Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Though you're always required to have your whistle on you as well as other PPE the main purpose of the whistle is for when your flagging even though they've begun to use air horns now on larger jobs.

Snow duty is not hard at all. It can be cold but not hard.

One attitude to keep in order to pass probation is if your asked to do something never refuse or say no. Say "I'll try" even if you're unsure or scared and go out and make an effort. If you can't do it then you tell them you're having a problem with it. That way you did not refuse an order.

Good info. Thanks dp.

Question for those in the 9/11 class (or feel free to answer if you know), will you guys get a check on 9/21 or do you have to wait till 10/5? I know some places take time with their payroll and you might have to wait a full cycle to get the first paycheck.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the information you provided, however I have two questions:

a) What's the purpose of the whistle?

b) I understand what you said about being on probation, however, isn't the hardest part of probation being on "snow duty"?

a. Whistle is used for flagging as someone mentioned earlier. 

b. Hardest part of probation is not getting caught up in the bullshit and following the rules. Not sure what snow duty would have to do with it. 

Good info. Thanks dp.

Question for those in the 9/11 class (or feel free to answer if you know), will you guys get a check on 9/21 or do you have to wait till 10/5? I know some places take time with their payroll and you might have to wait a full cycle to get the first paycheck.

The pay period is Sun-Sat. They'll get a check on the 21st for  5 days. 

So the mail just arrived and I received a letter from 180 Livingston Street. Upon opening the letter, I realize that it's an invitation to come down to 180 Livingston Street on Friday, 9/22/17 for the drug test!! I couldn't be more happier!!

(List number is in between 2,800 & 2,850)

So I just received another letter in the mail telling me that the revised date is now a week later, Friday, September 29th. Damn...

So I just received another letter in the mail telling me that the revised date is now a week later, Friday, September 29th. Damn...

While I know it sucks to get pushed back, at least you still got a letter young

Ribb, where did you hear about the next class?

Btw, thanks for the info Rsk!

Edited by G13

I didn't make the sept 25 class due to medical hold...

My medical got cleared on Monday so now I'm in the Nov.6 class

Consider yourself lucky that your situation only took about a week and not longer...hopefully within that class, you'll have the lowest seniority out of your classmates...

I didn't make the sept 25 class due to medical hold [emoji30][emoji30]...

My medical got cleared on Monday so now I'm in the Nov.6 class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to give in my clearance documents on friday 9/22. Maybe I can make it in that same class. I've been on medical hold for a month already.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Im going to give in my clearance documents on friday 9/22. Maybe I can make it in that same class. I've been on medical hold for a month already.

Offhand, do you remember when you took your last drug test? If it was greater than 30 days, they will make you take another one before proceeding...

Hey I've been monitoring this forum since the very beginning. This is my first time posting. I went for the preemployment process on aug 21st but never heard back. I'm aware that after 30 days its required I take the drug test again. If anyone can answer me, how and when should I expect to be contacted about taking the medical? Is there a direct number I can call?

But if you want to ease your concerns further call Mrs Robinson, either really early around 7:30am-8am or around 3:30pm-4pm. Her number is (347) 643-8198. She's the liaison for Trackworkers.

Hey I've been monitoring this forum since the very beginning. This is my first time posting. I went for the preemployment process on aug 21st but never heard back. I'm aware that after 30 days its required I take the drug test again. If anyone can answer me, how and when should I expect to be contacted about taking the medical? Is there a direct number I can call?

See the above post for a phone number to call. Hope this helps.

FYI - as a reminder, my list number is in the 2800's and I'm going down next Friday (9/29/17) for the first drug test.

On 9/21/2017 at 11:19 AM, nyi66 said:

my list number is 18** and i took my drug test Aug. 25th and still haven't heard back to do the medical, should i be concerned?

Not really I heard from family in transit over the past day that they are going to hire 500 people in the next couple of months for track work 

On 9/18/2017 at 11:27 PM, bigadmin4ever said:

What are the night shift hours for Maintenance and Capital?

Night shift hours that I've seen are either 10pm-6am or 11pm-7am.  The majority of the hours your night shift falls upon determines the day you work for.

Here's an example:  You're scheduled to work on Monday; That means you start your shift on Sunday at 10/11pm.  That time is counted for Monday because you worked the most hours (6 to 7 out of 8) of that shift on the Monday.

Take this into account when you have to work night shifts.  If you're scheduled to work Tuesday, but don't show up at 10/11pm  Monday night, you are considered AWOL.  I don't know why they do it this way, but it is what it is.

Edited by amendamatrix

I showed up last week for drug test only to be sent home. They rescheduled me but didn't mail the letters out in time telling so. Showed up today on my rescheduled day, only to be told there is no vacancy for this position. Was told to now head down to somewhere in the city to put myself back on the list.

50 minutes ago, Queensqueens111 said:

I showed up last week for drug test only to be sent home. They rescheduled me but didn't mail the letters out in time telling so. Showed up today on my rescheduled day, only to be told there is no vacancy for this position. Was told to now head down to somewhere in the city to put myself back on the list.

Wow, wait, did you ever remove yourself from the list? What is your list #? Never heard of this happening before. 

Edited by G13

39 minutes ago, G13 said:

Wow, wait, did you ever remove yourself from the list? What is your list #? Never heard of this happening before. 

I'm in the 2600s and no, never did. DCAS said I'm still on the list and Livingston st is wrong, as they haven't gotten that high on the list yet. No idea why I was called in for a pre-employment process to begin with, whole situation is just confusing so who knows.