Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Not sure about the last class but the March 12th had 3 over nights there for maintenance and 1 for cleaning. Everyone they met has told them to bid out of Utica lol

I been at Utica for 4 months now it's cool

I mean if anybody coming to track and don't want to work  it won't matter where they go.   

51 minutes ago, Nikki0927 said:

I called DCAS just now and it said that i am currently on an outstanding certification...what exactly does that mean? That my name has been sent to MTA?

More or less...yes. In other words, you should be receiving a letter from them shortly. However, if you look at this website, at least in my opinion, nothing makes sense (type "03600" in the search box on the top right, and sort the list numbers in ascending order). As a result, you'll see that everybody through the end of the list is certified.

Go figure...

Edited by +Young+

19 hours ago, Face0312 said:

For day 1 and day 2 of reporting how long is the transit orientation and how  long is the union orientation . Pretty much my question is. Is this a 8 to 4 day?

They're both pretty much all day events.. 8am to 4pm with lunch sometime inbetween

U r appointed now to transit 

Everyday u r gonna get paid regular pay for at lease 8 hours everyday of school orentation training or whatever u do that day is gonna consist of 8 hours pay if u have to stay longer u will be paid overtime but planning on everyday being at lease 8 hours. There r no short days   

Good luck and welcone to track

Good afternoon to everyone. Congrats on the people who start Monday. So I go in for medical Tuesday. It was pretty quick on them getting back to me. It's looking like I'm gonna be in the next class. So I live on the far end tip of the Bronx.. and the school I see is near Coney island.. so for people on here.. is there parking around the school... Either way travel by train I don't wanna get stuck and driving not finding a spot.... What have you guys done?

50 minutes ago, PotentialMTAemployee said:

Good afternoon to everyone. Congrats on the people who start Monday. So I go in for medical Tuesday. It was pretty quick on them getting back to me. It's looking like I'm gonna be in the next class. So I live on the far end tip of the Bronx.. and the school I see is near Coney island.. so for people on here.. is there parking around the school... Either way travel by train I don't wanna get stuck and driving not finding a spot.... What have you guys done?

You will find parking if you get there early. School most days starts at 7 just shoot to get there around 530/6 and you’ll be fine. The last two classes had people from Conn,Penn,Jersey, and up pat the metro north that drove everyday and were fine. Most didn’t even bother to move their cars on alternate days and got away with it. Don’t think traffic comes down the schools block, just don’t park in the parking lot you will get towed. Some days will start at 3pm though l just keep that in mind.

The part of Brooklyn (south Brooklyn) where school car is located isn't particularly hard to find street parking by NYC standards.  Much easier than downtown Brooklyn or Park Slope or Williamsburg, or just about anywhere in Manhattan or most of Queens. 

Getting stuck in traffic (e.g., on Belt Parkway or Staten Island Expressway or BQE) is a bigger consideration, and something bosses will not have any sympathy for. So, yes, if you drive get an early start and aim to be there by 6, based on mapping calculations that account for traffic. Lots of people do that. You can stop for coffee/food/bathroom at Dunkin down the street or nap/study in your car until Security will let you in to the school, at a little past 6:30a. The other issue is that any parking violation in NYC is now at least $100 or so, but just pay attention to the signs. 

Because school car is so far into South Brooklyn it's difficult for people from deep in Long Island or places like Dutchess County or eastern Queens or the northern Bronx to reliably get there by 7 a.m. - you'd probably want to be at Penn or Grand Central by 6:00 or Atlantic Terminal by 6:15 to be there on time.  If school car started at 7:30 or 8 a.m. the public transit commute would be a lot easier and more reliable. This is why some people drive - it can mean leaving the house an hour later, getting more sleep, etc.

Either way, driving or taking the train, you'll probably arrive at School Car at least a half hour early every day. If you assume your drive or transit commute will get you there by 6:50a you're cutting it too close, although at least with the train you can write down the car number and based on the scheduled arrival time you'll probably have a valid excuse.

11 hours ago, Face0312 said:

Just a question sure some will find this out or all ready know mta is overtime after 40 or after 8

After 8. 

3 hours ago, John275 said:

For the human resources day 1 orientation and TWU day 2 orientation do we wear regular street clothes?  Or business casual?

Just wear regular clothes you would work in.

You guys are lucky you didn’t get the older ones, talk about cinderblocks. You didn’t break those things in they broke you in.

on that site you get on free pair and if you want another with $85 off, reflected in the price shown. You can still get your own and get them approved I’ll be most likely getting a pair of redwings soon.

Hello all.. I’m list number 35xx (mids). Just took my drug test Tuesday 17th and still waiting for instructions on the next steps

any idea on what the last number of the class that started this week was? I just hope they get to my damn number. Sick of being broke tbh 

ps: ladies at Livingston are just as nasty as everyone said. They truly need to take a course on how to interact with the public. The coolest guy in there was the one who looked kinda hood/tough with a fitted on lol. He was honestly the most helpful and nice 

thanks in advance for your replies. I know you guys are busy milking OT and I’m interrupting   

2 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

You guys are lucky you didn’t get the older ones, talk about cinderblocks. You didn’t break those things in they broke you in.

on that site you get on free pair and if you want another with $85 off, reflected in the price shown. You can still get your own and get them approved I’ll be most likely getting a pair of redwings soon.

Trying to see which red wings they will authorize 

19 hours ago, MTAtookMeOutTheHood said:

ps: ladies at Livingston are just as nasty as everyone said. They truly need to take a course on how to interact with the public....

Not only in person, but over the phone too.

Brief update: No letter yet!!

Today was fun started out at 130 livingston then had to walk over to 195 mantgue because I guess they doing 1st day there now. Pretty nice walk to get the blood flowing. Now that I'm home I go to do my first log in on the my mta portal and my first password didn't work so I got locked out so I know my boots won't be to school till Thursday. Hopefully I can order them tomorrow to get them then.

22 hours ago, MTAtookMeOutTheHood said:

Hello all.. I’m list number 35xx (mids). Just took my drug test Tuesday 17th and still waiting for instructions on the next steps

any idea on what the last number of the class that started this week was? I just hope they get to my damn number. Sick of being broke tbh 

ps: ladies at Livingston are just as nasty as everyone said. They truly need to take a course on how to interact with the public. The coolest guy in there was the one who looked kinda hood/tough with a fitted on lol. He was honestly the most helpful and nice 

thanks in advance for your replies. I know you guys are busy milking OT and I’m interrupting   

My number is 33** and I will be in the May 21st class. I'm not sure if that helps you any.