The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After every trip, I make it a point to ask the Conductor how my operation was. So far, no complaints. 

Yeah you did good today, Smooth sailing the whole night except for the hold up at 81 street going south on our 1st 1/2.

Edited by Dan05979

After every trip, I make it a point to ask the Conductor how my operation was. So far, no complaints. 

I was the same way heck still is...

Yeah you did good today, Smooth sailing the whole night except for the hold up at 81 street going south on our 1st 1/2.

Hint hint hint...

they don't give you a practical on ALL types of cars to make sure you can operate each one?

You get whats available(Due to the Needs Of The Service usually its something that not "perfect" either) and its most likely a One Shot Deal...

Meaning you Fail yer Road Practical hand in yer tools...

Dont go Looking for a Tech train on your Road Practical folks!!

Well if its raining...  ;)  ;)

Good chance you gonna See SMEE equipment...

Edited by RTOMan

You get whats available(Due to the Needs Of The Service usually its something that not "perfect" either) and its most likely a One Shot Deal...

Meaning you Fail yer Road Practical hand in yer tools...

Dont go Looking for a Tech train on your Road Practical folks!!

Well if its raining...  ;)  ;)

Good chance you gonna See SMEE equipment...

Yeah an r42 in the rain...disaster waiting to happen.

No ive seen(and rode)R42's in the rain.the train stops anywhere from 5 to 25 feet further which on some lines is a disaster...

Trust me Rain has Nothing to do with it..

R42's are "interesting" animals to tame...

Even the CI Rebuilds i was able to master when folks seen them on the  (M)  and hated them..

A trains a train just takes  time...

Trust me Rain has Nothing to do with it..

R42's are "interesting" animals to tame...

Even the CI Rebuilds i was able to master when folks seen them on the  (M)  and hated them..

A trains a train just takes  time...

thanks for that explanation,it seemed that it was always during rain...

Road practical yesterday. They changed the location on us from new lots to 242. There was much rejoicing! Happy to report my entire class passed, 10 strong. The supernatant was pretty strick but he let you know right off the bat what will fail you immediately. My first stop was a little short. After that my stops and operation were perfect. Project straight talk tomorrow then we are at the mercy of the crew office.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Road practical yesterday. They changed the location on us from new lots to 242. There was much rejoicing! Happy to report my entire class passed, 10 strong. The supernatant was pretty strick but he let you know right off the bat what will fail you immediately. My first stop was a little short. After that my stops and operation were perfect. Project straight talk tomorrow then we are at the mercy of the crew office. Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats!!

A good night on the (Q). Rush hour passengers really do change the braking of the train.....

Yeah well the practical was a lot easier on a R142A because if they left another MDC zoned up or turned off a circuit breaker, all you gotta do is look at the screen......

So congrats to all you newly-passed T/O's! Are you going to yard jobs, or are they sending you straight to the road?

Congrats to those who passes now the REAL run begins!

Remember these words when they eff with you with late jobs early jobs or sitting on the board for 7 hrs and 55 minutes on yer Friday and picking up a whole job, While you got Plane tickets in yer back pocket for a short get away..

"Needs Of The Service"....

Our TSS told us that when we passed i still hate him for it lol!  :lol:  :lol:

So congrats to all you newly-passed T/O's! Are you going to yard jobs, or are they sending you straight to the road?

I think that may start with the 3/25 Class..

They need fresh bodies in the B Div...

Edited by RTOMan

Yeah well the practical was a lot easier on a R142A because if they left another MDC zoned up or turned off a circuit breaker, all you gotta do is look at the screen......

we are off to the road. They put us on a job with another train operator for one more week. I can tell you one thing that wishlist they gave us is a bunch of crap. The only shift i didn't want, they gave me. The plus side is they gave me the highest paying job in the class with plenty of waa. I guess the breaks even out.

They put us on a job with another train operator for one more week. I can tell you one thing that wishlist they gave us is a bunch of crap.

It happens Crew Office goes by bodies and pass numbers been through it for four and a half years as extra extra.

The plus side is they gave me the highest paying job in the class with plenty of waa. I guess the breaks even out.

Somedays you get the Bear!  :)

Just a word to the Wise don't complain to the Crew Office about it or all you will see is that Tour!

Edited by RTOMan

Just a word to the Wise don't complain to the Crew Office about it or all you will see is that Tour!

words to live by! Believe me i had no plans on complaining. They pay me to do a job so i do it when and where they tell me to. Besides it could always be worst.

Congrats to those who passes now the REAL run begins!

Remember these words when they eff with you with late jobs early jobs or sitting on the board for 7 hrs and 55 minutes on yer Friday and picking up a whole job, While you got Plane tickets in yer back pocket for a short get away..

"Needs Of The Service"....

Our TSS told us that when we passed i still hate him for it lol! :lol::lol:

I think that may start with the 3/25 Class..

They need fresh bodies in the B Div...

RTOMan. I'm in the 3/25 class. Do you think that they are going to send us all to B Division?

RTOMan. I'm in the 3/25 class. Do you think that they are going to send us all to B Division?

Dont know depends on who needs TOs the most...

I didnt Find out till day two or three i believe.

words to live by! Believe me i had no plans on complaining. They pay me to do a job so i do it when and where they tell me to. Besides it could always be worst. Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

You would be surprised how many folks wrote G2's complaining about that.. Made those 4 and half years LONGER... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Edited by RTOMan