Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

Oh yeah I heard you guys around W 4 and gave your TSS a shout out on the radio. Yeah a lot of places will NOT let you park your car in the Yard without a Permit and 207YD and Lenox are the worst you can't park in the yard just with a Permit but also a Special YARD sticker from the Supt of the Yard.

You have to be careful parking around Woodlawn, Bedford Pk ,Concourse area because they will break into your car in that area. I been lucky parked it over night but I see cars with Busted windows from time to time. Now at Woodlawn working the (4) my car was busted into along with other co workers.

Oh yeah I seen another new T/O School car class at Euclid they took my (C) as a taxi into Pitkin YD. That was a interesting group quite keeping to themselfs and don't even say hello. They looking at the floor like no one is around. I have seen classes like that and they are normally the ones I exept to see on the Platfrom with in the first month of being released to the Crew Office. So both you guys tell me your class isn't the same way.

LOL..Another "Joy Ride" yesss...That was us.:) That was me giving my Tss a radio check.:D I will be so careful that I'll leave my truck in front of my house on the days we gotta go to the Bronx. My class is cool,I kinda had to break them in because they were a lil stiff!I'm no team leader or nothing like that but I had to rub some of my TA culture on them.WE are one BIG FAMILY.:D If we ever run into you,it will be cool.Monday we'll be at Euclid Ave. all day doing station switching.If you see a T/O class with the #1 Man(TSS) that's us,give a holla!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thursday and Friday My class was at the simulator at 130 livingston street.I HATED IT!! First of all it was 7:00 A.M. and that's Tooo early! We're a P.M. class and it kinda throws yur pattern off...Anyways,we get there and here's this TSS(Another Fidel Castro) talking all this SMACK about signals and how we should word answers when a signal test comes up.:mad:My TSS's taught us the signals a certain way and this guy is saying "NO" that's wrong and it should be written this way or else!! Wtf is wrong with these people?? Either it's this way or that way!! A yellow over green is Proceed with caution on the main route,expect the next signal to be at danger! He's saying "at danger" is the "Old School way" He says we should write "expect the next signal to be red" Danger,Red... What the Phuc is the difference???? Christ...RED=DANGER! Same Sh!t!!! Are you telling me I'd be wrong??? Anyways he starts asking us questions about yard movements and signals,restricted speed and extreme caution(favorite phrase) blah blah...when we would answer a question,he would kinda challenge the way we were taught! I think he was being disrespectful to our TSS(Not the #1 man) in my opinion.:mad:This is all B.S. to me and I was ready to give him the business but I chilled out.Before I go,this TSS had a problem with the way I had my uniform on(such lames) I had my shirt tucked in my pants,shirt buttoned to the second hole from the top and he had a problem.:mad:he act like I had my chest hairs showing with tiny chains as if I was a member of the mafia!He tells me"button yur shirt all the way up to the top" meanwhile HIS shirt is the same exact way mine is!!!! Would you believe it? I can't make this stuff up! So I look at him like,c'mon bro you can't be serious??? He then looks at his shirt after he scolds me and says"oh,see I gotta button mine too" I'm not done...I have a blue fitted (MTA) hat that matches EXACTLY with the uniform,it's blue and it looks very nice with the uniform.I wear this hat EVERYDAY in front of my TSS's and in fact the Supt. saw it and said nothing! It's NO big deal,it's a effin hat! Not a yankee hat,not a Mets hat.....A (MTA) hat!! WOW!!! he tells me"don't wear that hat here anymore because it's not TA authorized" Meanwhile, this girl in my class has a blue hat with nothing on it but lint and he wanna phuc with me.:mad:Later on,my classmates seen him sleeping with his head back,mouth open snooring on TA time..lol Talk about setting an example huh? These people are nothing but jokes! P.S. I don't really care for the R(RAT)160! I'm a SMEE man.:)

LOL..Another "Joy Ride" yesss...That was us.:( That was me giving my Tss a radio check.:D I will be so careful that I'll leave my truck in front of my house on the days we gotta go to the Bronx. My class is cool,I kinda had to break them in because they were a lil stiff!I'm no team leader or nothing like that but I had to rub some of my TA culture on them.WE are one BIG FAMILY.:D If we ever run into you,it will be cool.Monday we'll be at Euclid Ave. all day doing station switching.If you see a T/O class with the #1 Man(TSS) that's us,give a holla!

NASCAR, I really wished I were to had picked into the B Div, and just did the travel from Yonkers. Some of my classmates, felt we made a mistake coming over here. If I could do it over again, I would have stayed in the B Div. By the way a class did start 2 weeks after we did. They are all A Div. That is most likely why they had at first put all of our class in the B Div, before taking 10 to A Div. Our instructors do have time in the system, but not alot Of TSS schoolcar time. A TSS with alot of time in a title, does things differently than those with little in title. Why? They had many, many, years of observing and teaching classes, and have got the knowledge of what will keep the class interested, and studying.......

Thursday and Friday My class was at the simulator at 130 livingston street.I HATED IT!! First of all it was 7:00 A.M. and that's Tooo early! We're a P.M. class and it kinda throws yur pattern off...Anyways,we get there and here's this TSS(Another Fidel Castro) talking all this SMACK about signals and how we should word answers when a signal test comes up.:mad:My TSS's taught us the signals a certain way and this guy is saying "NO" that's wrong and it should be written this way or else!! Wtf is wrong with these people?? Either it's this way or that way!! A yellow over green is Proceed with caution on the main route,expect the next signal to be at danger! He's saying "at danger" is the "Old School way" He says we should write "expect the next signal to be red" Danger,Red... What the Phuc is the difference???? Christ...RED=DANGER! Same Sh!t!!! Are you telling me I'd be wrong??? Anyways he starts asking us questions about yard movements and signals,restricted speed and extreme caution(favorite phrase) blah blah...when we would answer a question,he would kinda challenge the way we were taught! I think he was being disrespectful to our TSS(Not the #1 man) in my opinion.:mad:This is all B.S. to me and I was ready to give him the business but I chilled out.Before I go,this TSS had a problem with the way I had my uniform on(such lames) I had my shirt tucked in my pants,shirt buttoned to the second hole from the top and he had a problem.:mad:he act like I had my chest hairs showing with tiny chains as if I was a member of the mafia!He tells me"button yur shirt all the way up to the top" meanwhile HIS shirt is the same exact way mine is!!!! Would you believe it? I can't make this stuff up! So I look at him like,c'mon bro you can't be serious??? He then looks at his shirt after he scolds me and says"oh,see I gotta button mine too" I'm not done...I have a blue fitted (MTA) hat that matches EXACTLY with the uniform,it's blue and it looks very nice with the uniform.I wear this hat EVERYDAY in front of my TSS's and in fact the Supt. saw it and said nothing! It's NO big deal,it's a effin hat! Not a yankee hat,not a Mets hat.....A (MTA) hat!! WOW!!! he tells me"don't wear that hat here anymore because it's not TA authorized" Meanwhile, this girl in my class has a blue hat with nothing on it but lint and he wanna phuc with me.:mad:Later on,my classmates seen him sleeping with his head back,mouth open snooring on TA time..lol Talk about setting an example huh? These people are nothing but jokes! P.S. I don't really care for the R(RAT)160! I'm a SMEE man.:D

The females are always treated differently than the males. You both could be doing the same thing, or she worst, and the male instructors, do treat them gently and nicely. We need more female TSSs, to balance this out.

As for the signals, we are going through the same thing. One says one thing, one another. I am going by what the Blue book, and the bulletins say. We were told if we get marked wrong, just go to the Blue book, or bulletin, and they have to mark you correct. Even though the TSSs at the simulator say one thing, and ours another, the Book and bulletin has all say. The subway simulator pamphlet, isn't the rule, it's just a guide, as we were told by our TSSs......Besides if they mark 10 people wrong for the same answer to the same signal question, they know they messed up somewhere. So everyone of us has to be on the same answer with the signals.......

DOB I wish you were in my class also,we would have had a ball cracking jokes but still learning the job..I get what yur saying about yur Tss's!I have been blessed to have a guy with TOO MUCH wisdom..lol He's great and we're learning so much that sometimes we have to tell him "hey,hey it's time for lunch" or "it's time to go home" If you ask him a question I swear he'll stay 4 hrs. after class to explain ANYTHING to you! One thing I admire about him is that he has the respect of the people! My TSS's make you wan't to learn the job and I wan't them to be proud of us as a class.In fact,I wan't to be a good T/O and perform well.One thing that's good about the "A" division is you have less trains to learn.We just briefly did cuts and adds to the R46's and I feel we need to do it again.SMEE euipment trains are mostly the same and I'm comfortable with them.How's the son doing in yur class(wink,wink)? wassup with my man John?Yoooooooo....I forgot to tell you, Sopsquash failed TWO tests in a row 40's and 50's and he's up for tutoring ASAP!! He's sleeping in class EVERYDAY and the class is starting to get P!ssed off..lol I'm worried about that guy.For the ladies,yes they get special treatment..Whatcha gonna do??:(

DOB I wish you were in my class also,we would have had a ball cracking jokes but still learning the job..

We are doing that in our class.....

I get what yur saying about yur Tss's!I have been blessed to have a guy with TOO MUCH wisdom..lol He's great and we're learning so much that sometimes we have to tell him "hey,hey it's time for lunch" or "it's time to go home"

We have one like that. Some of the class don't like the long answers he gives, but he does make you think, and hopefully answer your own question (if you read the material)...

SMEE euipment trains are mostly the same and I'm comfortable with them.

I was, but only at slow speeds. Outside of that....well see signature below.....

How's the son doing in yur class(wink,wink)?

He knows this stuff, and has been consulting daddy wisdom.....

wassup with my man John?

He's still in it, and he said he will stay this time.....

Yoooooooo....I forgot to tell you, Sopsquash failed TWO tests in a row 40's and 50's and he's up for tutoring ASAp!! He's sleeping in class EVERYDAY and the class is starting to get P!ssed off..lol I'm worried about that guy.

You are worried about him, but you call him Sasquatch??? LOL!!!! We had a few fail all the quizzes we got so far, and they have been tutored. Some still don't get it, but they are not reading the stuff, that is why they are failing. They are listening to the old timers, and they are telling them the things they "need to know to pass". Problem is the things they need to know, are alot more than what the old timers needed to know. We need to know more, due to the old times taking shortcuts and getting hurt, causing all of the rules we have today.....

For the ladies,yes they get special treatment..Whatcha gonna do??:(

Nothing one can do.......

Last some of our classes have been on the train, due to us being bounced out of the trailers we suppose to be in, due to other classes (mainly TA-07) being there.....They are the 1st of the 40+ in the class that started 2 weeks after we did.....

DOB ya think those conductors are gonna stay or what?Alot of conductors that I know ALL go back..They say they don't like it because it's too much work!As far as failing ALL the quiz that's nuts..:eek:I try to study the book and review notes I take in class as much as I can.Once you read the book and listen to the TSS's everything all comes together.This girl in my class has a cousin thats a T/O and is teaching her bad habits also.She is not getting it either,she admits that she does not study because she doesn't have time..lol

Ya man Sopsquash almost fell out the chair the other day sleeping in class..HA HA LOL!!! Oh yeah,we walked the structure at CI to the yard and I was p!ssing in my pants!:eek:I never seen Sopsquash walk so FAST in my life.:(

Yeah NASCAR I'll be working the (C) Monday and I should see you and I'll be talking with your TSS because we go back a few years. I remember he helped me out with School car when he was still a Road TSS. He took 3 Hours to explain everything in detail that I needed help on.

Being a C/R is a lot easy at times compared to being in the front because up front you have to be alert 100% of the time while in the Middle not so much. I would have been doing great if I stayed a C/R. I could have had 8 Years in title instead of taking the Promotion. However when a service delay happens and no one is at my window and look back see the crowd at the C/R's postion thats when I say "This is why I'm a T/O".

DOB ya think those conductors are gonna stay or what?Alot of conductors that I know ALL go back..They say they don't like it because it's too much work!As far as failing ALL the quiz that's nuts..:eek:I try to study the book and review notes I take in class as much as I can.Once you read the book and listen to the TSS's everything all comes together.This girl in my class has a cousin thats a T/O and is teaching her bad habits also.She is not getting it either,she admits that she does not study because she doesn't have time..lol

That is the same excuse some use in our class. All of the C/Rs in my class, want this job. They seem to forget what we were told at the beginning. Those excuses don't work, and they suppose to make adjustments in their lives, or it won't work out here.....

Ya man Sopsquash almost fell out the chair the other day sleeping in class..HA HA LOL!!! Oh yeah,we walked the structure at CI to the yard and I was p!ssing in my pants!:eek:I never seen Sopsquash walk so FAST in my life.:(

I hated walking the structures, but now I got so used to the heights so quickly, It doesn't bother me to much anymore. I still won't walk Gun Hill Rd, on the 2 line. I will be crawling on my belly on that one, on the outer tracks 1 and 4, and would walk on track M (2 and 3)......

As for Sasquatch, I really wish I was there to see him sleeping in class. If he were to fall out of the chair while sleeping, I would be crying in class laughing my a$$ off. Question? Do you think the floor would have yelled " what the hell", if he were to fall on it????? Walking the structures, remember let the big people go first. If it's going to break, it will do it under their weight first. But then again, they can weaken it, but not break it, then when you step on it, its structural integrity has been compromised by the glandularly challenged, so it breaks when you step on it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.....

Yeah NASCAR I'll be working the (C) Monday and I should see you and I'll be talking with your TSS because we go back a few years. I remember he helped me out with School car when he was still a Road TSS. He took 3 Hours to explain everything in detail that I needed help on.

Being a C/R is a lot easy at times compared to being in the front because up front you have to be alert 100% of the time while in the Middle not so much. I would have been doing great if I stayed a C/R. I could have had 8 Years in title instead of taking the Promotion. However when a service delay happens and no one is at my window and look back see the crowd at the C/R's postion thats when I say "This is why I'm a T/O".

When we went down the road, they had one of us stay in the middle, and one in the rear, to make sure no one jumps between the cars, while we made station stops. It was fun being a C/R for an hour or so. But you are correct about the delays, then having to face all those angry folks.....

Yep,that's him the #1 man! He'll help you ANYTIME..Great guy!I wonder if he ever gets mad??lol That's an advantage of sitting up front,you can hide when it hits the fan..;)Did you file for the TSS exam? Our TSS showed us the exam notice at GCC yard.He said it should be out in another 4 years.

DOB,yur a funny guy..Ha Ha! I taped him sleeping on my camera phone.:) It's a classic,he's like the morphine addicts how they look when they're about to fall then at the last minute they catch themselves!

LOL!!! Now that's funny..... Question? We have one guy in our group who huffs and puffs, quite loudly, and he isn't even fat. He just has the big (prego) belly. Does the one formerly known as Eeyore (now known as Sasquatch), huff and puff when he has to walk long distances, or do Preparation for Service and/or Yard moves? Does he have to take a "breather", when doing these tasks????

Yeah I filed for TSS I have to start studying the Rule Book , Bulletin and C/R , T/O and TW/O proceedures or I should say Refresh myself.

Now the thing your classmates have to remember school car way doesn't work for every situation they are just covering themselfs so something happens they can hang you on it. You guys will find your way but for now only do things as per School car instruction because thats the only way to pass.

This stuff happens in every T/O class conflict between school car and Train Operators in the field. Then when you guys hit the road you get nervus and forget everything then get in trouble and spend time on the Platfrom.

I wish all of you once again a lot of Luck! NASCAR hope to see you guys tomorrow! I guess I'll have a extra 10 Minutes to relay while you take my train over.

LOL!!! Now that's funny..... Question? We have one guy in our group who huffs and puffs, quite loudly, and he isn't even fat. He just has the big (prego) belly. Does the one formerly known as Eeyore (now known as Sasquatch), huff and puff when he has to walk long distances, or do Preparation for Service and/or Yard moves? Does he have to take a "breather", when doing these tasks????
Actually he starts to sleep when we hit the classroom.If we go into a trailer and it's kinda hot,before the AC starts blowing he starts wiping his head and there he goes..counting sheep!ZZZZZZ when we do yard movements and preparing the train for service he is very SLOW.In fact,we make sure he goes last.The ladies in our class hate when he's in the way because he blocks everything.All you see is A*S!!! It's like the great wall of China.;) The only time he walks fast is when we're getting off and if we go for a "Joy Ride" he's the first one at the cab with tools and all.He's a strange guy,kinda creepy too.I remember when we had pre-employment at 180 livingston,everyone had on suits or we were in business attire,slacks,shirts blah blah.This guy had on a white T-shirt that was too small,old looking shorts,socks and some sneakers that were screaming for Mercy..lol I'm like this guy is Nuts!!!Sh*t I should have showed up in a wife beater,basketball shorts and some Jordan slippers.:)

Yeah I filed for TSS I have to start studying the Rule Book , Bulletin and C/R , T/O and TW/O proceedures or I should say Refresh myself.

Now the thing your classmates have to remember school car way doesn't work for every situation they are just covering themselfs so something happens they can hang you on it. You guys will find your way but for now only do things as per School car instruction because thats the only way to pass.

This stuff happens in every T/O class conflict between school car and Train Operators in the field. Then when you guys hit the road you get nervus and forget everything then get in trouble and spend time on the Platfrom.

I wish all of you once again a lot of Luck! NASCAR hope to see you guys tomorrow! I guess I'll have a extra 10 Minutes to relay while you take my train over.

See ya at Euclid...:)

Whats wrong with the R62/A at high speeds?

Well on the 1 line, they suppose to have the best of the old work-horses. Braking, I find them to be crappy, compared to the 7 lines equipment. The R142 and R124A brakes better at high speeds, IMO. As a matter of fact, a few T/O on here said the NTT trains do brake better. Even TSSs say this....

Actually he starts to sleep when we hit the classroom.If we go into a trailer and it's kinda hot,before the AC starts blowing he starts wiping his head and there he goes..counting sheep!ZZZZZZ when we do yard movements and preparing the train for service he is very SLOW.In fact,we make sure he goes last.The ladies in our class hate when he's in the way because he blocks everything.All you see is A*S!!! It's like the great wall of China.:P The only time he walks fast is when we're getting off and if we go for a "Joy Ride" he's the first one at the cab with tools and all.He's a strange guy,kinda creepy too.I remember when we had pre-employment at 180 livingston,everyone had on suits or we were in business attire,slacks,shirts blah blah.This guy had on a white T-shirt that was too small,old looking shorts,socks and some sneakers that were screaming for Mercy..lol I'm like this guy is Nuts!!!Sh*t I should have showed up in a wife beater,basketball shorts and some Jordan slippers.;)

I hope he doesn't get a hold of this, as he is going to sit on you. A$$ the size of the Great Wall of China, funny. Sneakers screaming for mercy, hilarious.....I was in tears at that line.........

Actually he starts to sleep when we hit the classroom.If we go into a trailer and it's kinda hot,before the AC starts blowing he starts wiping his head and there he goes..counting sheep!ZZZZZZ when we do yard movements and preparing the train for service he is very SLOW.In fact,we make sure he goes last.The ladies in our class hate when he's in the way because he blocks everything.All you see is A*S!!! It's like the great wall of China.:P The only time he walks fast is when we're getting off and if we go for a "Joy Ride" he's the first one at the cab with tools and all.He's a strange guy,kinda creepy too.I remember when we had pre-employment at 180 livingston,everyone had on suits or we were in business attire,slacks,shirts blah blah.This guy had on a white T-shirt that was too small,old looking shorts,socks and some sneakers that were screaming for Mercy..lol I'm like this guy is Nuts!!!Sh*t I should have showed up in a wife beater,basketball shorts and some Jordan slippers.;)

haha sounds like a real character...has he had to squeeze into an R44 cab yet?

From the sound of it this guy might have a hard time unless he like to operate the whole trip standing up, which on the (A) line sounds like no fun at all. At BERA my 6'3 240 lbs frame can bearly sit down in the R17, I could not imagine an R44.

Well on the 1 line, they suppose to have the best of the old work-horses. Braking, I find them to be crappy, compared to the 7 lines equipment. The R142 and R124A brakes better at high speeds, IMO. As a matter of fact, a few T/O on here said the NTT trains do brake better. Even TSSs say this....

I hope he doesn't get a hold of this, as he is going to sit on you. A$$ the size of the Great Wall of China, funny. Sneakers screaming for mercy, hilarious.....I was in tears at that line.........

Ha Ha..lemme stop!

haha sounds like a real character...has he had to squeeze into an R44 cab yet?
Well the R44 cab is a little bigger than the R38's and R32's.The R38's,32's cabs are kinda small for anyone.Listen,I don't wanna be cruel to anyone because I'm a cool guy.I'm just having a little fun..this guy is just HILARIOUS!!!:D

I find the best braking on the older SMEE cars R32-R42 the best is the R 40 Slaint which I am glad I operated before they started scrapping them. Im glad I can still operate a R 32 which I had on my first trip I smoked my follower and NASCAR is a witness .

It was nice meeting you NASCAR and your classmates. You got a great group of people and at least one great instructor. I didn't know the other guy. I may brake my own rule this time around and post any of your classmates if asked but any other class I won't take them.

From the sound of it this guy might have a hard time unless he like to operate the whole trip standing up, which on the (A) line sounds like no fun at all. At BERA my 6'3 240 lbs frame can bearly sit down in the R17, I could not imagine an R44.
Like I was saying before,R44's cab is MUCH bigger than the R32's,38's,17's.The train seats are not comfy at all.That being said,YES he'll have a much harder time than the average Joe.I prefer standing up when I operate because I feel more alert.On the (A) I'd switch up here and there because that run is a BEAST.Far Rock to 207...:eek:

Archived