The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

Per my instructors, they basically want it in the 'blind spot' between the front vision glass and your side windshield.

So far, I like the R68s the best. Either way, I need to be able to operate and control all classes, preferences aside.

We did flagging today, and stopped a few ®s south of 77th St.

Nothing like standing between the columns and having the train passing you a foot away.....

Lol....that must have been an interesting experience!! We're flagging tomorrow. Kinda looking forward to it. I think its gonna be a bit scary and fun all at the same time!!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a big wake up call today. Took a quiz and got one question wrong because i forgot one word....STOP!!! Made realize i really need to be more careful and study more

That's a problem in our class, too.

We did more cuts and adds today. Tomorrow is third-rail jumping at 207 St.

they combined Our whole induction class of T/O's that started 11/12 to do third rail jumpers and hand thrown switch today. 3rd rail jumpers was interesting but not as scary as i thought from watching the video. hand thrown switches seems like it should be an exhibit in the TA museum. i guess the ciyd is still having problems so we did it at the 207yd. We havent been on the road as much as other classes but it appears that my class is getting a bit more prep for the first practical and a lot of good take home material to help prep us for the signals test.

Edited by Ny Trucker

Yes, the jumpers were fun, so was me being the loudmouth.

One thing I can cross off my bucket list: operating a Redbird. Yes, it was only for 10 feet, but it was still operation.

Same here. I was the one that charged it up/standing brake tests/dump it and released the handbrakes so we could start using it.

Edited by elantra06

I think there were two schoolcar groups on CPW earlier today around 11:30-12noon. One for sure on an R46 going downtown on the local tracks, but the one I'm not sure about was between 125 and 135, my (D), the (C) next to it, and an (A) and (B) going down the other way were all doing LOOOOOOOONG-short-LOOOOOOONG-short horns through the area and moving very slow. I think it was a schoolcar group hiding between the pillars because I didnt see/notice any track gangs and even if there were, I would think that they wouldn't take up all 4 active tracks without rerouting something.

Anyone here involved in this?

Edited by paulrivera

I think there were two schoolcar groups on CPW earlier today around 11:30-12noon. One for sure on an R46 going downtown on the local tracks, but the one I'm not sure about was between 125 and 135, my (D), the (C) next to it, and an (A) and (B) going down the other way were all doing LOOOOOOOONG-short-LOOOOOOONG-short horns through the area and moving very slow. I think it was a schoolcar group hiding between the pillars because I didnt see/notice any track gangs and even if there were, I would think that they wouldn't take up all 4 active tracks without rerouting something.

Anyone here involved in this?

Not me. Long-short-long-short is the wrong signal for workers on the track; that's the signal for PD Assistance needed immediately.

We went on a road trip to Signal School at 14th St, and learned about the wheel detectors, and some cool signal stuff. They have a nice facility and the best smelling bathrooms in the system.

After lunch, we went up to RCC. Sweet place. We met Mr. Lambert; he had us in his office for a pep talk.

Tomorrow we'll be at ENY, starting the R32s.

Edited by mediccjh

Joyride day. R46 from 71Av to 2 Av twice. I need to work on my station stops; I'm crawling and stopping short.

Ah that was you folks out there calling CTL today!

After lunch, we went up to RCI. Sweet place. We met Mr. Lambert; he had us in his office for a pep talk.

WTF you guys went to the Ivory Tower????

RCC...