Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

12 hours ago, +Young+ said:

When I went on the Linden Yard tour this past Saturday (I was in the afternoon group wearing the "Cardozo Soccer" jacket), I asked the Superintendent about that and he said that if you have the license (which I happen to have), you might be able to get a job within the Fleet Division right out of class...we shall see...

Which CDL class do you need to get into the Fleet Division?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know what it means for track workers waiting to b called

but the lady doing the oreintarion today

Said that with the state of emergency

MTA is hiring 2700 more worker between now and january

Its all departments

But it has 2 be some TRACK n tHAt number

4 hours ago, Supadupasai said:

Which CDL class do you need to get into the Fleet Division?

Ideally, you want the Class A CDL,  so you can drive both the tractor trailers and the single units, such as the box trucks. If you get the Class B CDL, you will be confined to the single units and not the tractor trailers. More information can be obtained here & here.

5 minutes ago, VA Slim said:

Dont know what it means for track workers waiting to b called

but the lady doing the oreintarion today

Said that with the state of emergency

MTA is hiring 2700 more worker between now and january

Its all departments

But it has 2 be some TRACK n tHAt number

Of course there are. I believe they are trying to make sure there are at least 2500-300 Track workers on hand (don’t take my word to be gospel). Currently there’s about 2000-2100 Track employees out there. 

The new influx of employees will mostly be sent to cleaning gangs as that’s what’s been pushed as one of the major causes of delays. 

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Ideally, you want the Class A CDL,  so you can drive both the tractor trailers and the single units, such as the box trucks. If you get the Class B CDL, you will be confined to the single units and not the tractor trailers. More information can be obtained here & here.

Thanks @+Young+ that was helpful. 

2 minutes ago, Queens718 said:

Morning all, I just got  an email and a phone call to come in tomorrow for medical . Check your emails fellas. 

What's your list number? I'm in the 1900s been waiting since august for medical 

So I just got back from Livingston Street. I got there by 7 AM, successfully took a drug test and I was out by 10 AM (ish). My list # is 28**.

For those folks, members and guests, who got "false" letters in September and have not went to Livingston Street, I would do so ASAP. As long as you have one of those letters, you're still good. I also wouldn't bother to waste my time going to DCAS to get your name restored on the list. Go straight to Livingston Street and see what happens.

Also, make sure you run off a copy of your pre-employment application before you hand it in. This and your CPD-B have to match. If not, you will get grilled in final processing (trust me).

Now if they give you a hard time in which there are no Track Worker vacancies available, I would explain that the mail at your residence is messed up. If they still give you a hard time, I would ask to speak to Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources, or Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Executive Vice President of HR.

Hopefully one of these days they'll get their act together...

48 minutes ago, Skn529 said:

What's your list number? I'm in the 1900s been waiting since august for medical 

I would go down ASAP and find out what your story is. Apparently something happened...

Edited by +Young+

15 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

So I just got back from Livingston Street. I got there by 7 AM, successfully took a drug test and I was out by 10 AM (ish). My list # is 28**.

For those folks, members and guests, who got "false" letters in September and have not went to Livingston Street, I would do so ASAP. As long as you have one of those letters, you're still good. I also wouldn't bother to waste my time going to DCAS to get your name restored on the list. Go straight to Livingston Street and see what happens.

Also, make sure you run off a copy of your pre-employment application before you hand it in. This and your CPD-B have to match. If not, you will get grilled in final processing (trust me).

Now if they give you a hard time in which there are no Track Worker vacancies available, I would explain that the mail at your residence is messed up. If they still give you a hard time, I would ask to speak to Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources, or Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Executive Vice President of HR.

Hopefully one of these days they'll get their act together...

I would go down ASAP and find out what your story is.

Yeah I'm gonna have to, I called ms Robinson last week and she told me they weren't up to my number yet, so this is very odd. I did receive and email on oct 11 not to come in because I received the 2nd canvas in the mail for pre employment process and was told I would be contacted in 2-3 weeks. Going on 4 weeks now so I think I needa go down there asap

30 minutes ago, Skn529 said:

Yeah I'm gonna have to, I called ms Robinson last week and she told me they weren't up to my number yet, so this is very odd. I did receive and email on oct 11 not to come in because I received the 2nd canvas in the mail for pre employment process and was told I would be contacted in 2-3 weeks. Going on 4 weeks now so I think I needa go down there asap

I agree. And if they give you a hard time, ask to speak to one of those ladies. That should say something itself.

Good luck...

Hi guys, i went in August for the drug test and recieved an email on october 11 that in 2-3 weeks i will be called for the medical. Its now  November 7th. Ive tried calling leaving voicemails and emails for Mrs. Robinson with no answer till yesterday where all she wrote was shes out of the office to call a Mr. Moran in which she gave me the wrong phone number for.  Needless to say i found the correct number and left a few messages with no response. Is there anyone else having an issue and is there someonexelse i could call. My list number is 22**.

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

7 minutes ago, Patrick88 said:

Hi guys, i went in August for the drug test and recieved an email on october 11 that in 2-3 weeks i will be called for the medical. Its now  November 7th. Ive tried calling leaving voicemails and emails for Mrs. Robinson with no answer till yesterday where all she wrote was shes out of the office to call a Mr. Moran in which she gave me the wrong phone number for.  Needless to say i found the correct number and left a few messages with no response. Is there anyone else having an issue and is there someone else i could call. My list number is 22**.

First of all, make sure you hide the last digit or two of your list number in order to hide your identity. Keep in mind that anyone can view this site as a guest.

Second, depending on how bad you want this job, I would go back down in person and ask them what's going on. The situation is so messed up and I think they're focusing on whoever has been in their office lately compared to other folks. Even @Queens718, whose list number is in the 2600's, went down on Friday 10/27, which is less than two weeks ago for the first drug test and he's going in for the medical exam tomorrow. Even myself, with a list number in the 2800's, went down to Livingston Street today to find out what my story was, and surprisingly, they let me take a drug test with the "false" letter that I got in September.

I even tried to call DCAS the past two days for an update and guess what I got - nothing. That should say something itself...

34 minutes ago, Queens718 said:

2690s

Al though I’m like 40 numbers ahead of you I had to take my drug test few days after you as my mail never showed up, hoping to get email for medical soon and don’t get the run around calling ms.robinson again 

Edited by Queensqueens111

34 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, make sure you hide the last digit or two of your list number in order to hide your identity. Keep in mind that anyone can view this site as a guest.

Second, depending on how bad you want this job, I would go back down in person and ask them what's going on. The situation is so messed up and I think they're focusing on whoever has been in their office lately compared to other folks. Even @Queens718, whose list number is in the 2600's, went down on Friday 10/27, which is less than two weeks ago for the first drug test and he's going in for the medical exam tomorrow. Even myself, with a list number in the 2800's, went down to Livingston Street today to find out what my story was, and surprisingly, they let me take a drug test with the "false" letter that I got in September.

I even tried to call DCAS the past two days for an update and guess what I got - nothing. That should say something itself...

Ok thank you for the info. 

6 minutes ago, ebenz1 said:

anyone know how the parking is for the learning school in Coney island ? or if there's a parking lot available to us? trying to plan out how early I should head down there tmmrw 

if you get down there early enough it should be parking i use to live right around the corner from ps 248