you guys always hold me you held me today at 59th !!!!!! I was the one who said "I love you Kenny!" on the radio if you heard that lol.
AHHHHHHHH...LOL!!! We went for a "JOY RIDE" yesterday...From 207st. yard to Euclid Ave..B) I pulled in Euclid dropped the class off for a comfort and made a relay then we headed back uptown..Ha Ha!We were operating an R38(Don't like the brakes:() We're going for another"JOY RIDE"(I got the TSS's saying it now:p) very soon...:) Keep yur ears open on the B2 command!

Hey the # 1 Motor Instructor is the best! He knows more about the Subway systerm then anyone I know.

Oh Yeah I applied for Train Service Supervisor so beat you too it DOB2RTO you need 2 years of in title as a T/O. I don't know if I'm going to take the job but I am studing hard for it to leave my options open.

He's the GREATEST GUY PERIOD...HE know's every nut,bolt,and screw on those trains!He answer's EVERY question and explains it with SOOOOO much detail!Every place we go,people praise him!! Bk,queens,Manhattan it don't stop.Iam honored to be one of his students! It makes me wanna do better and better.He told us today,if he couldn't touch those trains he'd go crazy..Nuff Said.Good luck on that TSS exam...

Today the class was in Jamaica yard cutting and adding cars.We're preparing for the yard movement practical.I'm o.k. with it but I didn't master it.It's not so much of doing the cuts and adds,it's the steps.I'll get it tho..The TSS's are drilling us everyday with it.

NASCAR shouldn't you be at work???? We went from 241st terminal, to 238st midlle track, then into the yard (relay). Then we left the yard (they made us work), went to 180st yard to put the train we had there, to get another train from 180st yard, to take back to 239st yard. I got to operate the Bombs, for 2 stops on the middle track. It was a good distance between the stations, and it was fun!!! Tomorrow we will go from 241st, to Flatbush or Livonia. Our TSSs will prefer Livonia as we could possibly go into the yard, but if we go to Flatbush, we will have to leave immediately... I also got to operate a Saki when we got back to 239st yard (was from the 6 line and there for maintenance). Those who they felt needed more experience doing cuts and adds did that, while some of us were at the opposite end, and went up to the Low home (aka dwarf or jack).... I got to read the rails, see some timers, see a call on, see how we go through the wash. Best thing is one part of the practical has disappeared. No more pre-trip inspections. Just cuts and adds, safety stops, and road ops. Reason was, it is hard to do pre-trips on both sides of the trains, as their can be obstructions on one side of the train. So that is a load off the mind. Still I will always do my pre-trip, as I don't have the money to "buy" the train......Only thing I have to get used to, is the 1 controller on the R142 and R142A. I think I am in a power mode, but am actually in coast, and a few times the train rolled backwards in the yard. But it's a learning experience. Once we get a little more hands on experience, we should be more "trusting" of the train.... It ain't like driving a bus, that's for sure.....
Yeah, I was messin around on the computer before school.Sooo....You got to operate the train huh?? It's fun isn't it?? Ha Ha..I wish they eliminate the pre-inspections also.:mad:Man,It's TOOOO much. It's good to know, however it will take all day if it's the practical.I've noticed the T/O in yards make NO safety stops and after they add the trains,they NEVER inspect the add or cut.:eek:Tss's told us to observe their behavior and NEVER be like them.They said IF you wan't to sleep good at night,apply Handbrakes to ALL cars left in the yard and do yur inspections..Cover yur behind!

However you will they make sure everyone especially T/O's work there a few times while on the Extra List you have lots of (G)(R)(V) Road jobs and about 10 Station Switch jobs per tour exept Mids only one job.
Today we were in the dispatcher's office at 71 continental! We're finally face to face with the dispatcher that went crazy when our TSS asked for a relay last week.Well.....I think this person REALLY likes their job.:eek:He/she was yelling and kicking the fan in the tower because it wasn't facing them.:confused:He/she was very aggressive to say the least.:rolleyes:He/she even kicked one of my classmates out the chair that he/she is used to sitting in..lol You can't make this stuff up!

Oh No you guys are PM's?? I guess I'll be seeing you when your on the (A)(C). The R38's are good braking trains IF you know how to work them like I do. I can take a brake half way into the station and stop on the 8 CAR marker with no problems as long as its not a fast station.

Oh yeah CTL and 179 they go crazy like I said when your on your own Road or Switching CTL supervision will hook you up with the Special Relay like they do all non-Reg Train Crews.

Oh No you guys are PM's?? I guess I'll be seeing you when your on the (A)(C). The R38's are good braking trains IF you know how to work them like I do. I can take a brake half way into the station and stop on the 8 CAR marker with no problems as long as its not a fast station.

Oh yeah CTL and 179 they go crazy like I said when your on your own Road or Switching CTL supervision will hook you up with the Special Relay like they do all non-Reg Train Crews.

Don't forget 179th home of the imaginary switchmen.

When you guys get a chance to pick dont pick in the (G), (V), or (R) shit don't pick anything in queens except for the (A).

C/R bid sheets were horrible alot of Construction Flagging no thanks and there was one (B) job on the list that i didnt care about. The (:) job I keep getting tho was not on the bid sheets and on the assignment sheets it has no one on the job I like working with that T/O hes a barrel of laughs and drives great especially when we get a slant.

So yes tonight School Car thank you for messing up the (F) line at 21st Queensbridge southbound that brought a smile to my face.

Show off...:) I can rock the R38's,it's a GOOD train but I just feel the R-40A's breaking is more responsive.You know my thoughts on CTL.:mad:

Don't forget 179th home of the imaginary switchmen.

When you guys get a chance to pick dont pick in the (G), (V), or (R) shit don't pick anything in queens except for the (A).

I agree (G)(R)(V) I'd NEVER pick! I like the (J) tho,(E) is prob HIGH seniority.The (A)(C) is cool if you can report in Queens or Euclid ave.

C/R bid sheets were horrible alot of Construction Flagging no thanks and there was one (B) job on the list that i didnt care about. The (B) job I keep getting tho was not on the bid sheets and on the assignment sheets it has no one on the job I like working with that T/O hes a barrel of laughs and drives great especially when we get a slant.

So yes tonight School Car thank you for messing up the (F) line at 21st Queensbridge southbound that brought a smile to my face.

No problem.....:)

Oh Yeah I applied for Train Service Supervisor so beat you too it DOB2RTO you need 2 years of in title as a T/O. I don't know if I'm going to take the job but I am studying hard for it to leave my options open.

I'm getting a good laugh picturing you in unnecessary black military cargo pants, a mechanics gray shirt, and a cheap baseball hat, that looks like a mechanic used it to wipe sweat off their forehead, and sweat from under their armpits. That Grimace coloured (true English spelling) tie, is out of place also. TSSs uniforms, are the biggest joke of a Supervisors uniform ever.......

I am a man of the people, and that itch to make sure no one gets screwed over is itching like crazy. I already asked when the next union shop class will be. I am leaning more towards that direction now........ But if I decide to become a TSS in the future, well they are unionized to, and I can go to become a rep there also. So many options my friend......

Today the class was in Jamaica yard cutting and adding cars.We're preparing for the yard movement practical.I'm o.k. with it but I didn't master it.It's not so much of doing the cuts and adds,it's the steps.I'll get it tho..The TSS's are drilling us everyday with it.

Since we did ours with R142 and R142As, we will do the R62A on Monday and Tuesday. One of those days we suppose to get to operate them. I got to ride with a fellow T/O on the 1 line, to see the signals, and see how "SMEE" is operated. I can't wait to get to operate the old workhorses of the IRT........

C/R bid sheets were horrible alot of Construction Flagging no thanks and there was one (:) job on the list that i didnt care about. The (B) job I keep getting tho was not on the bid sheets and on the assignment sheets it has no one on the job I like working with that T/O hes a barrel of laughs and drives great especially when we get a slant.

Quit crying you big baby 032.gif.......

Just pick a yob, and suffer with it. Did you ever answer my question of how much time you have on the yob????

I'm getting a good laugh picturing you in unnecessary black military cargo pants, a mechanics gray shirt, and a cheap baseball hat, that looks like a mechanic used it to wipe sweat off their forehead, and sweat from under their armpits. That Grimace coloured (true English spelling) tie, is out of place also. TSSs uniforms, are the biggest joke of a Supervisors uniform ever.......

I am a man of the people, and that itch to make sure no one gets screwed over is itching like crazy. I already asked when the next union shop class will be. I am leaning more towards that direction now........ But if I decide to become a TSS in the future, well they are unionized to, and I can go to become a rep there also. So many options my friend......

Keep yur word!! Stay a man of the people! Some Tss's forget where they come from..:mad:Yesterday,me and a TSS had some words!My TSS's did not come in the classroom yet because they stepped to the tower to get a train for us to make moves in the yard.(switching)My classmates were talking TA business and some T/O stuff.Two minutes later a classmate says "TSS says lower it down"Fidel Castro(TSS) walks in the room WITHOUT identifying himself,yells"GET OUT YUR BOOKS!!" "YOU GUYS SHOULD BE STUDYING SIGNALS IN THE INDUCTION BOOK".At this point I'm like...:confused:One of my classmates was sitting back in the chair and he yells"SIT UP" Fidel yells again"SUPT'S COULD BE WALKING AROUND HERE AND YOU GUYS ARE NOT STUDYING." My phone rings,so I lift it to put it on vibrate and he yells AGAIN "NO CELL PHONES,PUT IT DOWN!" Ok......It's ON!!!!! I tell him"You don't have to talk to us like that,We heard you." My classmates all look at me like they saw the second coming of Christ.:eek:They're like "Shhhhh don't say anything else."I'm saying to myself are you kidding me??:confused: so I say to Fidel(TSS) "My father's home right now." The TSS looks at me and exits the room without saying a word.Seconds later,he comes back in and says"T/O come with me"(Tone downs his voice) We go in the other room and he asks for my name and pass,I gave it to him.I turn around and asks him his name and pass and he looks confused as if I have some nerve!He gives me his name then kinda shoots back in HIS classroom before I get his pass!Finally MY TSS's walks in the room and I ask them for his pass and one of my TSS's gives me the look like don't worry about him.Sooo...I get his pass,I tell the whole class "Don't ever let anyone regardless of his/her rank to talk to you like that" "you can write them up as well as they can write you up!" Later on my TSS tells me the real deal on this guy and we caught him spying on us...lol Anyways,the word on the street is he has had problems with the previous classes and basically he's a.....(Fill in the blank) If he even thinks about pushing the issue I will have 9 G-2's..Rude,unprofessional,un-becoming of a TSS,did not Identify himself!! Try me,I have almost 10 years of experience with Pricks like you!!I use that pen very WELL..

Since we did ours with R142 and R142As, we will do the R62A on Monday and Tuesday. One of those days we suppose to get to operate them. I got to ride with a fellow T/O on the 1 line, to see the signals, and see how "SMEE" is operated. I can't wait to get to operate the old workhorses of the IRT........
I think yur gonna like the SMEE equipment! We're gonna get to the "idiot trains" towards the end of the course.

Keep yur word!! Stay a man of the people! Some Tss's forget where they come from..:mad:Yesterday,me and a TSS had some words!My TSS's did not come in the classroom yet because they stepped to the tower to get a train for us to make moves in the yard.(switching)My classmates were talking TA business and some T/O stuff.Two minutes later a classmate says "TSS says lower it down"Fidel Castro(TSS) walks in the room WITHOUT identifying himself,yells"GET OUT YUR BOOKS!!" "YOU GUYS SHOULD BE STUDYING SIGNALS IN THE INDUCTION BOOK".At this point I'm like...:confused:One of my classmates was sitting back in the chair and he yells"SIT UP" Fidel yells again"SUPT'S COULD BE WALKING AROUND HERE AND YOU GUYS ARE NOT STUDYING." My phone rings,so I lift it to put it on vibrate and he yells AGAIN "NO CELL PHONES,PUT IT DOWN!" Ok......It's ON!!!!! I tell him"You don't have to talk to us like that,We heard you." My classmates all look at me like they saw the second coming of Christ.:eek:They're like "Shhhhh don't say anything else."I'm saying to myself are you kidding me??:confused: so I say to Fidel(TSS) "My father's home right now." The TSS looks at me and exits the room without saying a word.Seconds later,he comes back in and says"T/O come with me"(Tone downs his voice) We go in the other room and he asks for my name and pass,I gave it to him.I turn around and asks him his name and pass and he looks confused as if I have some nerve!He gives me his name then kinda shoots back in HIS classroom before I get his pass!Finally MY TSS's walks in the room and I ask them for his pass and one of my TSS's gives me the look like don't worry about him.Sooo...I get his pass,I tell the whole class "Don't ever let anyone regardless of his/her rank to talk to you like that" "you can write them up as well as they can write you up!" Later on my TSS tells me the real deal on this guy and we caught him spying on us...lol Anyways,the word on the street is he has had problems with the previous classes and basically he's a.....(Fill in the blank) If he even thinks about pushing the issue I will have 9 G-2's..Rude,unprofessional,un-becoming of a TSS,did not Identify himself!! Try me,I have almost 10 years of experience with Pricks like you!!I use that pen very WELL..

I see Stations trained you well.

I see Stations trained you well.
Very well! I'm immuned to b.s. He thought ALL of us were off the street so he figured he could instill some kind of FEAR.:rolleyes:I respect everyone and I deserve the same respect back! Don't talk down to me..who do you think you are??Honestly,I think my classmates were SCARED.:P

It's things like this, that makes me really want to go the union way. Problem is, I would be like Roger used to be. In managements face, and telling the TA off, on most issues, that punish the workforce. Like I said before, the closest I got to be a man of the people, was at the charter company I worked for, before I came to the TA. Didn't go down to get 25cents extra for everyone else, and a buck more for myself, like the two most senior people there did. Everyone got $1 more per hour, and started off with more. They did try to con me into accepting more for myself, and forgetting the others. I don't play that, nor did I. It was everyone or no one.

Back to the MTA, I don't trust the new management anymore that I trusted Pataki's administration....

NASCAR

Almost sounds like you where at 179 , CTL or Stillwell. I would put my money on 179 with that PM (F) Line TSS. Now I realised the TSS was wrong but you going to get alot of that when you come on the road. Everyone knew I was promotional so they didn't bug me as much but some still tryed and I found the best way to handle it is be humble about it especially when on Probation. That TSS is not going to write you up directly he can't but can report the incident to his Line Supt and the TSS's names and passes of those in charge of your group. Technically having your cell phone on while on duty is a violation but no one realy say anything unless its distracts you from your job . I know since you spoke up to that TSS he most likely got you on the watch list when its time for your class to be released to the crew office. so don't be suprised if they watch you more then your other classmates because they just waiting for you to mess up and its so easy for a T/O to slip up.

Archived